Hydaelyn Role-Players
Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) (/showthread.php?tid=234)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Tyme - 07-23-2010

DAISHI Wrote:((hah I got left behind XD It happens, sorry gang, was going to update today but it seems there was a bunch of people that wanted to move on. I had other, pay-oriented writing to do before I left. Was going to advance this today but it seems it is not to be!))

((I know... I was waiting for you so we both got left in the dust! Haha!))

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Midaja - 07-23-2010

Tyme Wrote:
DAISHI Wrote:((hah I got left behind XD It happens, sorry gang, was going to update today but it seems there was a bunch of people that wanted to move on. I had other, pay-oriented writing to do before I left. Was going to advance this today but it seems it is not to be!))

((I know... I was waiting for you so we both got left in the dust! Haha!))

((You might just have finished the competition in the background while no one (of the "active" ones) was watching... Smile))

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - DAISHI - 07-23-2010

((I was going to but then... I think one of the posts got removed Tongue))

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - foxfirestorm - 07-23-2010

(( Sorry about that guys.. and why are you asking Koti what she is eating, now I have to come up with something when I don't even know the name of the fruits out there yet. XD Your so mean. Wink *kids* ))

The black Miqo'te's tail twitches a bit as she listens and smiles softly, "Ahh, so yah name be Rain, and it seemed ta follow yah in town, did it?" She says with a playful whim of a sound in her voice. "Gotta admit, tha storm is pretty bad out there. Though I'm sure it will blow over by mornin'."

She then takes another bite of her fruit, thinking a bit before she goes to cut another piece, "Pirates..." she said softly, "..can be trouble at times, but not all of 'em are in tha same kettle of fish. Just depends on tha' motives they got, just like we all do, sugar. As for yah sister, I'm sure she will be fine, and as for tha' rum." Koti then grins, before placing another piece of the fruit up her lips, "..I might offer ta pay, if ya willin' ta tell me wha' this map be all about.."

The Miqo'te then takes the bite of the piece she had, about the time the other shows up. She then hears the question before she moves the piece she had half eaten around, "A piece of fruit that came off a tree, unless tha' be a sin ta eat such a tasty thing?" She says with a sarcastic tone, but a playful grin on her face before finishing the piece she had.
By the looks for the fruit, it had a hard a thin layer of skin, with the fruit inside. It could indeed just be your every day apple by the looks of it (or a fruit thus ken to it).

"I am no master of tha fruits," She states, "But I've seen 'em sold around and on ships. Dependin' on your language ya be speakin', probably depends on the name. I just like ta call them juicy reds." Koti then cuts another slice before offering it to the other Miqo'te, "Like a bite, hun?"

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Merri - 07-23-2010

"Aye, they can be trouble." He nodded. "An' they were. But, I'm here in one piece, as is the load we were carryin', an' I got me payment. Just have ta' rinse and repeat. An' while I didn't exactly sign on ta' be swashbucklin' me way 'cross the sea, ya won't catch me quiverin' like a yellow-bellied bastard. Can't say the same 'bout some of the crews i've seen.

An' me sister has a knack for worryin' when she shouldn't. Guarantee i'll be gettin' a stern talkin' to when I get home. But at this point, won't matter if I come home in an hour or two. It'll all be the same. "

Rain brought his attention back to the map as she mentioned it, giving a blank stare as he studied it. "I wish I knew. I've been tryin' ta' figure out what this is a map of for the past seven years. Or what it's a map to."

He fished a hand down into a pouch at his hip, pulling out a small handful of gil before tossing it on the table and grabbing at the skirt of a passing barmaid to draw her attention. "A round of yer' finest Rum for me an' me mates." Rain held up three fingers, gave the barmaid a sly wink and a grin, then sent her on her way. His attention then turned to the other Miqo'te who had just approached. "Take a seat, lass. Have a drink or three."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Tyme - 07-23-2010

Katt finally finishes the meal she was cooking, and looks around at the other chefs. Not entirely confident in herself, she submits her three course meal... spaghetti squash strips topped with a creamy tomato sauce sautéed with garlic shrimp and a basil leaf on top followed by grilled miso sea bass on top of a lentil salad and finally a mini red velvet bundt cake for dessert topped with dark chocolate sauce and spun sugar for garnish.

