Hydaelyn Role-Players
100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character (/showthread.php?tid=2688)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Dubs - 08-04-2013

Phew screen went black for a second thought I lost it. Here goes.
Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - T'salmaveth - 08-06-2013

So, I have something already written up for T'sal, but this is always a good exercise to cement things. So... I'll take a swipe at it. If anything, I can get some feedback on him since this is my first Final Fantasy RP and I might have missed something in my lore research. ^^' (I'm answering this as the creator, not the character... He'd never give anyone this much information. Ever.)

Part 1: The Basics
Show Content

Part 2: Growing Up
Show Content

Part 3: Past Influences
Show Content

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
Show Content

Part 5: Relationships With Others
Show Content

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
Show Content

Part 7: Self Images, Etc.
Show Content

Ah, that was long. Hopefully it isn't horrible. >_>

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Kismet - 08-07-2013

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Aerion - 08-07-2013

Thanks for this list, its really helpful for newbs like me. I'll be printing this out and go through it all one by one. Will really help create a meaningful character!

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Rhan'ir Azal - 08-07-2013

This one is good too for helping you make choices on how exactly you're going to RP your character.

http://rpg.ashami.com/

This is mine:
[Image: TFDOWG9.jpg]

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Colyer - 08-08-2013

Here is the first 3 parts of the questionnaire, answered in character.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

I'm working on finishing the rest, and will update when I can.

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Judeau - 08-09-2013

An exceptionally young looking rather tall mocha skinned Hyur Midlander with piercing green eyes sits across from his interviewer. He begins tapping his right index finger impatiently. He runs his hand through his jet black hair with outlandish blond streaks. "So let me get this straight. All I have to do is answer a few questions and you'll buy me a barrel of this tavern's finest? Rather generous eh old man? Well the name's Judeau...pleasure to meet ya."
Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - GilbertBlythe - 08-10-2013

First, I'm starting a monthly (weekly?) journal-format serial to go along with my character and his backstory -- we'll see where it winds up. For lack of a better place to put it for now, I threw it in a post on the beta forum which you can access here if you'd like a read: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/97059-The-Tale-of-Gilbert-La-pine-Ch1%21 :D

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Apoc1216 - 08-11-2013

This is my first RP MMO character, so be gentle please Big Grin. I wrote it as the creator as well, he wouldn't be able to say all of that without bringing up a ton of bad memories or even share that much information about himself. I have included a snapshot of what he looks like as well, though it took some convincing as well to get that >.>

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - irimus - 08-24-2013

Here's mine - I'll have to note: the name may change as she isn't actually "created" yet on the servers. But everything else will remain the same.

1. What is your full name?

“Maelette Istam’il – or at least, that’s how I remember it.”

2. Where and when were you born?

“I was born on the 26[sup]th [/sup]day of the Fourth Astral Moon, 20 years ago, in a cave system outside of Gridania.”

3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

“After the… event… Ibecame separated from my family. I don’t know where they are, but I’m hopeful to one day find them.”

4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?

“A younger brother and sister… they should be with my parents.”

5. Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

“I’m currently just renting a room in Limsa Lominsa, it’s not anything permanent. I live by myself, unless you count Carbuncle…”

6. What is your occupation?

“I’m a, uhh, freelance adventurer, right now… perhaps when I’ve learned more from my guild, I’ll be picked up for a more permanent career.”

7. Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

“I’m fairly short, as far as my people go. My skin is pale, so I wear a bit of blush on my cheeks. I wear my hair in some intricate braids – my mother did my hair like this as a girl, so I’ve just kept it. The hair itself is white with some twinges of black, and the braids are held together by some small silver accoutrements. In addition to those, I often wear a pair of silver earrings on my relatively short ears. My eyes are a sort of light crimson color, and I’ve got a blue tattoo over my left eye. Under my right eye is a small beauty mark. I’m satisfied with the appearance of my body, especially my chest.”

8. To which social class do you belong?

“I suppose I belong to the lower classes… I’m almost homeless, with no family, less money, and nowhere to go but up.”

9. Do you have any allergies,diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

“I’m allergic to sheep’s wool, and I have to wear glasses when I go outside or I can’t see too far.”

10. Are you right- or left-handed?

“I write with my right hand.”

11. What does your voice sound like?

“Pretty, I hope!”

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?

