Hydaelyn Role-Players
100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character (/showthread.php?tid=2688)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - A'tarr Torma - 10-13-2013

Not exactly verbose, but that's just how it goes. Blush

Spoiler: show
Part 1: The Basics
1.What is your full name?
A'tarr Tarmon
2.Where and when were you born?
Exactly where is a bit unclear to me now, but it was 19 years ago
3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
A'brool and A'priana. Father was a hunter, and taught me well, mother was everything we could ask for in a caretaker, and knew a little magic for healing.
4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?
I had a little brother. He died when we were both young.
5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.
I lodge in Swiftperch regularly, but I don't have a real home yet. It's a nice town, the view of the sea is nice. I usually keep to myself, fishing on the shore and cooking what I catch.
6.What is your occupation?
Adventurer, hunter, fisherman.
7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
A little on the tall side, built for speed, like all Miqo'te. I have orange-brown fur, with yellow highlights and tail-tip. My eyes are slitted, and mis-matched, which I understand to be uncommon among other races. One is green, the other is an odd silver. Strange, but I don't make a big deal of it. Style of dress is practical and usually muted in color. Bright colors attract attention. A few scars from fights and hunts gone wrong.
8.To which social class do you belong?
Tribal society didn't have much in the way of social classes. Right now? Vagabond tier, probably, heheh.
9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I take care of myself. So, no.
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right.
11. What does your voice sound like?
Low, rough, breathy, somewhere between a growl and a whisper. Long stretches of not talking and controlling my breathing make speaking unfamiliar.
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
"Gods dammit, [insert noun here]." "You gonna eat that?"
13. What do you have in your pockets?
Few gil. Fishing line. Whetstone. Something... once edible, I think?
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Terse talker. Can't sit still most times.

Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Happy. For the most part.
16. What is your earliest memory?
The smell of smoked venison, Father offering me some of my first solid food. It was delicious.
17. How much schooling have you had?
Nothing official, just learning through cultural osmosis. I can read most things, write, do basic math. Don't need much else.
18. Did you enjoy school?
Barely knew it was happening. Like I said, cultural osmosis. I think that's what they call it, anyway.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
The other men, Father and my uncles especially.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.
Father, the chief, my uncles. Not much to describe.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Very well. Especially with my brother.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A hunter. Mission accomplished.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Spear practice and swimming, usually. Hunting training was much of my life when I was older.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I don't especially remember what I was like as a child. I was perhaps... happier?
25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?
I was one of the group, safely in the middle of most things. Never the fastest, never the strongest, but never the weakest either. I wasn't nunh material, let's say.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
I was 12. It was on a dare. The "lucky" lady had feelings for me at the time, but I only learned that years after she'd moved on. It's just as well.
27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
No. Her name was C'rali, and our tribes interacted on occasion. Trade, the occasional border skirmish. We swam together in the river that split the valley often, and eventually grew curious. Let's leave it at that.
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Money makes the world go 'round. I need to eat, and so I hunt, adventure, and work where I must.

Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
My brother's death.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
Father.
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Slaying a treant that had gone out of control when I was twelve. Still don't know how.
32. What is your greatest regret?
...I should have stopped him from leaving. That is all.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Killed a man who probably didn't deserve it.
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
They never caught me, so I assume not.
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
Surrounded by jackals, spear broken. Luckily, I had my axe.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
Slipping and falling off that ridge in front of that cute Keeper girl. No idea where my helmet landed, either.
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
I think you could guess if you're paying attention.
38. What is your best memory?
C'rathi.
39. What is your worst memory?

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
Pessimistic.
41. What is your greatest fear?
I can't say for sure. Fear isn't something I think about.
42. What are your religious views?
Also not something I think about.
43. What are your political views?
Screw the Garleans. That's about it.
44. What are your views on sex?
Make it special, for the both of you.
45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
All the time. Acceptable, unacceptable, the line is always blurry.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Murder.
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
For some people.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Getting what you want out of it.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
Not very.
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
No. I am a paragon of decision making and logic. That was sarcasm.
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?
Several things. Like rape, or genocide, or door-to-door solicitation.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
My family, my friends, an innocent.

Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
Distantly. Some can get closer, but those are special.
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Right now, no one especially.
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Right now, no one especially.
56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.
No one I can name.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.
Not right now.
58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.
Love? I'm not sure...
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
Mellow, casual personality; not too high strung or high maintenance. Physically, a pretty face, trim waist, with nice hips is preferred.
60. How close are you to your family?
Recently, it's been hard getting back into contact with them. For the longest time, we were inseperable.
61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?
Not right now. I'm not old enough to settle down.
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
Myself.
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?
I prefer to do the protecting.
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
My family, mostly.
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
Hatred is a thing that should be let go.
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Avoidance. It's wasted energy, arguing.
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
No. Others can take the lead.
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?
No. It's just not what I'm used to.
69. Do you care what others think of you?
No.

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
I like to listen to the rain when it happens. Especially when I'm fishing. The fish are active in the rain.
71. What is your most treasured possession?
My bone hunting knife.
72. What is your favorite color?
I'm partial to gray. Dark gray.
73. What is your favorite food?
Meat.
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
I'm not good at reading.
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
Music is fun. Good cooking is as fun to do as it is to eat.
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?
I like a drink every once in a while. I only rarely smoke.
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Same as every day. Sleeping.
78. What makes you laugh?
Not much. Something about people falling off things, though.
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
Not much.
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
I'd do some night fishing, if it was too dangerous to hunt.
81. How do you deal with stress?
Kill whatever might be attacking me right then. That's when I feel stress.
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
Proper preparation prevents piss-poor performance.
83. What are your pet peeves?
Teeth grinding and handsy people.

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
Wake up. Bathe. Dress. Eat. Hunt. Eat. Fish (or go to town to shop). Eat. Fish. Bathe. Sleep.
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
Resourcefulness.
86. What is your greatest weakness?
Hesitation.
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I think I'm happy the way I am.
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Introverted.
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
Depends on the subject. If it isn't a tool or a weapon, I tend to let things go where they may.
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
Exploring
Fishing
Killing
Socializing
Forgetting
Math
91. Do you like yourself?
Yes. No. Both.
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
It pays well. It also lets me leave when I want to.
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
Bring down a beast that will make me remembered. Like a dragon, or a demon.
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
More or less where I am now.
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
In battle.
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
Enjoy a good meal. Sleep with a beautiful woman. Go home and say goodbye.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
My prowess as a hunter.
98. What three words best describe your personality?
Curt. Quiet. Sane.
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Rude. Strange. Reliable.
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)
"A'tarr."
What?
"Don't forget your pill bugs this time."
Oh. Thanks.

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Reginald - 10-20-2013

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - IncubusManatee - 10-21-2013

1.What is your full name? "Baer Reddicta"

