Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read (/showthread.php?tid=2594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 08:10 PM)Kossori Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:07 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 07:49 PM)MrHeat Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 07:01 PM)Ryaadi Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 06:58 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Thinking about putting together a server Linkshell for all the roleplayers, basically our own rp chat channel oocly.

What do you all think of this and if you like the idea any suggestions for names of the linkshell would be appreciated!

That is a very good initial start Rock, I might also suggest maybe an IC Linkshell for RP when not around physically. It can help for those that want a little rp fix while leveling.
I think both ideas are good ones. Never a bad thing to have more options. As for names hmm. The break room? Lol
 I like both ideas myself, now what to name them, and can a person have two linkshells? I mean if one of you guys wants to start one of these go right ahead you know?

You can have multiple Linkshells, like up to six maybe? Maybe more?

I had one for my Guild and had one for another group I frequently partied with.

They just act like chat channels, really.

I'd wear my RPC Linkshell proud right next to my Free Companies Linkshell for sure.
 Cool cool, so, names of these IC and OOC linkshells?

(07-04-2013, 08:11 PM)Jayce Lightfall Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:07 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:  I like both ideas myself, now what to name them, and can a person have two linkshells? I mean if one of you guys wants to start one of these go right ahead you know?

I believe a player can have:

5 Linkshells
1 Free Company

Correct me if I'm wrong, just stating what I've heard. Big Grin
 Ah hello! Got any ideas for an ic and ooc linkshells? And what do you think of the events that were discussed, any suggestions?

(07-04-2013, 12:11 PM)Yaein Mayweather Wrote: I think it's a great idea! I look forward to participating.
 *gets down on his knees wiping a tear from his eye*

YES, thank you! I shall hope you bring along your crafting goodness!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Nachte - 07-04-2013

Name wise, perhaps something simple? Coalition RP and Coalition OOC? or Gilgamesh RP and Gilgamesh OOC.

Really obvious names like that can work as advertising for players who may not know about this website. They'd see a character with a linkshell that says something like gilgamesh RP and that tips them off to the community?

I don't know, that's a toss up on if you can actually see what linkshells someone has equipped. 

But if you can, choosing obscure or very 'IC' style names would work but nobody looking for rp as an outsider would have any idea. 

Just some thoughts. (IC names could be nice too)

(07-04-2013, 08:19 PM)Nachte Wrote: Name wise, perhaps something simple? Coalition RP and Coalition OOC? or Gilgamesh RP and Gilgamesh OOC.

Really obvious names like that can work as advertising for players who may not know about this website. They'd see a character with a linkshell that says something like gilgamesh RP and that tips them off to the community?

I don't know, that's a toss up on if you can actually see what linkshells someone has equipped. 

But if you can, choosing obscure or very 'IC' style names would work but nobody looking for rp as an outsider would have any idea. 

Just some thoughts. (IC names could be nice too)
 Coalition RP or Coalition IC also works

Any other suggestions?

Of course I'm sure that upon once joining the OOC linkshell they will be directed to the IC Linkshell so maybe that name can be something more "IC" so to speak.

Thoughts? Maybe the IC name can be something that reflects unity. Idk, anyway keep them coming!

And lurkers I want your opinions too! Don't you stand there not saying anything! You and you too! *looks at you, yeah you* Ideas please!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Chocobald - 07-04-2013

Hey there! I intend of starting RPing in MMOs again with this game.
I decided to play a Roegadyn because they look fun, I love their naming convention and Limsa Lomsa was my favorite town and it's all about dem Sea Wolves.

However the wiki is a bit barebones on their culture. Where can I find the most information about them? How their behave? How do their family relationship work? And so on.
Anything is fine, I'm hunting all information I can about the buggers.

(07-04-2013, 08:30 PM)Chocobald Wrote: Hey there! I intend of starting RPing in MMOs again with this game.
I decided to play a Roegadyn because they look fun, I love their naming convention and Limsa Lomsa was my favorite town and it's all about dem Sea Wolves.

However the wiki is a bit barebones on their culture. Where can I find the most information about them? How their behave? How do their family relationship work? And so on.
 I've found this site to be a great resource of course if anyone has something better please list it
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Roegadyn_Naming_Conventions

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Nachte - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 08:25 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Any other suggestions?