“I’m not sure… If I douse any particular phrases or words more often than others, I’ve not noticed.”

13. What do you have in your pockets?

“A couple of linkpearls and a small crystal shard I had on me after being separated from my family.”

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

“I’d have to say that I’m a bit obsessed with making sure my books and papers are organized a certain way…”

15. How would you describe yourchildhood in general?

“In general? Pleasant, if I had to sum it up! I can’t say that I ever had want for anything as a child. I had friends and had plenty of fun growing up.”

16. What is your earliest memory?

“Hmm… probably the first time I left my parents’ home and ventured out of the cave. I was very young, barely in school. The sky was so blue and it was so bright, I thought I’d go blind! Haha, but I grew to enjoy the fresh air and the night sky.”

17. How much schooling have you had?

“Let’s see, I was 15 when Bahamut emerged, so… 9 years of schooling? I’m in a sort of school now, though. I’m learning the art of magic as an Arcanist!”

18. Did you enjoy school?

“As much as any child does,I suppose! Haha… I used to love discovering new things in the books.”

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?

“I guess you mean my professional skills? Well, everything I’ve learned so far came from the professors and mages of the Arcanist guild. I have almost no real world experience, but I get the sense I may soon be put in the field for research.”

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.

“Probably my mother – I always saw her as being very strong and very collected. Nothing ever seemed to make her worry; everything was an ‘experience’ to take lessons from and grow. I’d like to view the world that way, too.”

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?

“Pretty well, I’d say! I was the eldest, so I got to watch my siblings grow… I wish I could see them, now. I bet they’ve grown very well.”

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

“I think I wanted to be a chef, because of my love for food… but that’s not quite how things turned out. You see… I’m a terrible cook. Hehe…”

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?

“Reading new books, playing tricks on the smaller animals in the caves, and eating!”

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?

“That’s an odd question to ask… I suppose I was pretty childish as a child.”

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

“I wouldn’t say popular, but I did have friends. I’ve forgotten their names, but I do remember spending many days playing with them in the tunnels… they were the ones that convinced me to go outside of the cave the first time. They told me that if I hadn’t left the cave, I’d be haunted by a ghost.”

26. When and with whom was yourfirst kiss?

“I… I, uh… haven’t been kissed…”

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
“Well… I haven’t been kissed… so…”

28. If you are a supernatural being(i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

“I’m pretty normal, I think! The biggest thing for me was being separated from my family. I wish I knew where they were… I know there’s a chance, a pretty good chance that they perished when Bahamut appeared… but I choose to believe that they are still out there, maybe even looking for me!”

29. What do you consider the mostimportant event of your life so far?

“That’s easy, I just talked about it!”

30. Who has had the most influence on you?

“Probably my teachers at the Arcanist guild – they took me in, gave me a chance… I was naught but a guttersnipe when I found my way to their office in Limsa Lominsa. If I saw myself back then, I’m not sure I would’ve given me a chance.”

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

“The first time I brought forth Carbuncle and sealed the contract! It was the first time that I felt that I may actually have some talent with magic.”

32. What is your greatest regret?

“I don’t know that I have anything to regret, yet… I’m still young, and I’ve lived as best I can.”

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

“I’ve stolen food before, and I stole bedding from another vagrant.”

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?

“Well, I never got caught, so no, I don’t suppose there’s a record out there.”

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?

“Waking up in a place I didn’t recognize, surrounded by people I didn’t know, in a landscape that had been decimated by Bahamut. I was so scared that I didn’t eat for days.”

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?

“I, uhh… I suppose if I’m being honest here… I was seen swimming naked in a pool of water by a boy I had… feelings for. I couldn’t look at him or anyone else for weeks. In retrospect, I don’t think he ever told anyone…”

37. If you could change one thingfrom your past, what would it be, and why?

“I would’ve stayed with my family that day… I’d wandered off on my own in the markets of the city…”

38. What is your best memory?

“The first time my mother did my hair like this… she said it made me so pretty that the boys would follow me wherever I went. I remember feeling so confident…”
39. What is your worst memory?

“Sleeping alone, exhausted, frightened, and cold the first time after the destruction… I eventually collapsed… I’m not even sure how long I slept, but it wasn’t restful.”

Part 4: Beliefs and Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic orpessimistic?

