Hydaelyn Role-Players
100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character (/showthread.php?tid=2688)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Rosekitten - 07-10-2013

There finally updated and finished that. If i wasn't called from the computer so often it would have been done a day or so ago. ^^;

Also it has been more then a blast to read the others posted >w< I have a few more pages worth of reading to do.

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Orlog - 07-11-2013

(This was a ton of fun!)

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Aysun - 07-11-2013

Weird, I really thought I posted this last night. Oh well. xD

Though Aysun would probably not actually answer all of these if asked, I answered them ICly~

Show Content

Whew! x_o

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Tyriont - 07-11-2013

This was a really fun experiment!

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - plutosams - 07-11-2013

Took longer than I thought, but that was nice practice to know more about my own character

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Myllor - 07-12-2013

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Zyrusticae - 07-12-2013

Five thousand words. No one will read this entire thing. Prove me wrong, why don't you?

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Savarah - 07-12-2013

(07-12-2013, 03:18 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: I've never heard of a Miqo'te in her 20s still a virgin - although if there is, I'd sure like to meet her! 
-cough-
Well someone's in for a surprise. Laugh

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Nova - 07-13-2013

Ok this took me forever to finally finish, but it's done. ICly there are a LOT of questions Dustyn would never answer ... so ya ... lol

A small Miqo'te walks into the tavern shaking rain water from her hair as she sat down stiffly across from the interviewer. She gave a tight smile, hoping that this favor would now make her and Nova even.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - LeCard - 07-13-2013

Here is Rogier's 100 (though it still needs some tweaking once we get more info about Arcanist)

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Chakha Malqir - 07-14-2013

I saw this entire list and I just about died.

Thank you for posting this! I'll take full advantage when I am able!

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Vash - 07-14-2013

(07-14-2013, 02:03 AM)HakuroDK Wrote: I saw this entire list and I just about died.

Thank you for posting this! I'll take full advantage when I am able!
Thank you so much! This made my day! Looking forward to the reply! Big Grin

100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Sapphos - 07-17-2013

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - abnormalDeity - 07-17-2013

Part 1: The Basics

1.What is your full name?
"Miss Juniper Rosenburg reporting for duty . . . sir!"

2.Where and when were you born?
"Uh . . . not sure exactly where . . . But I know it's somewhere near the forests of Gridania at least! And that was only 15 cycles ago, mind you!"

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
"Oh, man, my parents? Hah! I swear, they're crazy! Probably where I got my crazy from! Not that kind of crazy though, mind you! Anyway, those two are definately, uhh . . . What's the word? Eccentric? Yeah, yeah! That's it! My dad's always been pretty lazy, even if he does work quite a bit at his job! Oh, what's his job, you ask? He's a cart repairman. Not too exciting, if you ask me! Oh, and my mom's just a simple house-wife, by the by! . . . Though I did hear she used to be pretty dang good with a bow an' arrow! Oh, my dad's name is Lionel, and my mother Cerena, by the by! Odd ones, them, givin' up on their tribes, movin' away, an' changin' their names like that! Then again, I do suppose they didn't really get along with the other Miqo'te in their village as much, so I kinda get it, but still . . ."

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?
"Yep! Three of 'em! And I would be the oldest, if it weren't for my big brother, Theo! And he's not even around that much! Just what does that big oak think he's doing . . . Doing all that mercenary work and barely stoppin' by to see lil' ol' me! Not that he's not totally cool, 'cause he definately is! He taught me how to wield a sword an' everythin'! The little ones are pretty cool too, though! My little brother and little sister, Kit and Kate, respectively! I think they even get into more antics and mischief than I do, and that's saying a lot!"

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.
"Nowhere! Wait, no, that's not what I meant! Everywhere? No, that doesn't work either! . . . Uh, well for now, I guess you can call me somewhat of a lone wanderer, I guess."

6.What is your occupation?
"Adventurer-Extraordinaire! An' I wouldn't change it for the world, you know!"

