Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp--CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp--CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=2407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Dycize - 06-25-2013

As a "newcomer" to FF14 (I did play 1.0 for a short while... can't remember why I stopped), I intend to make a character who grew up during the tough times that were the 5 years after the calamity.
Plus, having read up on the events that happened during 1.0... Well, it's going to be an interesting brainstorming. Like, how would it be for a really young character to be granted the Echo? What kind of values would have a character who witnessed the whole continent almost getting entirely blown up by a primordial dragon coming out of what used to be a moon?
And so on and so on. It's not very common for "post-apo" settings to allow people to actually live the apocalypse (well, it's not exactly there... but close). I can see the appeal of doing that even for legacy characters. And it shows on the poll so far!

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Nova - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 01:14 PM)Kylin Wrote: New players are probably mostly 'stay behinds.' That said, it's not completely set in stone and even newbies can RP having been at the battle and warped if they really wanted to, though it could prove to be more challenging.

My main character did the time warp. If I make any other characters they will have stayed behind. 

I do have a question if you don't mind my asking. I have seen a few people say that playing a 2.0 character as having done the time jump could be challenging, but I don't understand how it could be more challenging then writing a any back story for a 2.0 character (depending on how in depth you want to get). I'm only asking cause I don't want to write a whole back story and find I over looked something really important.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Averis - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 02:05 PM)Nova Wrote: I do have a question if you don't mind my asking. I have seen a few people say that playing a 2.0 character as having done the time jump could be challenging, but I don't understand how it could be more challenging then writing a any back story for a 2.0 character (depending on how in depth you want to get). I'm only asking cause I don't want to write a whole back story and find I over looked something really important.

This would probably be a good topic for a new thread.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Hyunseo - 06-25-2013

My character stayed behind. ARR and FFXIV is a completely new concept to me. I still need to learn the lore and learn how to properly RP in it, so I think it might be best to RP Dhesi'a as someone who was left behind.

In being left behind, however, and maybe even a little oblivious to the happening in the past, would be a good thing for new players. The game is a continuation of the story is set up to where new characters can now follow in the footsteps of the forgotten heroes of yesteryore. So, really, even though it might not sound as fun not holding the same glory as those who were transported, new players are put up to the test of fitting their boots a little.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Nova - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 02:15 PM)Averis Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 02:05 PM)Nova Wrote: I do have a question if you don't mind my asking. I have seen a few people say that playing a 2.0 character as having done the time jump could be challenging, but I don't understand how it could be more challenging then writing a any back story for a 2.0 character (depending on how in depth you want to get). I'm only asking cause I don't want to write a whole back story and find I over looked something really important.

This would probably be a good topic for a new thread.

Your right, I always feel shy about starting new threads. Think I will do that though.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Kari Illderthane - 06-25-2013

Kari is a 2.0 time skipper! she used to be a thief betrayed them after seeing suffering she caused which at one point she too was in the same position started to try and make it people thought the best way would be to fight the war.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Trickery - 06-25-2013

My main is going to time skip. He seems like the type of person that would've been in the thick of things, so the time warp would've been the only thing that could've saved his ass from a Bahamut BBQ.

I have a Miqo'te alt that's going to have been left behind. Part of her back story is that she was at the battle, but she was too young at the time to be part of the main forces, so she mostly stayed back quite a ways from the front lines and helped with supplies.

Twist is that her entire clan WAS part of the battle and got hit with the time skip that she was out of range from. This left her with a convoluted version of the "Foggy Memory Syndrome" that causes her to think that she's always been alone and has wrecked havoc on her memories in general, since so much of them up to that point had involved her clan, and twisted a lot of her personality. So, something like a weird version of amnesia, except instead of just forgetting her memories, it's like her past was just brutally and thoroughly maimed, leaving her with all sorts of fun psychological effects.

Should be a good time!

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Black - 06-25-2013

My main will definitely be a time-skipper. In fact, this fits very well with what I had in mind when I started on v1.0 with him, in that he already had some bits of "missing time" or "amnesia" when he got into port.

Not sure about my alts...If I get to them. I am sorta siding on "Time-skip" (I actually had one alt in v1.0) but I wouldn't mind having another alt with a different background that actually lived through those five years of re-construction. It would make for a different character and personal story.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Valan - 06-25-2013

Beam me up, Mr.Louisoix

I said everything.Cool

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Lizzo - 06-25-2013

None of my characters will have gone through the time skip. The majority of them were out at sea at the time, while one was too green to have fought. Another will have been at the battle, but fled after seeing his unit wiped out, escaping the field minutes before the warp took place.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Aysun - 06-25-2013

Time-skipper, cuz there's never been any doubt in Aysun's mind that she'd go and keel some Garlean scum when the time came.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Merri - 06-25-2013

Endemerrin was present at the Battle of Carteneau, and was time-skipped~

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Doyle - 06-25-2013

Most likely timewarped and unashamedly working the foggy memory angle, if only to explain why she's so out of touch with everything while I slowly understand more of the lore/people etc.

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Anzio - 06-25-2013

While already in servitude A'nzil nor his master were at the battle and therefore he did not time skip with everyone else. Not that it matters given how young he was at the time (10-12 depending on things I haven't hammered out yet).

RE: RPC Census, Part X (Time Warp) - Razamir Lahoka - 06-25-2013

My main Razamir, will have taken the time skip.  Although my alt Kojin did not take the time skip.