Of course I'm sure that upon once joining the OOC linkshell they will be directed to the IC Linkshell so maybe that name can be something more "IC" so to speak.

Thoughts? Maybe the IC name can be something that reflects unity. Idk, anyway keep them coming!
Oh yeah! haha I didn't think about that, if recruitment for the two LS was done mostly through the OOC shell that would indeed open it up a lot for the other's name. (Not gunna lie I do like more in world names for anything, even just pve guilds and the like)

(07-04-2013, 08:37 PM)Nachte Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:25 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Any other suggestions?

Oh yeah! haha I didn't think about that, if recruitment for the two LS was done mostly through the OOC shell that would indeed open it up a lot for the other's name. (Not gunna lie I do like more in world names for anything, even just pve guilds and the like)
 *nods* Yeah I think by doing it that way you give a nice taste of both avenues, a more normal conventional sounding OOC name and a true roleplayer sounding IC name. I'd love to hear any suggestions for a IC Linkshell name.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Elisea Renyven - 07-04-2013

Just gonna come in and toss another idea to help you guys out. Ignore the FC recruiting for a moment, and during P4 besides on working on getting your names etc. I think you should all do some type of meet and greet, and give the server some RP exposure.  Just interact with each other in something casual until you all have stuff truly established, keep your interest going that way.

(07-04-2013, 09:17 PM)Ryaadi Wrote: Just gonna come in and toss another idea to help you guys out. Ignore the FC recruiting for a moment, and during P4 besides on working on getting your names etc. I think you should all do some type of meet and greet, and give the server some RP exposure.  Just interact with each other in something casual until you all have stuff truly established, keep your interest going that way.
 Not an FC but a Linkshell. I'm not even thinking about FC's yet, but there should be some sort of chat channel thing to connect everyone.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Elisea Renyven - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 09:19 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 09:17 PM)Ryaadi Wrote: Just gonna come in and toss another idea to help you guys out. Ignore the FC recruiting for a moment, and during P4 besides on working on getting your names etc. I think you should all do some type of meet and greet, and give the server some RP exposure.  Just interact with each other in something casual until you all have stuff truly established, keep your interest going that way.
 Not an FC but a Linkshell. I'm not even thinking about FC's yet, but there should be some sort of chat channel thing to connect everyone.

Good PR and exposure will definitely help you folks out. Also soon as you guys can begin brainstorming, you should try to set up maybe 3-4 events minimum over a 2 week time or however long P4 is to ensure everyone knows you guys are there to stay. I just wanna see both servers be successful.

(07-04-2013, 09:22 PM)Ryaadi Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 09:19 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:

Good PR and exposure will definitely help you folks out. Also soon as you guys can begin brainstorming, you should try to set up maybe 3-4 events minimum over a 2 week time or however long P4 is to ensure everyone knows you guys are there to stay. I just wanna see both servers be successful.
 As do I, as soon as the subforums are up I will be doing some major threads, and again if anybody wants to do an event well suggest something!

I've also been working hard on other sites as well, letting them know about the new alternate server choice. I think its coming along well. Beta 4 will see a big push I'm sure from everyone and I'm sure nobody will be opposed to constant events. I am also going to make an attempt to call in some great roleplayers I know who might be interested in ARR.

I might even hopefully be able to link up with some of my old Wyrmrest Accord buddies in WoW. Perhaps convincing them to try out Beta 4 will addict them enough to want to come here *evil grin*.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Chocobald - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 08:35 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:30 PM)Chocobald Wrote: Hey there! I intend of starting RPing in MMOs again with this game.

I've found this site to be a great resource of course if anyone has something better please list it

That actually helped me alot!Thank you.

(07-04-2013, 11:03 PM)Chocobald Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:35 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:

That actually helped me alot!Thank you.
 No problem at all, glad it helped!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-05-2013

How long can a Linkshell name be? What do you guys think of "Limitless Sky" or "Sky is the Limit" as the IC linkshell names, yes I realize they may be kinda corny but I wouldn't mind having a name that represented all the possibilities of roleplaying on a new server.

*Just noticed "Limitless Sky" makes a great airship name. Hmmm....

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Ashren Dotharl - 07-05-2013

Pretty sure the limit is 20 characters, similar to character names. My LS in beta is 18 characters so I know it's at least that long.