Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character Tropes! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character Tropes! (/showthread.php?tid=2565)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Character Tropes! - Isilme - 07-03-2013

Here, lemme try!

Isilme Turuphant
Show Content

Hirilonde Turuphant

Show Content

RE: Character Tropes! - Tivahlt - 07-03-2013

Haha, it's times like these when I remember why I love you guys.

Here are some for Mali and Tiv, although they are by no means comprehensive...yet.

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Character Tropes! - Folken - 07-03-2013

Alright, I'll bite.

Think I'll stop there before the list grows far too long.

RE: Character Tropes! - Myllor - 07-04-2013

Dang this was hard!

I'll add some later accurate to his personality on a finer level. This is all mostly character concept. /sleep

RE: Character Tropes! - Aysun - 07-04-2013

Fffff waste of my life but quite fun~

RE: Character Tropes! - Martiallais - 07-30-2013

So...got a little carried away with this. >_<

Show Content

RE: Character Tropes! - allgivenover - 07-30-2013

RE: Character Tropes! - Xha'li Moui - 07-30-2013

Lets see for Xha'li in particular

Cat Boy He's a Miqo'te
Resigned to the Call 6th generation to hear it, he knew it was coming
You Can't Go Home Again Exiled by village matriarch for wanting to study magic.
Following in his mothers footsteps again, he's the 6th generation to get called to adventure

And for his family
Refused the call one of his ancestors did this, it didn't end well
Regular Caller youngest child of the previous adventurer gets the call

RE: Character Tropes! - Gideon Aryeh - 07-31-2013

This version of the character has a mix of old and new to him. Definitely different from his GW2 incarnation (who would have half of his tropes be completely different) This version of Amaare is the older original version. Much nicer, and a hell of a lot more fun. Though he pretty much is a bad guy. I'm a villain guy for the most part. So in my original version of him in WoW he was a villain by society's standards, he just often villanizes villains that people forgive him or look past what he does, especially in settings like Star Wars or Medieval Fantasy. A side note? Watch your daughters and your wife if she's pretty enough.

The Charmer - The part about Amaare that has always been there, from WoW to TOR to GW2, this is in his blood
.Ethical Hedonist Another mmo constant, this trope about him will be there ten years from now in whatever mmo I'm playing.
 Brains And Brawn - this  was something that got added to him in TOR mainly because this version has always been a big guy but not a very tall guy, but there was no way to increase muscle mass w/o going taller. What ended up happening was that I started to like the height so in FFXIV I'm going with it.
 Cultured Badass - Just can't do the dumb characters. This trait about him will never change no matter the mmo. He will always be smart and cultured, but the way he expresses his knowledge will vary. Here it will not be as obvious as he is more down to earth. He's a big guy who is quite good with his fists and a bow, and afterwards he will break out his songbook of songs he has written to serenade that beauty over there. (lies- its the same songs he used last week in Gridania for another beauty)
 Big Brother Instinct - Very protective of his friends, to the point where he would kill those who threaten them. He is also very protective of people in general. While far more Han Solo/Lando Calrissian than hero, he just won't stand for some things at all. Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire  Amaare is a bully predator. Bully Hunter
Nominal Hero - Point blank he can be a self serving greedy jerk, but he hides it well because he generally likes to help people, so they can lend him money later on, and well because the kidnapped lady was quite hot, and hot women being kidnapped need someone cool like him to rescue them. You are not as cool as him, so you do not get to rescue hot kidnapped woman. But you may watch.....you-may-watch. *looks at you and smiles*
Loveable Rogue - Absolutely, always with a smile on his face and quite the charmer.
Heroic Comedic Sociopath - By society's standards he a murderous thief and killer, but because he is doing it to Garleans, and other folk worse than him by far, well that's that's just dandy, what a heroic guy he is *rolls eyes*
Karmic Thief - Absolutely, he bullies, robs, privateers against, ambushes, cons, intimidates, shipwrecks, terrorizes, kills and pretty much any manner of wrongdoing against Garleans whenever he gets the chance. For him if you're Garlean you're a target - why? because Garleans make way too much noise, kill way too many people and make pretty women cry. 

Here are others that fit him well
Brilliant but Lazy - This version, absolutely
Rated M for Manly - Definitely for this version
Suspiciously Specific Denial - "I'm not a thief I'm a Treasure Hunter"
Silly Rabbit Cynicism is For Losers - I think this is me honestly influencing every version. Life sucks enough to have a cynical attitude about it all the time. In every version.
Perpetual Smiler - Another Amaare Margolis constant.
Lightning Bruiser *Brand new trope never used. Amaare has never been the best fighter in any mmo, this version due to being primarily a pugilist is different. Of course this is dependent on whether he gets up because he is quite lazy, lazy enough to cancel out how cool this trope can be.
Drunken Master - Because half the time he really is drunk or damn close to it
Its Not Cheating Unless You Get Caught
Smoking is Cool
STD Immunity

RE: Character Tropes! - Ildur - 07-31-2013

I don't have enough 'troper' experience to make any meaningful conection between tropes and my characters. Though I'm an artless hack, so it's likely I'm using a crapton of them.

But, if you know Ulanan or read the 100 questions I answered for her, then Added Alliterative Appeall is one of her major traits.

RE: Character Tropes! - Poe - 07-31-2013

Oh fun! And what a time sink this has been Dazed

Feminist Fantasy
Action Girl
Silly Rabbit, Romance is for kids  yet somehow ends up here ~~> Longing Look
Intrepid Merchant
Minored in Ass kicking
Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality
Silk Hiding Steel
The Confidant
 Bouncy

RE: Character Tropes! - Fiona - 07-31-2013

Reading everyone's tropes is so fun~
Eva was right in saying this is time consuming, oatmeal is now cold.

Shrinking Violet
Girl Friday
The Confidant
Forgetful Jones

RE: Character Tropes! - Lren - 07-31-2013

This was indeed fun, not to mention helped give me more insight :3

Challenge Seeker
Good Old Fisticuffs
Taught By Experience
Talk to the Fist
Combat Compliment
The Gloves Come Off
There Are No Coincidences
Graceful In Their Element
I Can Still Fight
Blood Brothers
Forgiven But Not Forgotten
All A Part Of The Job
It's What I Do

RE: Character Tropes! - Ashren Dotharl - 07-31-2013

I should have never looked at this thread, I'm going to be going through these for days now... I'll post my findings later.

RE: Character Tropes! - Tyriont - 07-31-2013

Bye, productivity.

Show Content