Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Secondary RP Server (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Kossori - 07-02-2013

Congratulations to Gigglemesh!

See you folks over there soon.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 01:01 PM)Kylin Wrote: Poll is now closed. Congratulations to Gilgamesh! *tosses confetti*

We want to reiterate that there are some RPers who are still intent on going to other servers. This if fine, and those RPers are still welcome to post on these forums (and advertise linkshells in the Linkshell Hall as always). Balmung and Gilgamesh are merely the places those in the RPC will find RP in the most abundance.

Congrats again Gilgamung!

*Dances* and dumps Gatorade on everyone

Alright I'll put up the event thread soon once the subforum is done

I'd like to also get to know those who will be rping on Gilgamesh and lets start getting those Free Companies together everyone!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-02-2013

Gilgamesh took control of the RPC!

[Image: 435605_sm-.png]

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Trickery - 07-02-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:08 PM)Kylin Wrote: Many of the Behemoth crew have outright stated that they want nothing to do with the RPC many times now.

I think you're exaggerating that a bit. I know one member of my Free Company who seemed to have bad blood with the RPC and was vocal against it, but we've already talked to him about it. I know the one voice in dissension is always given more weight than many voices in assent, but I really don't think there are enough dissenters to constitute "many" by any means. Then again, I haven't been to the Beta forums for a bit due to real life escapades, so there could've been a random breakout of RPC hate originating from Behemoth for all I know, in which case, just disregard this as being misinformed.

The "Anti-RP trolls" are grossly exaggerated this way, too. There was one main troll (that ended up getting suspended for those forum posts, actually) and a few that jumped on the train just for the hell of it. Considering it was the Beta forums where the vast majority of people don't RP or understand it, painting a giant red target on your back by posting about RP and ONLY attracting a few trolls seems pretty good to me. Gilgamesh wasn't getting a lot of flak 'cause the majority of conversation about it was constrained to an RP forum where RPers specifically gather.

In the big scheme of things, though, it doesn't really matter. Gilgamesh was pretty much destined to be the non-Legacy RP server for RPC and I'd accepted that. I just think the closed registration sent the wrong message and slammed the door on potential new members. I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to "give a forum section" to people who aren't signed up on RPC, but that didn't seem to take account those that WOULD sign up for RPC if the server they were involved with was represented on this site. I admit those are hypothetical scenarios, though, as there very well could've been zero new registrations from the beta forums due to their preferred server being chosen. 

Main point is, if those outside of the RPC had been allowed to have a voice in the matter, they'd have probably accepted the whole thing even if the results hadn't gone their way, but since you took away their voice instead, it seems like it just put them up in arms unnecessarily and left a sour taste in their mouth, even if it's plain to see their choice wouldn't have won anyway.

Anyway, like I said, I didn't have a horse in this race. I'm just being the devil's advocate here.

Personally, I'm still trying to convince my Free Company to go to Balmung. X.x

Anyways, congrats Gilgamesh! 

We still cool, right? Right? O.O;

(07-01-2013, 10:33 PM)Kylin Wrote: In the event that they change server names, we may have to hold another vote (though I really hope to not go through this again). I think we'll just have to cross that road when we get there.

What I've seen in other RP communities that weren't sure if server names were changing is that they'd announce the unofficial Beta server, then just say something like:

"In the event of a server rename, the unofficial RP server will be the first NA server that starts with the letter B moving up." Or something to that effect.

So, if you make a rule like that, that put Balthier at the top of the queue in case of server renames! >.>

Then again, if the don't make a Balthier server you might get stuck on something like "Bartz" server.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Naunet - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 09:04 PM)Trickery Wrote: I just think the closed registration sent the wrong message and slammed the door on potential new members. I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to "give a forum section" to people who aren't signed up on RPC, but you didn't seem to take account those that WOULD sign up for RPC if the server they were involved with was represented on this site.
Or folk who didn't yet know about the RPC and/or hadn't yet registered but fully intend to be a part of the RPC community... such as my fiance. @.@

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Varus - 07-02-2013

Decided to close the poll on the Beta forum as well. Behemoth and Gilgamesh have similar population numbers (quite a few people on Behemoth did not vote on the poll on this website), so I believe it's best to include them when recommending a server to any new players who don't want to roll on a Legacy server.

Roleplay Server Listing
RPC's Legacy Server: Balmung
RPC's Non-Legacy Server: Gilgamesh
Beta Forum Community Non-Legacy Server: Behemoth

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Aysun - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 10:10 PM)Tyonis Wrote: Decided to close the poll on the Beta forum as well. Behemoth and Gilgamesh have similar population numbers (quite a few people on Behemoth did not vote on the poll on this website), so I believe it's best to include them when recommending a server to any new players who don't want to roll on a Legacy server.