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
"Well, I'm pretty short and petite, but I've got a nice, huge, long bushy tail and sharp ears to make up for it! My hair's kind of a bob, I guess, with like a couple short braids out in front, and a teeny lil' ponytail on the tip of my head! My fur and stuff is all pitch-black! Well . . . except my hair does have some red in it . . . But that don't matter! Oh, and eyes are super weird! Like, one's a bright green, right? But the other one's bright red! It's pretty cool though, not gonna lie! And, I just kinda dress in whatever's comfortable and looks neat! I ain't got no tattoos, but I like to put some face-paint on my cheeks! Pretty angular, too! I'd say I'm a natural at it!"

8.To which social class do you belong?
". . . Uhh, is "Adventurer" a social class?"

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
"No allergies, but I tend to catch colds pretty easy! And I'm kinda short, so there's that . . ."

10. Are you right- or left-handed?
"Definately a righty!"

11. What does your voice sound like?
"Kinda scratchy, really . . ."

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
"Oh man, geez, way too many!"

13. What do you have in your pockets?
"Uhh . . . potions? . . . Pocket lint?"

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
"Way too many to list!"

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
"Pretty crazy, but pretty great, too!"

16. What is your earliest memory?
"Uh, well, one time I stole a jellybean, and my mom got really mad . . ."

17. How much schooling have you had?
"Homeschool'd my whole life! . . . Makes me kinda wonder what actual school is like though."

18. Did you enjoy school?
"Heck no! I hated it! Though I did like learning how to use a sword . . ."

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
"My brother mostly! He's kinda a jerk sometimes, but he means well, an' taught me tons o' neat stuff!"

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.
"Yeah, my big bro 'fer sure! He's a pretty great dude, and he's done tons of quests and cool stuff like fighting bandits, so I really look up to him, ya' know?"

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
"Pretty dang well 'fer the most part! Though I did kinda get in trouble with my mom a lot . . ."

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
"An adventurer! Always did, and always will!"

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
"Swordfighting 'fer sure! Oh, and I always loved hunting nearby small-fry kinda monsters, even if my mom just hated it!"

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
"Well, I've always really excitable and eccentric, and I've always loved talking to people, even if they kinda thought I was a bit obnoxious whenever I raved their ear off about something! You just can't please some people I guess. Probably why I settled on just pranking em instead!"

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?
"Nah, but I prolly would'a been, had we actually lived near anyone. Though now that I think about it, I did used to hang out with this one kid, but I completely forgot who he even was!"

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
"Uh . . . well, I've . . . I've uh . . . never really had one . . . "

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
"Oh, gods . . . are we really asking this question? 'Cause this is uh . . . pretty awkward . . . And yes, I am a virgin, thank you very much!"

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
"Well, I always loved stories of adventurers, so that's why I'm one now, I suppose!"

Part 3: Past Influences

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
"Uhhhhhhh . . ."

30. Who has had the most influence on you?
"Well, that would be my big bro, obviously!"

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
"Setting out on my great, big, quest as an adventurer, 'fer certain!"

32. What is your greatest regret?
"Well, I am kind of a kleptomaniac so uh . . ."

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
"Again, kind of a kleptomaniac."

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
"Gee, I wonder!

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
"All the times I got caught pilferin', 'fer one!"

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
"I'd . . . really rather not talk about it . . . "

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
"All the times I ever stole anything, 'fer starters . . . Lemme tell 'ya, it never worked out in the end."

38. What is your best memory?
"When I turned 15 cycles, my mom let me go finally go adventuring. I miss that crazy, cranky lady with all my heart . . ."

39. What is your worst memory?
"Ugh, let's not go into that!"
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
"Glass half full, hell yeah!"

41. What is your greatest fear?
"I . . . don't really like talking about this but . . . I hate the thought of just, people hating me, scorning me, kicking me out, all that stuff. I really just . . . hate it.

42. What are your religious views?
"Don't care! It sure don't affect me any!"

43. What are your political views?
"Politics are boring! Boring, boring boring!"

44. What are your views on sex?
"Uhh . . ."

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
"Um, I kill monsters, if that's what you mean."

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
". . . What's a human?"

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
"Heck knows!"

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
"Adventure and happiness all the way!"

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
"I kinda just blurt out whatever I gotta say, really! Sure, it gets in trouble sometimes, but that's the fun of it!"

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
"Nah, just do what you want, you know?"

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?
"I'll never hurt anybody! Ever! Even if I have to, I won't! It's just, plain not right!

