Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey hey hey! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey hey hey! (/showthread.php?tid=2538)

Hey hey hey! - M'risha - 07-01-2013

Heya! I'm the unpronounceable M'risha, and I'm here to roleplay with each and every one of you!
Cactuar

--MMORPG background
I started my amazing yet life-wracking career with Ragnarok Online, before I even know roleplaying existed. From that, I went to WoW, and that's where my MMO-craze really began. I went from WoW to Guild Wars, from Guild Wars back to Ragnarok, from Ragnarok to almost every F2P and P2W MMO available. I played The Secret World for about 10 minutes, and have now set my sights on Final Fantasy XIV!

..That being said.. I have absolutely no Final Fantasy knowledge, though I do know what a Cactuar and a Tonberry is, woop!

(Awkward confession: .. I thought a Cactuar came from Digimon..)

--RP experience
My first ever roleplay thing ever was on a Custom Game in Warcraft 3 in a series of maps called 'DoBRP'. I have never figured out what it stood for, but it was lots of fun, and I spent hours on hours in those maps. 
My roleplaying then extended itself to WoW, where I settled on the Argent Dawn EU server, rping a Gnome warrior because.. why not? Back then, RP was kinda an innocent thing for me, just kinda living out your character, right?

..Then I wandered into Goldshire.. and ran for my virtual life.

Sufficed to say, now I know why MMO's don't have their online interactions rated by the ESRB. Blush

Moving on, I roleplayed for a while on roleplayerguild.com, where some great forum-based roleplay can often be found. I also did some roleplay in TERA, GW2 and even Age of Wushu, back when 90% of the population wasn't a goldseller.

--Character ideas/info
I will most likely be playing a Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun. I know! So standard! I love cats, I love girls, so why wouldn't I play a catgirl, right? I'm still in doubt, however. Those Lalafell are also so cute, and a tiny lalafell tanking a huge dragon thingamajig? Too awesome!

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that. I almost always play tanks. Standing there at the front lines and somewhat being the unofficial group leader rocks, and I want to be the first one to charge in.
I will most likely main a pugilist/monk this time around. Something about being able to punch down huge baddies with just your hands/feet and inner strength screams cool to me.

As for IC personality, my characters are often energetic, impulsive and playful, with boundless optimism, perseverance and self-confidence. M'risha will most likely be like that as well.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I actually didn't know it existed until Beta 3. I saw some people roleplaying in this port area Marauders start out in, and then went to google to see if people were starting roleplaying guilds. I was pleasantly surprised, there's a whole community out there! I signed myself up with the speed of light and here I am!~

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I would classify myself as medium, but probably weighing towards heavy. Often I drop grinding and questing to roleplay and hang out with people, but I also tend to have my serious moods. I am a real casual player these days though, and leading progressive raiding guilds and even doing progressive raiding is a thing in the past for me. Oh.. right, this was about RP Tongue

If you find my character in-game and talk to her in /s, you will always get an IC response.. so.. medium!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I study Japanese language/history/anthropology/art/geography, everything Japanese at a nearby university. It's a full-on weeabo course, which is just right for me. Ask me anything about animé/manga, and I will probably be able to answer it. No, I do not have a hug-pillow or an entire house-full of figurines, though the otaku is strong in me.
I am also semi-fluent in the language, so I was actually considering going for a Japanese server.. but.. It doesn't look like them asians will be RPing anytime soon.. Balmung here I come.

Err.. what else.. I go to the gym 4 times per week and watch everything I eat and have been doing that for about 8 months now. Guess what, hard work -does- pay off!; I lost 45 pounds! Moogle

The only contact I've ever had with Final Fantasy is Kingdom Hearts and the admittedly craptacular movie Spirits Within. I am also playing the other Final Fantasy games now though! I just finished XIII and XIII-2 (Chinese version, it has Jap voices and English subtitles. Sense.jpg), and am about halfway through 7.

Got this far? Great. Pleasure to meet you all, I hope to RP lots and lots Moogle

RE: Hey hey hey! - Magellan - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:51 AM)Mrisha Wrote: Heya! I'm the unpronounceable M'risha, and I'm here to roleplay with each and every one of you!

*Is grabbed and forced into RP* "Nooo! Put me down! You can't make me do anything, I- oh wait, you said RP? I love RP! Welcome!"

RE: Hey hey hey! - Xenedra - 07-01-2013

I like your attitude! I also wish to RP with EVERYONE Big Grin! If you have lore questions feel free to ask, we love answering questions, OR you could check out this handy dandy lore post from 1.0. We also have some guides for where to find stuff and how to make wikis n' stuff. Welcome to the RPC!

RE: Hey hey hey! - faceman7381 - 07-01-2013

Greetings and glad to have you!

It may seem like a big jump, but the hardest part is over.  You have made yourself known.

Now, go ahead, meet us! 

We would love to see your character ideas!

RE: Hey hey hey! - Martiallais - 07-01-2013

Welcome to the madness!

Just one question though...what's a Nyanologist? LOL Big Grin

RE: Hey hey hey! - Nel Celestine - 07-01-2013

welcome to the RP~!

RE: Hey hey hey! - Kyatai - 07-02-2013

Absolutely awesome intro, and very, very cool studies.
I lived in Okinawa for 3 years as a child- such a neat environment and wonderful people. Smile I still have this lingering love for all things Asian (and take my shoes off at the door... always), can sing Mary Had a Little Lamb in Japanese and nearly fell over when I heard the Dragonfly song I learned in Elementary school on the soundtrack to Old Dogs... Funny how things sink into your brain while its still growing.

*offers some chocolate to help you forget the trauma of Goldshire*

Anyway... welcome and I look forward to getting to know you here on the RPC Big Grin

RE: Hey hey hey! - M'risha - 07-03-2013

(07-01-2013, 10:06 PM)Zarek Wrote: Welcome to the madness!

Just one question though...what's a Nyanologist? LOL Big Grin

Isn't it obvious? Someone who studies the nyan!

(07-02-2013, 04:35 AM)Kyatai Wrote: I lived in Okinawa for 3 years as a child

*offers some chocolate to help you forget the trauma of Goldshire*

Lived in Okinawa -and- gives chocolate? You are all kinds of awesome Surprise

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Bomb

RE: Hey hey hey! - Abaigeal - 07-03-2013

Ohhh~ A fellow nerd~! 

はじめ!

LOL I am a cosplayer soooo I feel your OTAKU~!! Tongue

Anyhow! Welcome! Hope to RP with you too!!