I will be recommending Balmung as the unofficial RP server and Gilgamesh as an alternate server for those who do not want to play on a legacy server.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Kossori - 07-03-2013

Now that the voting is over, would it be in our best interest to start luring people onto these forums?

This is assuming that registration's opened back up to the public.

I'd love to get some interested RP'ers over onto these boards from other sites/communities.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Blade - 07-03-2013

(07-02-2013, 10:10 PM)Tyonis Wrote: Decided to close the poll on the Beta forum as well. Behemoth and Gilgamesh have similar population numbers (quite a few people on Behemoth did not vote on the poll on this website), so I believe it's best to include them when recommending a server to any new players who don't want to roll on a Legacy server.

Members on Behemoth more or less explicitly stated that they chose Behemoth in order to specifically be separate from the RPC because we are 'elitist' and 'trying to dictate' where the RP community goes, claiming that we've been trying to get them to leave Behemoth (when no such thing happened). So I figure we should just give them what they want and remain separate.

Secondly, when you factor in the numbers and how the wildcard votes both here and on the beta forums would've factored in, you would've gotten...

Gilgamesh: 48 (beta and RPC combined votes) + 13 RPC wildcard votes = 61
Behemoth: 32 (beta and RPC combined votes) + 1 beta forum wildcard vote = 33

Which gives Gilgamesh nearly double the support and per the site rules and what we said we would do with the site, wouldn't lead to the creation of a subforum.

This isn't to say that Behemoth roleplayers have no place on the RPC--they absolutely can and could make a linkshell here and advertise for Behemoth (or Fate's Edge, the linkshell they have there), if they decide they would like to be a part of the RPC. This just seems unlikely to me given the feelings they've expressed about us.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Kyatai - 07-03-2013

Grats Gilgamesh!
*still hoping all this is moot and there will be a dedicated non-Legacy RP server*

My LS's concern is that Balamung will fill up before we all get in... so worst case scenario, I want to go where there will still be a very strong RP showing... aka SE dedicated RP server (with anti-griefing and naming rules, please... I've had enough of 'creative' names in my derping about in NW to last me a lifetime).
LOL

RE: Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Aldeus - 07-03-2013

I think it's worth pointing out that only 72 people voted, and the RPC has over 1,000 members.  Even if only a third of that number checks the forums from time to time, you're still going to see roughly 4-5x more Rp'ers on Balmung that Gilgamesh.  I don't mean this as a disparagement against the duly elected alternate server, just an observation.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Xenedra - 07-03-2013

(07-03-2013, 01:11 AM)Kyatai Wrote: My LS's concern is that Balamung will fill up before we all get in...

Last time the game was released (lawl) Besaid(oldBalmung), the original server we picked, DID fill up, BUT! It only took a few days for it to open again after only 2 days. Server settling is a thing that just happens, you know? IF Balmung does fill up, I wouldn't think it would take to long to open again. I was definitely locked out for a couple days back then, myself, but it was worth the wait to dink around on another server and join Besaid later Smile

Also, this:
Blade Wrote:This isn't to say that Behemoth roleplayers have no place on the RPC--they absolutely can and could make a linkshell here and advertise for Behemoth (or Fate's Edge, the linkshell they have there), if they decide they would like to be a part of the RPC.

As far as I am currently aware the RPC does plan to support ALL servers; ie. when asked "Where da RP at?" we will mention all servers that exist to our knowledge, UNLESS asked not to. I'm not sure how we plan to implement this at this point, but we'll come to it. As stated before, any statement like this will include the fact that our majority of users is on Balmung. Subsequent to this, Gilgamesh will be mentioned as the secondary choice for RPC users and following this, a list of links to the hubs other servers groups have chosen to make, those on Hyperion, Behemoth, etc. I should hope, in the spirit of fostering RP fun for everyone, regardless of server, that other hubs might consider linking to our website as well.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Uther - 07-03-2013

(07-03-2013, 02:00 AM)Xenedra Wrote:
Blade Wrote:This just seems unlikely to me given the feelings they've expressed about us.

I should hope, in the spirit of fostering RP fun for everyone, regardless of server, that other hubs might consider linking to our website as well.

Wait, what's our beef with behemoth? How is server beef even a thing?

RE: Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Ellie - 07-03-2013

(07-03-2013, 02:08 AM)Uther Wrote:
Blade Wrote:This just seems unlikely to me given the feelings they've expressed about us.

I should hope, in the spirit of fostering RP fun for everyone, regardless of server, that other hubs might consider linking to our website as well.

I wish I knew, actually, I feel like I missed something.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Xenedra - 07-03-2013

(07-03-2013, 02:08 AM)Uther Wrote:

I was actually just getting at the first part of the paragraph, that all servers are welcome and referred to as valid places to RP here. :) Edited!