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
"Honestly? Anybody. Except maybe if they're jerks, but even then, I'd still try. Maybe not as much, but still . . ."
Part 5: Relationships With Others

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
"I'm kind of "in-yer-face" friendly with most people, but if they're rude, I won't hesitate to give them a good pranking!"

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
"My family! They raised and cared for me from day one! I'd never let anyone hurt them, ever!"

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
"My big brother! He taught me so much, and he's really cool, even if he kinda likes to hide it!"

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.
"Eh, not really. Haven't met many people, you know!"

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.
"I don't! I'm not even old enough for that!"

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.
"No, and I'm definately not expecting it to happen any time soon!"

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
"Uhhhh . . . "

60. How close are you to your family?
"Man, if you couldn't tell that already, you need to pay more attention!"

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?
"No, I'm not old enough, and I certainly don't want to! Sounds weird as heck!"

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
"Anyone in my family, but especially my big bro. He's surprisingly protective!"

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?
"Yeah, my family! I trust them, and I know they'd do anything to help me!"

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
"My family . . ."

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
"Uh, can't say I've met anyone I really hate before, really . . ."

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
"Well, if somebody made me mad, I'd definately tell 'em what's what!"

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
"Nah, I'm not much of a leader, honestly!"

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?
"Hell yeah! The more the merrier, as they say!"

69. Do you care what others think of you?
"Hmm, maybe I do, maybe I don't!"
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
"Hunting and swordfighting!"

71. What is your most treasured possession?
"All my adventure gear!"

72. What is your favorite color?
"Red, like fire!"

73. What is your favorite food?
"Oh man, smoked salmon is the best! Man, I'm gonna drool just thinking about it!:

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
"Adventure novels and practically nothing else!"

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
"Uh, killing monsters? Quests?"

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?
"Hell no! Why would anyone even do that?"

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
"Uh, killin' monsters?"

78. What makes you laugh?
"Anything and everything! I'm not hard to amuse, you know!"

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
"Um, what?"

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
"Maybe try to make my own sword? Always wanted to know what it's like, an' all."

81. How do you deal with stress?
" . . . I don't. At least, not very well."

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
"Plans are for the weak! Never plan!"

83. What are your pet peeves?
"Uh, people who burp a lot?"

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
"I don't have a routine! Never needed one!"

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
"Why, that'd be my wonderful charm and beauty! Or, you know, my pranks. Those work, too"

86. What is your greatest weakness?
"Well, I do have kind of a tendency to get into trouble a lot . . . Hey! It ain't my fault! I just got really bad luck, alright!"

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
"Well, I'm already workin' on not bein' such a klepto an' all, but I'm still getting there, so . . ."

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
"Extrovert all the way!"

89. Are you generally organized or messy?
"Pssh! Who cares about organization, right? . . . Right?"

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
"Uhh, well I'm good at killing monsters, and pranking, and . . . uh . . . training, I guess? I'm not too good at thinking things through though, so I'm not good at puzzles, or math, or any of that kinda stuff, really . . ."

91. Do you like yourself?
"Heck yeah, I do! What a weird question! Who doesn't like themselves . . .?"

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
"It's just like I tell everybody, I love adventures, and doing quests, and slaying monsters, all that stuff! It's just plain fun!"

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
"I want to be the most well-known adventurer in the whole world!"

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
"Still an adventurer, doing the many things adventurers do!"

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
"In the process of heroically saving someone from a great, big, monster, obviously!"

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
"Visit my family, tell them all goodbye, and go kill stuff! Man, I've really got a one-track mind . . ."

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
"Being a great adventurer that people admire!"

98. What three words best describe your personality?
"Crazy, eccentric, and excitable!"

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
"Ambitious, annoying, and prankster . . ."

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)
Sometimes, you really need to slow it down. Stop, and just think about everyone around you, and try not to get in as much trouble. I know you mean well, but sometimes you get a little self-absorbed, and that's when you really need to just calm down and think, alright? And don't forget that while adventures in and of themselves are fun, they'll get boring and sad, if you don't have anyway to share them with, so make sure to always be as thoughtful as you can with others, okay? Oh, and try not to get all flustered if you ever get in a romantic situation, or discussing that kind of stuff platonically, alright?

((Uh, how do you put things in a spoiler tag??))

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - E'irawen - 07-18-2013

Show Content