2.Where and when were you born? "Limsa Lominsa, on a boat."
3.Who are/were your parents?  "Aiela Bloodhand was my mother."
4.Do you have any siblings? "Quite a few actually."
5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people. "I live on my own, near Costa Del Sol. I do have people come in now and again who need a place to stay."
6.What is your occupation? "Bartender, Boxer, Gladiator. Slew of other things, but mostly Bartender."
7.Write a full physical description of yourself. "Uhhhh. Tall. Broad. Ennnnh-red hair?" *Motions to the crimson hair atop his head.*
8.To which social class do you belong? "My own."
9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? "I'm getting older. So. That's a weakness, right?"
10. Are you right- or left-handed? "Right."
11. What does your voice sound like? "I would describe it as BOOMING!" *Begins laughing*
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? "Interesting."
13. What do you have in your pockets? "Nothing, usually." 
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? "I laugh a lot. Smile too much from what others say, and care too much about everyone. And that I can get moody. Fast."
15. How would you describe your childhood in general? "Crappy. Educational." 
16. What is your earliest memory? "Playing in the sand on the beach of an island somewhere off the coast." 
17. How much schooling have you had? "Barely any."
18. Did you enjoy school? "No. Not really." 
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? "My father. Taking random job's. Exploring. Finding. Reading when it suited me."
20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them. "I did not really have any role-models..."
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? "Well. We got along well. Most of the time."
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? "A great warrior."
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? "Fishing. Playing with the other kids when they weren't scared of me. Fighting in general. Use to pick fights with the older children. Liked a challenge. Rock climbing was another! The bluff's were perfect for that." 
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? "Hmmmm. Joy. Anger. Playfulness I assume." 
25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like? "No, I was not popular in a good way. Being the son of a Pirate, I didin't get along well with a lot of the other children. Few became my friends, but they are my friends-forevermore."
26. When and with whom was your first kiss? "She was a thug like I, fought in a tournament against her. For some reason she kissed me afterward. So. Hm."
27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? "It was a lass whom took fancy to me, sparked a quick relationship. Ended up on the beach for a few day's. Haven't seen her since." 
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. "Enh? Sorry. No. I am not any of that." 
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? "The realization of what I had become, and the loss of someone I cared for dearly."
30. Who has had the most influence on you? "A lady named Melany."
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? "Defeating my own demon's. Becoming a better person for all those around me."
32. What is your greatest regret? "Never telling someone how I felt. On multiple occasions."
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? "...Killed someone in cold blood."
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? "...Yes."
35. When was the time you were the most frightened? "Hrrrm.  Too many to say."
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? "Fell off a boat drunk and landed on a rock."
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? "There is so many to recount that, that I can't really pin one down over the other. If I could go back to the beginning of everything with what I know now-I would."
38. What is your best memory? "Meeting my friends. All of them. Those are my best memory's. I know you asked for one, but. I consider them all the best."
39. What is your worst memory? "I don't really want to talk about that."
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? "Optimistic!"
41. What is your greatest fear? "Failing those whom I care for."
42. What are your religious views? "Don't care. That's my views on it."
43. What are your political views? "Stay out of my way-view."
44. What are your views on sex? "Love it. Especially when making the other party enjoy themselves just as much as I do." 
45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? "Self defense. Protection of innocent's. Saving someones life. Judicial force should be used otherwise when regarding anything else."
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? "Betray someone. That is the worst you could do to someone. Break their trust and ruin them."
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? "Yes, I very much do. I am looking for mine once more." 
48. What do you believe makes a successful life? "If your happy, then your successful. Monetary worth doesn't measure success."
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? "I am an open book...mostly."
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? "Yes, I hate crabs. And idiots."
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it? "I would refuse orders from a leader, of basically anything. Or even boss. If I don't respect you-you won't get anything out of me." 
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? "Love. Friendship. I would die for those whom matter to me." 
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? "Politely. Almost constantly blunt. I like letting others see into my mind-so they never have to guess or wonder. Sure, there are some things I keep to myself, but I am mainly very straight forward."
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? "I have a lot of important people in my life. Some a bit more the others...there is one though that means a lot. Haven't told her yet."
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? "Aoelus. That crazy ass deserves some respect for the shit he's been through. And Y'vali. From what I heard...She's been through a lot too."
56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people. "I think the closest one to being a best friend is Aoelus and Christof. All of them are mainly equal."
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person. "I don't have one, but I am certainly looking!"
58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened. "Yes, and it...it was ecstasy for me. Everything was so bright. Beautiful. Never really believed it worked that way until it happened."
59. What do you look for in a potential lover? "Loyalty mainly. A strong personality." 