“I have to be optimistic about things… that’s the only way I can move forward! I have to have hope for something…”

41. What is your greatest fear?

“Losing my friends… or being betrayed by them.”

42. What are your religious views?

“I direct my prayers to Thaliak, more often than any other. I feel people should worship what they believe resonates most closely to their life or how they wish to live.”

43. What are your political views?

“I think people should be free to make choices for themselves, but sometimes that freedom requires sacrifice. I disagree with the Garleans, but I want to see people protected by their government so that they may live without worries.”

44. What are your views on sex?

“Well… I don’t have any experience with it… but people should be free to choose how they live, including who, what, or how they decide to be intimate.”

45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

“I think I’m capable of killing, but only for food or defense. I don’t see myself taking any pleasure in it, or doing it for fun. That’d make me a sociopath. Animals must be killed in order for us to eat, and sometimes there are evil people that can only be stopped at the end of a blade…”

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?

“Subjugate another person’s will. To take away the most basic of freedom a person has: the freedom to think their own thoughts… that has to be the worst of all evils.”

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?

“I surely do! I’ve seen it in my parents since I was young. Nothing less than true love was seen in their eyes when they looked at each other.”

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?

“A successful life? Seems like a subjective question, to me… I think I’d consider my life successful if I could make a positive impact on the people in my life.”

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?

“I try to be as honest as I can! If someone is going to dislike me, or be put off by me, I want it to be because they dislike the true me, and not because they heard me say or saw me do something I didn’t mean.”

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

“I sometimes feel like the Lalafell get needlessly underfoot, but they are still good people. Well, most of them. I’m not a fan of spicy food.”

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

“Sell my body… it’s the one thing I’ve got that I have to take care of… if I put a price on that, then I’ve put a price on my own health.”

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

“My friends and family! That’s an easy question to answer, for me. There’s little I wouldn’t do if it meant helping the people closest to me.”

Part 5: Relationships with Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

“I try to be kind and polite to everyone I meet. I’ve found that a little etiquette from the start makes for an all-around better conversation or meeting.”

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

“That’s tough to answer…I suppose myself! I’ve got to take care of myself, so that I can become strong!”

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

“My mentor in the guild… they seem so… put together. They know what they want, where they are going, and how they are getting there. They don’t compromise their dreams for anything.”

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.

“Well… right now, my only friend is Carbuncle… he keeps me company and listens to me. I think we’re good friends, despite the contract.”

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.

“I don’t have anyone like that, yet…”

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

“I know I’ve had feelings for a boy or two… but I don’t think I’ve been in love.”

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?

“I’m not sure… I suspect I will know when I find them!”

60. How close are you to your family?

“Err… Well… that is… I’d like to be!”

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

“I’d like to start one in the future… but after I find out about my parents and siblings.”

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?

“I… don’t know…”

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?

“I trust Carbuncle, for sure!”

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?

“My family, if they are still out there… maybe my mentor at the guild?”

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?

“The Garlean Emporer… I feel he is responsible for all of this.”

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

“I’ll argue if I think I can convince someone… but I generally avoid it. Rarely do people change their opinion when the person is aggressive.”

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

“I don’t think so… I’m fairly soft-spoken, and I don’t like being aggressive in social situations.”

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?

“Not really. I like to be noticed… in large crowds, I tend to blend into the background.”

69. Do you care what others think of you?

“Definitely! I worry if people will like me.”

Part 6: Likes and Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

“Can reading be a hobby? I suppose you could say I have a hobby of collecting books…”

71. What is your most treasured possession?

“The shard of crystal I keep in my pocket – father gave it to me.”

72. What is your favorite color?

“I love greens… darker greens, like the color of the moss.”

73. What is your favorite food?

“Sweet bread with honey!”

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?

“I like reading about magic, and I love to read about history…. I also like works of fiction – heroic stories are my favorite.”

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?

“Anything can be good entertainment with the right people to share it with!”

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?

“I do not… I like to keep my head clear.”

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?

“Studying in my room and playing with Carbuncle.”

78. What makes you laugh?

“I try to find something to laugh about in any situation! I love a good joke… haha!”

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?

“I don’t really know… I guess I’d be pretty offended if someone insulted the people I care about.”

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?

“I would probably just read or go walk the docks.”

81. How do you deal with stress?

“I like to run until I’m exhausted when I become stressed… take in the sights and get a little exercise at the same time. It’s a good reprieve from studying or magical practice.”