Katt wipes the sweat off her brow and for the first time since the competition started, takes a look around the room. She finally notices that Tai is missing and how many people have entered the establishment. "Wow...," she thought to herself, "I really do get entranced by cooking."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Midaja - 07-23-2010

"Oh, yeah, Id really like a piece of that fruit... I love fruits you know, and this one looks delicious." She nodded eagerly, taking the offered piece and sniffing at it before sticking the whole piece in her mouth. While she chew, a fair amount of juice trickled down her chin and she munched "Wow, itsh juicy, me like", and happily closed her eyes.

Reopening one of them she took the invitation "mh, shank you, shitting ish much better than... ..." she gulped down the rest of the slice and cleared her throat, "I mean sitting is much better than standing" and she sat down on an empty chair.

"Much better than sitting at the bar all alone", she stated and opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by another delicious smell in the air, sniffing brightly. "Mmmh it looks like they finished their cooking contest. There are so many good flavours in here..."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - foxfirestorm - 07-23-2010

Koti laughed a bit at the Hyrul before she cut the last of the fruit and ate the last piece, resting the core down on the table away from the map, before taking her knife and jabbing it in it. "A map ya dun know nothin' about. Sounds like somethin' tha' could be quiet tha adventure, sugar. Hopefully dun lead ya to much trouble though, Rain. Ain't good for a sister ta be missin' her brother in these days."

The black Miqo'te grinned as the other seemed to approve of the piece of fruit, "I'll make sure if I'm ever in town, ta show ya where ya can get some. Though probably ain't gonna be much around after this storm is done." She says with a hrmph of annoyance.

Then she seemed a amused by the other Miqo'te as she apparently was entranced by the smell of another dish, though her eyes went back to Rain, "..By tha way, ya didn't have to buy tha drinks."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Merri - 07-25-2010

"And now they be makin' me hungry, as well..." He mumbled under his breath, sniffing lightly at the air.

Rain dismissed Koti with a wave of his hand and shake of his head. "Don't worry 'bout it. I like the cut of yer jib, mate." He gave her a sly wink. "Besides. Wouldn't be very 'gentleman-like' of me ta not pay." The sailor gave a dry chuckle at the thought of himself in the shoes of a nobleman. While he could never pull it off, at least his morals were in the right place. In port, of course. He couldn't speak for himself out on the open seas. One had to adapt to survive, and if Rain had learned anything over his years at sea, it was that most pirates didn't play nice.

"So, here you are pushin' all these questions my way. What's your story?" He inquired, eying Koti up again before glancing over to the newcomer. "... And yours."

The barmaid finally made her way back to the table, setting down three mugs brimming with rum. "Much appreciated, lass." Rain gave her a bit of a roguish grin and wink as well, flipping an extra coin over to her off his thumb.

"Cheers." He held up his mug for a moment before going bottoms up and gulping down half his drink in one swift movement. Setting the mug back down, he let out a satisfied sigh and wiped his mouth across the back of his sleeve, only to realize it was still wet, and simply finished the job with the back of his hand.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Midaja - 07-25-2010

Returning her attention to whats happening at the table, she eyed the mug of rum in shock and wrinkled her nose. "Uhm... I dont drink much alcohol normally, and admittedly I've never had rum before. But Ill just give it a try mh?" and with those words she took a testing gulp. Pursing her lips she tried to judge the liquid but apparently wasnt able to, so she just continued raising the mug to her mouth and had drunk about half of the content, before her cheeks blushed faintly and she put it back on the table.

"Its... Rather... Strange... I think Id clearly prefer fruit juice if I had the choice", she said, "but er... thanks for the drink anyway" she added quickly after going through behavioral rules in her mind. "Uhm, I dont really have a story to tell, I just came here with my mother, shes doing business with some of the trade guilds in town and I grew bored of reading another book about how important it is to bring ones soul into unison with the elements and divine beings out there", she stated, all the while shifting on the chair in unease. "Im sure her (refering to the other Miqo'te at the table) story is much more exciting."

"Oh and Id for sure appreciate to know where they sell those fruits" she smiled.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - foxfirestorm - 07-25-2010

Koti crossed one leg over the other, before she lifted the mug that she gained as well to the 'gentleman' across from her, "Cheers ta ya too, Rain and hopin' tha' ya travels always be a safe one." She takes a swig of the mug, though doesn't down it back as the Hyrul did. Instead seems to be more easy on it.

