Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dear RPC - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Dear RPC (/showthread.php?tid=2441)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dear RPC - Kerr - 06-26-2013

It seems that lately, everywhere I turn on these forums, all I see is negatively and in-fighting. While I think it’s perfectly fair to disagree with someone, I think perhaps we have taken a few things too far. Whether it’s because of our strong personalities and opinions, or other reasons, I can’t be sure. I think that in all this tension, we’re forgetting what really brought us together here and made us a great community — each other. 

So, RPC, I just want say: Thank You. 

Thank you to all the people who have welcomed me and made me feel at home here. To the people who helped me with lore and backstory. To all the incredible artists we have that go out of their way to draw for those who can’t. To our beautiful mentors and everyone else who are reaching out to our new players with open arms. To our new players, who are helping us form new friendships and stories. To our mods and administrators, and our wiki pros. To all the people I’ve yet to meet. Each and every one of you help make this place beautiful. 

Even if we don’t agree, or never meet, I am glad you are here. I will support you. 

tl;dr: Hug some trees, bitches. What are you thankful for about the RPC? Let’s have a positive discussion. 

RE: Dear RPC - Eva - 06-26-2013

I'm thankful for the RPC because it's brought me to a lot of wonderful RPers; enabled me to be a part of several amazing communities (and one really big community).  I'm kind of persnickety about things and I've been here since early in 2010.  I wouldn't stick around if there weren't good people here doing good things.

HeartHeartHeart RPC HeartHeartHeart

And super special thanks to Kylin for all that he does for us, and all he puts up with.  And thank you also to the moderators!!

RE: Dear RPC - Magellan - 06-26-2013

I am thankful Kerr made this post.

I am thankful we are blessed with roofs over our heads, that we live incountries withsolid enough infrastructures that we can put computers in our homes, that we have enough money in our pockets to afford playing sub games like FFXIV when 70% of the world's population live in poverty, may not know when there next meal is, may be homeless, may not even own a single shirt.

In light of this, our petty squabbles on this site seem trivialized; I am thankful for the opportunities I will have to RP with all of you, and that I am fortunate enough to be able to read this thread (illiteracy is a real problem yo)

RE: Dear RPC - Desphiria - 06-26-2013

Kerr are you leaving? Don't go. *Hugs* I don't want you to leave. I don't know you or nothing but still. And thanks for posting this. I'm not really sure what else to add to it. XS

RE: Dear RPC - Nel Celestine - 06-26-2013

Thanks to the RPC for so many things.  For inspiration.  For assistance.   For support.  For fans.  But most especially for being a welcoming community.  Let's keep that in mind and move forward each day just a little more towards awesomenessness Cool

RE: Dear RPC - Hyunseo - 06-26-2013

I'm thankful for the lovely welcome. I've only been here for just a moment, but people treat me like I've been here for a few years. I'm so grateful, and I hope for this to live on for a while! Thank you!

RE: Dear RPC - Magellan - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 03:08 PM)Nel Celestine Wrote: Thanks to the RPC for so many things.  For inspiration.  For assistance.   For support.  For fans.  But most especially for being a welcoming community.  Let's keep that in mind and move forward each day just a little more towards awesomenessness Cool

I vote we add one more 'ness' to this just to really show em what for! ^_~

RE: Dear RPC - Merri - 06-26-2013

I really, really like this community and what it stands for. I wouldn't have stuck around for the past three years otherwise. There's good people here, and while we might butt heads from time to time we've managed to get through tough spots before, and we even survived through months where there would be one or two posts a week tops.

We've been through so much, and while there's always bound to be things happening, I feel like as a whole we'll stick together as we always have.

Here's to another three successful years and beyond~

RE: Dear RPC - Curtis West - 06-26-2013

Quote:I am thankful we are blessed with roofs over our heads, that we live incountries withsolid enough infrastructures that we can put computers in our homes, that we have enough money in our pockets to afford playing sub games like FFXIV when 70% of the world's population live in poverty, may not know when there next meal is, may be homeless, may not even own a single shirt.
This ^^^

RE: Dear RPC - Rhio - 06-26-2013

I've been a critic on occasion, but I'm going to say this right here: FFXIV's roleplaying community is more welcoming and open than any other community I've been a part of. And I'm endlessly proud of the fact that it's possibly for us to disagree, sometimes vehemently, but still come back together as friends and people who love to roleplay.

If we argue with passion, we do so out of love, and it's good to step back and remember that.

RE: Dear RPC - Abaigeal - 06-26-2013

Dear RPC,

Though I mostly stay in the corners and observe these days, I am still about and poke around. I think its amazing that there are so many people are so passionate about RP in one place that its kinda like a family. 

In fact it is like a family. From the people you turn to most who would be your immediate family. To those that kinda show up from time time to time being your cousins, first second third and so on....(depending on how much the frequent! ;P )  To the ones you fight with which could be like the bratty siblings or the evil step mom/dad? The crazies that are like the uncles and aunts we don't talk about...but man do we sure love them!! Everyone has there role, new or old...active to scarely about. 

So thank you all, for those that I know and that I don't know (but soon will!) for being my family. Thank you for being my escape from reality when it starts to come crashing down and steam roll all me. Because At the end of the day...I know I can come here and get the laughs and support I need to raise my spirits from posting what my character would look like as pony...to silly little AD-LIB games. To what would you call your chocobo. OH and Of course the heap tons of RP in the forums and skype chats. And even if it isn't me who happens to be having an extra particularly crappy day; thank you for letting my goofiness and my crazy characters make you smile and laugh ...cry...i guess depending on the situation/rp.

Thank you for the all the art work that given, the links that are shared, so much more. Most importantly though, thank you all for pouring all of your hearts, souls, characters, feelings, and creativity into this place. because if you didn't...then we would have things to talk about...or squabble over. 

~X♥X♥
Abai~

TL;DR: You all act too much like family...one that is pretty awesome. AND ABAI HAS TOO MANY FEELS!!!

[Image: tumblr_mcm5joNJfr1rf4od6o1_500.gif]

RE: Dear RPC - Seohyun - 06-26-2013

I'm thankful that despite being gone for a few months I can come back and it's like nothing has really changed. Also, most of us have had our fair share in drama, but the community learns to just move past it. We're adults and we either handle our dirty business to clear it up, or get passed it. I like the fact that our community is mature enough to do this (Many aren't).

RE: Dear RPC - Nova - 06-26-2013

I'm still pretty new here, but I'm thankful to everyone that has been welcoming of all the new comers and all the help people here have provided. I think this is one of the friendliest communities I've ever had the honor of being apart of. HeartHeart

RE: Dear RPC - Corin Winterborne - 06-27-2013

I think it's like a big old Italian family, we argue and fight with each other because we love each other.

RE: Dear RPC - Nox - 06-27-2013

(06-26-2013, 03:46 PM)Curtis West Wrote:
Quote:I am thankful we are blessed with roofs over our heads, that we live incountries withsolid enough infrastructures that we can put computers in our homes, that we have enough money in our pockets to afford playing sub games like FFXIV when 70% of the world's population live in poverty, may not know when there next meal is, may be homeless, may not even own a single shirt.
This ^^^
Agreed.