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?

“I suppose I try to have a plan for everything… I like to pay attention to the details and watch it play out like water falling down a hillside – eventually leading the spot I planned.”

83. What are your pet peeves?

“I can’t stand it when someone moves my books.”

Part 7: Self Images and Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

“My average day involves study at the guild, followed by practice and homework. I don’t often get interrupted in that, but when it happens it is usually something interesting or fun, so I don’t mind so much.”

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?

“I think that might be my determination… after five whole years, I’m still driving towards my goals and learning to live in this new world.”

86. What is your greatest weakness?

“Recognizing that my optimism stands at the edge of a perilous precipice and could be pushed over in an instant. I fear the day when that may come.”

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

“I think I’d like to be a little bit taller. The men of my people are much taller than I, and I’d like to be able to look them in the eye.”

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

“Introverted, I suppose. I occasionally make efforts to talk to people and step outside my comforts, but it’s fairly rare.”

89. Are you generally organized or messy?

“Organized! Definitely organized!”

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

“Three things I’m good at… learning things from books, casting magic, and being athletic. I’m awful at cooking, dancing, and talking in front of groups.”

91. Do you like yourself?

“For sure! I think I’m great – I just feel a little lonely sometimes.”

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

“It pays the rent and pays for my schooling! I like exploring, but I do it for the money more often than not. Being able to help people is nice, too.”

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?

“I’d like to master all forms of magic… I want to understand what happened all those years ago.”

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

“I don’t know… maybe I’ll be raising a child or two by then? I’ll definitely still be studying magic.”

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

“What a strange question to ask… hmm… I think if I were given a choice, I’d prefer to die peacefully, of old age, surrounded by the people I love and am loved by.”

96. If you knew you were going to  die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

“I’d start by eating my favorite foods, then I would give my possessions to people that needed them, then, lastly, I would spend the remaining time with my friends and family.”

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

“Discovering something new! There’s so much we don’t know about our world… I’d like to be known for finding something nobody had ever seen or known before.”

98. What three words best describe your personality?

“Hmm… I hope pleasant is one of them. Curious might be another! Uhh… polite, maybe?”

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?

“You’d have to ask others about that… haha.”

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

I would tell her to get out there and never stop chasing her dreams – to seek them with everything she’s got. Until she collapses and dies, she should keep moving forward.

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Fystrael Abylstyrwyn - 08-24-2013

Fystrael's eyes bulged slightly as the guild application scroll kept unraveling.  By the Twelve, how many questions was she supposed to answer for the Drowning Wench's barkeep before he'd write her up in the book?  Muttering under her breath, she got comfortable on the splintery barstool and picked up the quill.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Maqali Qulaan - 08-25-2013

(I apologize in advance for any lore errors or RP faux pas I might commit- I'm new to the community and only know some lore thus far. Still, I'm excited to be here! I apologize also for any formatting issues with the text. My computer doesn't like it when I copy/paste things it seems! I tried to fiddle with it as well as I could.)

A youthful-looking Miqo'te is seated on the lone, rickety looking chair in the one-room hovel. The home, so close to the docks, has all sorts of interesting smells and sounds about it. The girl is holding a sleeping Miqo'te child who appears less than one cycle of age and shares in her dark skin and pale blond hair. She moves fluidly to the floor when the interviewer arrives, wordlessly offering up her seat. She speaks very softly when questioned, so as not to wake the child.

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Bloodwillow - 08-25-2013

I'm still fleshing out Bloodwillow, but I think this will help me fill out more for her wiki too.

(08-07-2013, 01:16 PM)Rhan Wrote: This one is good too for helping you make choices on how exactly you're going to RP your character.

http://rpg.ashami.com/

Ah I used this when making my SWTOR character and really think it is helpful.

Bloodwillow sat down across from the young hyur reporter, watching him gape at her a few moments.  Finally he began to speak in a shaky voice, asking her a few questions.

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Yuria - 08-25-2013

Yuria went to an inn in order to rest while enjoying her meal, she saw that someone is asking a hundred questions and it seems that a lot of people are having fun so she decided to try and parcipate.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - SadPandaLulu - 08-28-2013

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Part 4: Beliefs and Opinions

Show Content

Part 5: Relationships with Others

Show Content

Part 6: Likes and Dislikes

Show Content