Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Secondary RP Server (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Elisea Renyven - 07-02-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:57 PM)Niklaus Illuminous Wrote: Why does everyone want gilgamesh so bad?! I thought alot of the beta rpers on that server are going over to balmung? A lot of the RP'ers on the beta forums want behemoth, as do I!

Folks are familiar with it from the events and where people went to mess around. Thing is Niklaus, no one will ever agree on one secondary server. Sadly, you will see probably 3 RP communities sprout up by the time its said and done, unless SE does a sudden turn about and even then, you will still have a mess. Everyone's frustrated, tired of the subject, I know from my viewpoint I went to Gilgamesh to check it out. If Balmung gets locked or full, then it's where a bunch of us will go. In the end, 2 months left and we may see more information that affects everyone. Till then, I guess its Gilga, Behemoth, Balmung and whatever EU folks decide.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-02-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:45 PM)Crow Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 11:30 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 11:05 PM)Crow Wrote: Caw.

So it seems that Behemoth is growing quite popular on the Beta forums.. it would suck if the Behemoth vote began to outweigh the Gilgamesh vote. Would probably cause quite the stirrup. 

Anyways, I'm a realist here so it's pretty clear Gilgamesh is going to win, and that's fine, better we all end up at the same place.

My question to everyone who voted for it though; why would you pick a server where people from Reddit are going to be migrating to? If any of you have ever RP'd before I'm sure you've had your run-ins with trolls who make fun of the RP community in general, and Reddit is known for their troll-like behavior on several occasions.
My question is on the beta boards there has been pushback from the non rpers on Behemoth right on their own rp threads. Why go to a server where the many of the community has expressed right in your own forum threads that they don't want you there? We have gotten no such pushback on Gilgamesh and I know I drew a watching audience a few times this past weekend rping there.

I was not aware of any kind of push back from the Behemoth server over RPer's. Could you provide some sort of link/thread?
Someone posted it up in the Gilgamesh unofficial rp server thread.

(07-01-2013, 11:57 PM)Niklaus Illuminous Wrote: Why does everyone want gilgamesh so bad?! I thought alot o,f the beta rpers on that server are going over to balmung? A lot of the RP'ers on the beta forums want behemoth, as do I!
1. Because we are already there now rping.
2. Because despite Reddit going there there has been no pushback from the rp community unlike the pushback from the non rp Behemoth community on the beta forums.
3. Because I have met a very nice non rper community in the server. Everyone on Gilgamesh seems so far to be very kind. I ran a few guildhests with them and many kept doing them over with me to help me get to level 17. I truly enjoyed the enthusiastic and helpful non rp community there this phase and plan on getting many of them into trying rping for the first time.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - ArmachiA - 07-02-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:11 PM)Rhio Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 10:26 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: (As an aside, I know people hate this legacy vs non-legacy debates but I think they need to happen so people can just get what they need to say out. Eventually if you let people speak and not try to shush them, they will shush themselves because they will have gotten it all out)

I think the reason a lot of people are tired of it just comes down to the simple fact that the points have been made already, and no one likes the idea of the roleplaying community being further subdivided. One of the biggest things I love about FFXIV is the strength of this community, the same one that has produced a lot of awesome relationships, interplay, and character development over the course of the game's life.

The people who don't want to go to a Legacy server don't want to be burdened with an existing community. The people who are already on the Legacy server and really have no alternatives but to remain there don't want to lose out on new RP companions. It's a situation wherein there's no real way to win once one side becomes convinced that the community is entrenched and the other side becomes convinced that there's no reason to not want a Legacy server.

Me, I'm not happy about splitting the roleplaying community, but it's not my decision, and we've got the decided minority now. So if you really didn't want a Legacy server, I hope you have fun when the game goes live, and I'm sorry we won't get a chance to play together.

Yeah but at the end of the day, regardless of how tiresome it all is, you gotta let people have their out. Silencing them just makes them feel cast aside and slighted. Obviously, none of this will matter come launch, but people want that out. Just give em it and step in if people start calling each other names and stuff. It's not a bad thing to have heated discussion, but trying to silence people will only make things worse.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-02-2013

Alright fifty votes and counting. Gooooooo GILGAMESHHH!!!!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Varus - 07-02-2013

These are the results from the beta poll!

Behemoth
Beta Forum: 23 
RPC: 5
Total: 28

Coeurl
RPC: 2

Gilgamesh
Beta Forum:8 
RPC: 37
Total: 45

Goblin
RPC: 1

Leviathan
Beta Forum: 1
RPC: 4
Total: 5

Midgardsormr

Moogle (EU)
Beta Forum 3 
Total: 8

I have no preference so long as it is a non-Legacy server. (Wildcard)
RPC: 13
Total: 14

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Uther - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 04:22 AM)Tyonis Wrote: These are the results from the beta poll!

