Hydaelyn Role-Players
Favorite Comic hero? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Favorite Comic hero? (/showthread.php?tid=2528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - Uther - 07-29-2013

(07-29-2013, 07:14 AM)Dogberry Wrote: There is never too much Iron Maiden! Iron Maiden is fantastic!

xD I didn't mean to hate on Iron Maiden. I love Iron Maiden. I'm more referring to the fourteen year old mallrats who sit around talking about Number of the Beast all day.

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - Raccoon - 07-29-2013

Hm, favorites. I don't really do favorites. I spread my love equally over multiple characters. I like the bigger ones for most reasons people state: Iron Man, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and so on.

But I also like the lesser known sorts. Rocket Raccoon. A procyonid carrying unfeasibly large weapons into battle? What's not to love. Then there's Darkhawk who never had that great of a run, but I still loved him regardless. The more recent events in Annihilation rekindled it, though I'm tempted to go kill the writer of Avengers Arena if he intends to kill off Chris.

I'm way more fond of manga and anime, of course. No characters are really jumping up for attention at the moment though.

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - Renaise - 07-29-2013

You know who I'm really starting to love?

[Image: 3187359-5749705008-tumbl.png]

Big Grin

On the subject of Batman/Superman

This was a fun video Big Grin

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - DreamedReality - 08-04-2013

[Image: 250px-Ursula_Vernon_Digger_1.jpg]

Hit me in all the right spots, this one did.

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - Orlog - 08-05-2013

(08-04-2013, 06:57 PM)Eve Wrote: [Image: 250px-Ursula_Vernon_Digger_1.jpg]

Hit me in all the right spots, this one did.

Whoa, this looks really cool! Color me intersted enough to check it out.

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - DreamedReality - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 03:26 AM)Bea Wrote: Whoa, this looks really cool! Color me intersted enough to check it out.

It started as a webcomic before being picked up by it's publisher. And thankfully the publisher allowed Ursula to it's entire archives up on the web. You can read it in it's entirety here: http://diggercomic.com/

((It went through a stretch where you could preview the beginning couple chapters, and then only see the current and previous 5 updates sort of thing.))

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - LandStander - 08-05-2013

(07-01-2013, 02:28 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Deadpool.

I don't even thing I need to explain that one. Forever sad that that Wolverine movie kinda ruined him...

My favorite comic book series is the Xmen, generally the Ultimates storyline or the "main" Story. I know it's really popular, but I actually didn't much care for the Dark Phoenix storyline, as Jean Grey is one of my least favorite characters.

My favorite xmen is Nightcrawler <3.

EDIT: I haven't played the new Deadpool game because I'm really scared it's gonna suck, so if anyone has played it let me know!

I heard the Deadpool game itself is kind of stale as far as gameplay goes, but from the reviews I read they seemed to have got Deadpools personality down really well. Angry Joe (youtube) did a nice review of the game. I almost thought about getting it because I kind of like his insanity, but honestly don't know much about him besides the basics.

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - Dameon - 08-05-2013

Favorite Hero and Heroine in the same picture.

At least as far as DC goes. Big Grin

Show Content

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - Alothia - 08-06-2013

I'm a big fan of the warrior nun.

Show Content

RE: Favorite Comic hero? - Demon Fox - 08-06-2013

Deadpool, though he's an Antihero and not an actual hero, i don't think i really need to explain why i love Deadpool. he is one of those characters that you either love or you hate so explaining why i love Deadpool would not benefit anyone.

My favorite comic book line so far is Deadpool kills, the killology has been amazing starting with the 4 part "Deadpool kills the marvel universe" then moving on to "Deadpool: Killustrated" and now onto "Deadpool Kills Deadpool"