Her silver eyes do glance over to the other female Miqo'te as her cheeks flush, this causes her to get a wicked grin, but was covered by the mug as she takes another drink from it.
The Black miqo'te then listens to the other, before she places down the mug and trails her claw tip finger around the edge of it, as her cheek rests in the palm of her other hand. "Ya came with ya mother did ya?" She asks softly. "My, I hope she ain't ta concerned for ya hun. With this storm and all, tha' and this probably ain't the best side of town for stray kittens." She doesn't seem to say that spitefully, but with a hint of mild concern. "..and if ya like tha taste of fruit, they might be able to mix tha' up some. I heard tha' in some places, Rum can come in different flavors ta tha drinker's likin', but once ya get use ta it, its a rather nice way ta pass tha time with others." She says with a warm smile, before she sits up straight again and then takes another drink from the mug.

"As for myself, I ain't got much of a story ta tell. Just a gal tryin' ta survive in a crazy world." She says looking at the mug for a moment. "..and dun think I could ever go back ta tha life I had either. Once ya make a vow ta somethin', ya life goes on tha line with tha choices ya make, and not wantin' ta drag family into it.. ya learn it ain't wise to go lookin back at the past, but stickin' ta tha future."
Koti then takes another sip from the mug, "..all tha' is in my past is just pain and my sister." She then finishes the mug after that.

Then a sudden switch of gears, as she then rests both arms on the table, with her tail twitching. "Ofcorse, I guess if I wanted to get down inta details, ya probably find it depressin', so I'll just say skip tha' and dun worry on it now." She then waves her hand absently. "I will say tha only thing good in my past is my sister, thou' she is studin' tha ways of magic when I left, and I hope ta whatever god she be servin' they are watchin' out for her. Magic was never my thing, though our mother was strong in it, like some of the other people from where I was born. I mean, even I might be able too cast a spell or two, but I dun even wanna try.."
Her silver eyes glance out the window at the rain, "..elemental controllin', teleportin', light ta even tha dark.. Seekers of tha Moon.. Huntin' in tha' night. Tha'.." she closes her eyes before she smiles, "..just wasn't me.."

The black Miqo'te then leans back in her chair, closing her eyes, and crossing her arms under her chest. Her foot now resting over her other foot, as she seemed to go quiet, that was till the thunder roared once more, which caused her eyes to go wide, and her tail to fluff a bit. "..blasted storm.." she muttered.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Merri - 07-25-2010

Rain looked on, rather dumbfounded as Miqo'te proceeded to take down half her drink without any issues. "Colour me impressed. Haven't seen a lass drink like that in a long while. But I'd slow down there, if I were you. Last thing I need is yer angry mother clawin' me face up for havin' her daughter flappin' around like three sheets in the wind.

Rain brought a hand up to rub his left shoulder a moment as he rolled it, nodding slowly as he listened to the two share their own stories. "Magic, eh? One of the reasons I took up sailin' in the first place was ta' be able ta' send me kid sister off to learn some of it for herself. That, and well, ya know. Keep a roof over her head." He shrugged and took another swig of his drink.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Nanapariri - 07-26-2010

Seeing Katt finish Nana applauded loudly.

"So Mister Chef do I get to taste the Kiddo's dish and compare it to your brigade's or are you going to slight me? Hmm? I'd be most disappointed and I might be forced to find accomodations elseware..."

The Lalafel leaned back in her chair again grinning smugly.

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - Midaja - 07-27-2010

While she listened to the black Miqo'tes story she began to wobble a bit on her chair, her face getting some kind of a dull expression, eyes following the hypnotic movement of the black tail twitching around while Koti spoke. She seemingly wanted to say something after the other one finished, opened her mouth but got interrupted by the roaring thunder, catching her off-guard and letting her wince at it.

Regaining her forces after Rain had spoken, she folded her arms. "Aaam not strayin'! Ah can perfectly watch for myselff, not a child anymore eh. Aand for that storm out theere, the more it rains, the... The less the chance to get robbed on the streetsh mh? All those p'rates and thieves all gonna be drinking their filthy rum in a bar with..." She blinked several times, looked at her drink and then beamed at her two fellow companions. "Errr..."

Re: Arrival at the Bismark Part II (open) - foxfirestorm - 07-27-2010

"With us?" Koti purrs back to the other Miqo'te. "I believe that rum, hun, is startin' ta get ta ya cute little head." She says with a smirk before she snaps her fingers over at the passing waitress. "Ma'am, could ya get this gal here some water and loaf of bread? Thank ya kindly."

Koti then relaxed a bit, before she stretched her arms over her head with ease. "Magic.. is an odd thing. Some got tha' gift, others don't. If yah sister can get in, iIm sure she would be safe as a bug under a rug."

Her eyes then drift out the window once more, seeming to just stare out as the rain moved along the glass. "...."