Behemoth
Beta Forum: 23 
Total: 28

Coeurl
RPC: 2

Gilgamesh
Beta Forum:8 
RPC: 37
Total: 45

Goblin

Leviathan
RPC: 4
Total: 5

Midgardsormr

Moogle (EU)
Beta Forum 3 
Total: 8

I have no preference so long as it is a non-Legacy server. (Wildcard)
RPC: 13
Total: 14

It's weird that the beta forums threw themselves behind Behemoth whereas the RPC widely decided on Gilgamesh. I'm guessing the Blue Skies events sort of shook the foundation a bit for the RPC. I'm playing on Balmung anyway so I didn't vote. Interesting though.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Torvhan - 07-02-2013

It is kinda strange about the beta forum vs rpc but depending on where people find the information is probably where they will end up. Remember that the vocals on the forums are very small portion of the population. Heck I spent 4 months lurking the RPC forums before I said anything. Also a few months after release legacy vs non-legacy will be a moot point. 

And there should be a fair number of new people going to Balmung (like myself, loved the event so I heading to server where it will all end up XD)

I still think you guys have done a wonderful job though, only other game I've seen with such a coordinated group, is probably city of heroes. And heck all the google searches I did for FFXIV lead me right to the RPC, well ran into the other group once but haven't seen that site since the servers went down.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 12:01 AM)Ryaadi Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 11:57 PM)Niklaus Illuminous Wrote: Why does everyone want gilgamesh so bad?! I thought alot of the beta rpers on that server are going over to balmung? A lot of the RP'ers on the beta forums want behemoth, as do I!

Folks are familiar with it from the events and where people went to mess around. Thing is Niklaus, no one will ever agree on one secondary server. Sadly, you will see probably 3 RP communities sprout up by the time its said and done, unless SE does a sudden turn about and even then, you will still have a mess. Everyone's frustrated, tired of the subject, I know from my viewpoint I went to Gilgamesh to check it out. If Balmung gets locked or full, then it's where a bunch of us will go. In the end, 2 months left and we may see more information that affects everyone. Till then, I guess its Gilga, Behemoth, Balmung and whatever EU folks decide.

EU really don't need pick a server of their own since all the non-Japan servers are (stupidly enough) physically in Montreal anyway.
It would only split the community further and people would have the same lag.
I'm not sure why they even have EU-recommended servers when there's only one data center outside of Japan (better than none, but still).

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Blade - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 10:29 AM)Asyria Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 12:01 AM)Ryaadi Wrote:

EU really don't need pick a server of their own since all the non-Japan servers are (stupidly enough) physically in Montreal anyway.
It would only split the community further and people would have the same lag.
I'm not sure why they even have EU-recommended servers when there's only one data center outside of Japan (better than none, but still).

It's more of a community/timezone thing than it is a lag thing.

Kind of like "This one is here for EU, so you can all log on at the same time and play with other people on your side of the world."

I dunno about that, I've seen the lag issue come up all the time.. Lag is in fact the reason why we even have a 2nd data center now.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Rhio - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 06:55 AM)fallendrgmaster Wrote: And there should be a fair number of new people going to Balmung (like myself, loved the event so I heading to server where it will all end up XD)

It certainly seems the majority are heading there. Which is great - I've loved roleplaying with the people I've met at the Blue Skies events and look forward to seeing everyone on Balmung.

(07-02-2013, 10:39 AM)Asyria Wrote: I dunno about that, I've seen the lag issue come up all the time.. Lag is in fact the reason why we even have a 2nd data center now.

No, no, I wasn't saying that. I was saying the reason why they specified the servers as EU (despite being in Montreal) is to get EU players to congregate on those servers to keep players in similar time zones together.

I'm not saying that lag isn't an issue. But it's the reason why they are designated certain servers as EU and others not.

Oooooohhhhh okay, my bad. ^^;
I thought you meant EU players would want a separate server for community reasons and that's contrary to what I've seen.
But you were replying to my I'm-not-sure-why!
Got it now. ^^

Heh, I remember the days of mmo's being sold in Us and EU versions and being forcefully split between the two and people on both sides raging about it. Tongue

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Kylin - 07-02-2013

Poll is now closed. Congratulations to Gilgamesh! *tosses confetti*

We want to reiterate that there are some RPers who are still intent on going to other servers. This if fine, and those RPers are still welcome to post on these forums (and advertise linkshells in the Linkshell Hall as always). Balmung and Gilgamesh are merely the places those in the RPC will find RP in the most abundance.

Congrats again Gilgamung!

(07-02-2013, 01:01 PM)Kylin Wrote: Poll is now closed. Congratulations to Gilgamesh! *tosses confetti*

We want to reiterate that there are some RPers who are still intent on going to other servers. This if fine, and those RPers are still welcome to post on these forums (and advertise linkshells in the Linkshell Hall as always). Balmung and Gilgamesh are merely the places those in the RPC will find RP in the most abundance.

Congrats again Gilgamung!

Wooo! Congrats Girugarumeshu!