Hydaelyn Role-Players
A second chance? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A second chance? (/showthread.php?tid=2228)

A second chance? - Amyr Mythweaver - 06-17-2013

I bought the original FF14 back in 2010 for release but unfortunately I was suffering from a serious illness at that time and did not have the enthusiasm to get into the game, honestly I only managed to log in one time for around 90 minutes.

It was from a gaming point of view a regret on my end but with the rerelease coming it looks as though I will get another chance to experience FF in an MMO environment.  After looking at these forums I intend to roll on Balmung and am looking forward to interacting with many of you. 

I do have one question and that is about the beta, I received an email from Square Enix saying I would have access to the third beta phase and that further instructions would follow but not yet received anything, is there something I should do such as registering for the beta or just be patient?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

RE: A second chance? - Magellan - 06-17-2013

Welcome! Happy to hear you have (seemingly) recovered and look forward to gaming with you!

RE: A second chance? - Rhostel - 06-17-2013

Since you have an existing account, I think you just need to log in or something, but don't quote me on it. I'm sure someone who has more recent/relevant knowledge will be able to help you soon!

Hope you enjoy yourself! Moogle

RE: A second chance? - Aldeus - 06-17-2013

Part one of phase 3 was this weekend.  There are still two parts left, plus phase 4 before the game launches fully at the end of august.

RE: A second chance? - drake2k - 06-17-2013

1.  W E L C O M E !

2. Log into your account @ Square Enix Account Management and check on 'Select Services' then FFXIV then 'Options List'.

You should see something like...

FINAL FANTASY XIV - Windows®
            FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test

If so, then you're golden.  Just download the client (it's a totally different one then the old 1.0) and log in with your username and password.

You can download the client HERE.

RE: A second chance? - Amyr Mythweaver - 06-17-2013

Thank you for the welcomes and the advice, logging into my Square Enix account I have the Final Fantasy XIV but not the Realm Reborn option, using the patcher it lets me log in but needs a code from a notification email I have not had yet.

Guess that means I will just have to await that email since the initial email from SE mentions further instructions to come, frustrating but then beta entries normally are in my experience.

I look forward to getting into the beta to see the game and begin to meet you all until then stay safe and do not have too many adventures!

RE: A second chance? - drake2k - 06-17-2013

If you don't get it by Thursday (be sure to check your spam folder) then you might consider putting in a support request.  If you do it during business hours you can actually request to chat with a live person.   Otherwise you can use the e-mail support.

Chances are if your previous letter stated 'instructions to come' then you'll probably get it before Friday.