Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp--CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp--CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=2407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp--CLOSED) - Kylin - 06-25-2013

New census poll time!

This is an easy one, though the results may greatly interest many of you. Did your primary character fight at the Battle of Cartenau and get transported 5 years into the future, or did he/she end up staying behind for the five years?

For those who are completely new to ARR and are still scratching their heads over the whole "time skip" concept, I'll break it down very simply for you. Basically, there was a big final battle at the end of 1.0 between the Garleans and the Eorzean Alliance. During the battle, Bahamut broke free of Dalamud and wreaked havoc (as seen in the video). As Bahamut prepared to destroy the remnants of the battle, Louisoix cast a powerful spell by invoking the power of Althyk, god of time and space. The spell transported most of those who were at the battle into the future in order to protect them. So any RPers who happened to RP being at the battle were caught in the time jump. Those who were NOT at the battle were left behind.

New players are probably mostly 'stay behinds.' That said, it's not completely set in stone and even newbies can RP having been at the battle and warped if they really wanted to, though it could prove to be more challenging.

At any rate, did your character get wrapped into the spell's effect and become untouched by time for five years? Or did they stay behind and live out their 'normal' post-apocalyptic lives for the past five years? Share your vote and your thoughts below!

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Desphiria - 06-25-2013

I honestly don't know. Is the post-apocalyptic time ARR's setting or no?

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Adelpha - 06-25-2013

My character stayed behind.

Personally, I've viewed it as a good opportunity to evolve certain aspects of her personality, since a lot has happened in those five extra years. The ensuing RP where she'll finally meet back up with her old associates (who are essentially unchanged from when they entered the time rift) will be interesting, to be sure.

(06-25-2013, 01:30 PM)Desphiria Wrote: I honestly don't know. Is the post-apocalyptic time ARR's setting or no?
ARR takes place five years after the climactic battle, right around the same time that most of the warped characters will emerge from the rift.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Martiallais - 06-25-2013

As it stands right now, Zarek (also being a new character) will live those five years out 'normally'. I'm not entirely sure how much or what the effects were on Ul'dah, but he'll have been in that area, fighting in the coliseum and doing work for the Platinum Mirage up until the point he splits away from them (still working to figure out what that will be and the consequences) as well as just about anything else he could do to try and make some gil.

I'm purposely trying to leave it loose and open in case I need to account for some sort of other craziness post-giant dragon attack that hasn't been revealed as of yet. As a mini-plug (of sorts) if anyone else's characters are around and in taht area then, feel free to toss me a message. Smile

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - E'irawen - 06-25-2013

Technically, I only have one skipper and two non.

But seeing as the skipper is my "main" character, I voted that way. BUT LET THE RECORD SHOW. I have two non-skippers.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Deirdre - 06-25-2013

Deirdre took part in the battle but due to certain happenings was not time skipped and lived out the five cycles.

My alt did not take place in the battle and also did not time skip.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Desphiria - 06-25-2013

Soo, I guess then that Izaza stayed behind. I never really finished the first one but I DID see that video, even though you said that some new people could have that they were and were warped too but, yeah I think she stayed behind. Cause since I wasn't really there in-game, hehe I can't say how it went.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Faiz - 06-25-2013

I was always on the see-saw about this when it came to the new Ryuki. I wasn't sure if I wanted him at the battle and transported, or at the battle and endured the next five years. It's a pretty big thing, but I don't know exactly how I want to play it out. If he was transported, I'd likely do something (although I find it kind of cheating..) where he suffers from memory loss of the battle and is transported like the bunch. However, if he stayed behind then.. what would he have done? Another thing to take into consideration is his childhood friend, Caysen. If he was transported, what would have happened in the five years Ryuki was missing, 'til the day they reunited?

..Head hurts. Could anyone suggest something to go off of, please?

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Averis - 06-25-2013

I have a couple 1.0 characters, but I didn't level them very far (highest is 21). On top of that, I like the idea of starting over. I also like the idea of staying behind and dealing with the hardships of a nearly destroyed world. So that's what I'll be doing. My new character is coming along already on (digital) paper. Should be fun.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Alothia - 06-25-2013

Aly got transported. It'll be interesting trying to pick up the pieces after all of that time, and having her try to relate to her old friends after they've been without her for 5 years. Can't wait!

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - allgivenover - 06-25-2013

My old legacy character is going to become my second character, a midlander Hyur female who time-skipped.

My main is going to be a fresh start, it just makes sense because he was pretty much a kid during the Calamity.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Blue - 06-25-2013

While I'm a Legacy member for paying the subscription fee during 1.0, I unfortunately never was able to make a character since my computer couldn't run the game, and I couldn't afford a new one (yeah yeah I only entered the registration code and paid for a game I couldn't play <.< Please insert 'you're so silly' comments here). For that reason all the chars I'll make will not bear the legacy or marks or be able to claim to have participated to the events that took place five years past.

So I'm pretty much forced to go for the 'spent those five years normally', but I guess it doesn't really bother me in the end.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Asyria - 06-25-2013

Azy stayed behind, she was never a military type person so big battles aren't something she'd hop in.
Besides I didn't play much back then!
In fact, I might just end up RPing as if I was new. As in, she wasn't actively adventuring and stuff "5 years ago" (instead spending her time leading a doubl-life between her smithy and the Ul'dah rooftops and dark alleys).

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Folken - 06-25-2013

In summation...

Show Content

Yes. Ship did the time warp.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Eva - 06-25-2013

Time-skipped.

Trying to even fathom how much Eva would have changed over five years naturally was way, way too daunting a challenge for me.

Really looking forward to the struggle and trying to scrape things back together after the 5 year nap. Angel