Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion (/showthread.php?tid=2358)

Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Caysen - 06-22-2013

New dev blog today with some really nice concept art. This game has such great gear designs.

Quote:LOST IN PROMOTION
June 21, 2013
Hello all!
Fernehalwes here.

When two celestial bodies align, you get an eclipse. Sure, it's cool, but eclipses happen all the time, and really, they're only good for promoting the sale of those cheap, cardboard glasses that prevent you from going blind by staring directly into the sun. Now, when three celestial bodies align, that's when things happen. Restless souls rise from the dead, ancient civilizations crumble, work gets DONE.

Which is why when I saw the producer/director (Yoshida-san), the UI lead (Minagawa-san), and the design lead (Takai-san) gathered outside the big P's office, I knew something was up...

[Image: JP20130621_1.JPG]

Could this be new art for the classes and jobs...?

[Image: JP20130621_2.JPG]

How about we take a closer look...

[Image: JP20130621_5.jpg]

And no, I didn't choose all female characters on purpose.

[Image: JP20130621_6.jpg]

Okay, maybe I chose all female characters on purpose. Soken made me do it!

Fernehalwes.

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Gideon Aryeh - 06-23-2013

I hope we get a darker look for monks not a fan of the yellow armor at all nor the feather in my cap headpiece.

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Rhostel - 06-23-2013

We've been told AF sets will be able to be dyed at some later date. Not right away, but once they become commonplace enough that iconography is less important than variety.

Personally, I'm keen to see Rhos in some firetruck red Dragoon gear.

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Darkfae - 06-23-2013

I love the style of the concept art. *sighs*

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Rhostel - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 10:08 PM)Darkfae Wrote: I love the style of the concept art. *sighs*

Yessss. Akihiko Yoshida is godly. That Marauder is the best thing ever.

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Martiallais - 06-24-2013

(06-23-2013, 10:27 PM)Rhostel Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 10:08 PM)Darkfae Wrote: I love the style of the concept art. *sighs*

Yessss. Akihiko Yoshida is godly. That Marauder is the best thing ever.

Thirded here on that. Though here's a rather newbie question: What does AF actually stand for? I've seen it around in more than a few places.

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Caysen - 06-24-2013

AF stands for Artifact. Artifact gear is the iconic job-specific gear that each job gets.

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Valan - 06-24-2013

Concept safed on my ipad Wink

Great work as usual

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Martiallais - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 01:41 PM)Caysen Wrote: AF stands for Artifact. Artifact gear is the iconic job-specific gear that each job gets.

Thanks for answering for me. Smile Much appreciated.

RE: Dev Blog: Lost In Promotion - Asyria - 06-25-2013

(06-23-2013, 11:03 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: I hope we get a darker look for monks not a fan of the yellow armor at all nor the feather in my cap headpiece.

I agree on the yellow... but Feathered Hat has been a low-level headgear in Final Fantasy games for ages! Tongue