Hydaelyn Role-Players
Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) (/showthread.php?tid=234)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Shamadconde - 07-14-2010

((Share and enjoy))

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - DAISHI - 07-14-2010

The chef of the Cooking Guild poked his head into the restaurant.

"What the hell do you all think you're doing? Don't you realize this is where we train our students?"

He walked over to the diminutive Lalfell, an army of chefs-in-training, all dressed in white aprons, following behind him. "Here now, it's after hours. If you're going to be in here you're going to be doing what all after-hours people do!" With that he shoved an apron over the Lalafell's body, indicating for the rest of the chefs to do the same to all others standing about the restaurant. The chef, excited, pulled a large butcher's knife from hammerspace.

"Now, you're all just in time! We were just about to play a game we like to call..." He bent over, breathing in a massive breath and then turning upwards with a gigantic shout, "MAGNESIUM CHEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!"

From the bowels of the Cooking Guild music suddenly began to resound through the building as another parade of assistance started filtering into the restaurant, each one of them hauling large devices in which coals were alit, pots full of boiling water sitting atop them, obviously to be used for the competition. The sous-chef, directing all of this, growled for the competitors to take their places at the various mobile-cooking stations being set up about the restaurant, the mixing sounds of clambering pots and overwhelming music bellowing out into the streets.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Tyme - 07-14-2010

((I don't even know how to respond to that DAISHI Laugh but I've been trying to post this since before the other thread was locked... ))

Katt gave an alarmed glance at Tai, "W-what the hell just happened?" she wondered to herself. "I better be careful, if her mere introduction can effect Tai that much, I don't want to know what else she's capable of..."

At that moment, Tai was assaulted by the chef's of the kitchen. Katt giggled before returning attention to her table.

Katt smiles at Nanapariri, "You may call me Katt, it is a pleasure to meet you ma'am. I thank you for the offering of a meal, but I'll have to pass. I'm not accustomed to borrowing the money of people I just met. Besides, I've brought plenty of gil to last me this trip. If you could, ma'am, just state the reason that you called me over."

"But it seems something exciting is making its way into the Bismarck, it may be difficult to talk here."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Shamadconde - 07-14-2010

Shamad took the apron off and threw it to the floor. He would not be part of any competition!

Katt took the apron as one of the chefs handed it to her, "Hmm, when does the competition start?" she asks the head chef. "I'm in the middle of a conversation with Nanapariri right now, but I do love to cook so I may actually be interested in joining in... you know, Katt turns towards Nanapariri, how about I make dinner for all of us?" motioning toward her table and Tai on the other side of the restaurant, "Consider it my treat."

((Woohoo time for some Iron Chef RP!))

((Edit: I feel really bad that my character is so easily distracted Nana Cry ))

Shamad nodded and rejoined Nanapariri at her table. "Hope you win!"

The chef, tapping his foot, looked about. "Though this is HIGHLY UNUSUAL!" he shouted for no reason, "I can allow twenty minutes before we begin! It will gives us time to bring up more ingredients from the back!"

((It's funny, when I wrote the bio for my character... she had two talents. Writing and cooking... didn't expect to get a chance to RP cooking Laugh... this'll be fun!))

((Hello irony))

Shamad looked over at Nanapariri. "My name is Tai by the way. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Nanapariri - 07-14-2010

(Omg Daishi lol. Taken me awhile to respond to this)

When the Lalafell left it surprise Nana he backed down so easily.

Things seemed to be ready to get going on business when suddenly an army of Chefs burst in. As he announced a cooking competition Nana blinked as aprons were shoved at both her and Alam for a moment.

"I hope you win ma'am" she heard the young Lalafel say before introducing himself as Tai.

She then heard Kat's offer.

Nana laughed and patting Tai's shoulder abesently looked at the Chef. "Oh I think Katt has an excellent idea. I'm afraid I'm useless in the kitchen but I do have a descriminating palate. How about I help judge. Alam you can try your hand if you like. Maybe I'll put up a wager say.... 10k gil for the winner? After this we can finish our business since I assure you I don't give hand-outs. If I sponser you then you will have to work your cute little buns off."

(Honestly Nana can't even burn water and she won't embarras herself like that but the bodyguard can lol )

Katt startled by Nanapariri's response says, "Well, the prize isn't necessary. It's well worth it just getting a chance to try my hand in the kitchen against such fine chefs... assuming all preparations are complete head chef, I think we're ready to start."

((Edit: I think we need to know the rules of the competition though. How many courses? 3 or more?))

Shamad glanced over at Nanapariri. He gathered his courage. "Can I ask you a question?"

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Nanapariri - 07-14-2010

Nana stopped patting his shoulder as she listened to Katt.

Katt startled by Nanapariri's response says, "Well, the prize isn't necessary. It's well worth it just getting a chance to try my hand in the kitchen against such fine chefs... assuming all preparations are complete head chef, I think we're ready to start."

"Of course the prize isn't necessary Kiddo its just consider it a well earned bonus if you can outshine these fine Chefs."

As Nana spoke the silent bodyguard put on the apron and threw the spear over her shoulder. Though she planned to participate she still was on duty after all. Alam was remarkably able to pay attention to more than one thing at once thankfully.

Shamad glanced over at Nanapariri. He gathered his courage. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Ask away Kiddo" she said wondering just what he had on his mind after such a remarkable attitude change.

(I think I'll set up an OOC comment thread so we can keep the ooc comments separate from the RP)

"Why would a lovely Dunsefolk such as yourself come to a humid and musty place like Limsa Lominsa? I prefer the desert myself." He glanced away from her face. He had heard about her family. A large family of traders. He had used some the goods they sold and they were always excellent.