60. How close are you to your family? "Close to my brothers, sisters and mother. Not my father."
61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not? "No not yet." *Sighs*
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? "Hrrrm. Hard question...Probably Y'vali or Aoelus. Sue, A'kora or some of the others as well."
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why? "I don't expect that from anyone. If they choose to protect me or not is their choice."
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? "Don't know really..."
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? "Heh. Can't tell you that. Have some plans in mind for him." *Rubs hands together*
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? "I argue when it is appropriate. And avoid conflict when it is best to."
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? "Sometimes. Not very often."
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not? "Yes I love being around people. But I also like being alone or with just certain people in my mind. Reasons why? I like being able to socialize. And sometimes I just feel like relaxing with someone close to me."
69. Do you care what others think of you? "No not really."
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? "Carving stone figurines is one. Drinking is another. Practicing and training. Swimming. Rock climbing. Sleeping on the beach or resting on the sand in the sun."
71. What is your most treasured possession? "The bangles I wear. They belonged to someone who was very important to me."
72. What is your favorite color? "Blue!"
73. What is your favorite food? "Hrrrrmmm. Fish."
74. What, if anything, do you like to read? "I enjoy books that are factual, providing me information on a vast slew of subjects. Or they have to be about nothing real, stories mainly."
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? "Dancing. Singing. Music. Fighting. Not in that order though."
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit? "I drink. And I drink for effect."
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? "Usually at the bar, looking over the customers and serving them. When I manage to get time off, I like just chatting it up with my coworkers or friends."
78. What makes you laugh? "A lot of things. Love jokes to death."
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? "Not much actually. I do find it offensive when a man abuses a woman, or uses them. I have little patience for things like that."
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? "I would be working on my figurines. Which, I do already. Since I don't sleep all that well." *Laughs*
81. How do you deal with stress? "Sex, fighting-physical exertion in some way helps me. Or just speaking to someone close to me."
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? "Spontaneous! What better way to live then to just wake up one morning and shout 'Were going on a boat today!' or 'Were going fishin'!'"
83. What are your pet peeves? "When a customer asks me for the cheapest and best drink on the menu. Not being acknowledged in a conversation. And someone criticizing someone else's work, before looking at themselves."
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? "Get up, wash, prep. Eat. Go do whatever I wish until the evening-then watch over the bar for the night. If it get's altered, it doesn't affect me much. Such as if I am not needed at the bar-I go out and look for a good time. Or handle something that needs my attention."
85. What is your greatest strength as a person? "As with a lot of these introspective questions, I can't fully see myself as a person. So I believe my greatest strength is to get others to laugh."
86. What is your greatest weakness? "I can be extremely pushy when worried."
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? "Make myself a little less apt to worrying about certain things at any given moment."
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? "Extroverted."
89. Are you generally organized or messy? "Messy as all hell."
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. "Cooking, Mixing, Dancing. For the good things. And the bad things are; Sex, Fighting and Thinking." *Tone is playful at this point. Not at all serious* 
91. Do you like yourself? "Yes. Enough that I can live with myself everyday."
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) "I don't really adventure anymore. It'd a dangerous profession, mind you. I prefer the more relaxed lifestyle I have now. Part of me wishes I became a merchant at a young age, or a cook."
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? "To have a family, to have a home, and to enjoy the rest of my life."
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? "That's a good question that I have no good answer for right now. Things are very up in the air."
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? "In my sleep, hopefully next to someone I love." *Laughs gently.* "Though that may be rather gruesome for her. Would probably scare the living crap out of her at first. But I would want to be near the one I love when I die. However it may be."
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. "Tell everyone everything that comes to my mind, do as much as I could to help other's, and spend my last bit of time trying to have a get together on the beach one last time with all my friends. New and old."
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? "I don't have anything specific to be honest."
98. What three words best describe your personality? "Happy, Silly, Odd."
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? "No freaking clue. Probably; Crazy, Stupid, Annoying?"
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) "Procrastinator, get your ass in gear. You only got so much time, and if your not spending it well-then your failing! Your losing!" -Me 

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - K'dath - 10-23-2013

this exercise in futility is finally done, thank the makers.

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Karaan - 10-23-2013

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content
Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Dyani - 12-26-2013

I sort of love these thingies :3

(I tried to spoiler. I have no idea how xD)

Here is Lyr's IC responses!

1.What is your full name?

"Lyrielle Bellemonte." 

2.Where and when were you born?

"I...ahm, I don't really....know..."

3.Who are/were your parents?  

"I-I'm afraid I don't know that either..."

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

"Again, I am unsure..."

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

"At the moment, I am moving from place to place, though a little less than two moons ago I was living on the streets of Limsa Lominsa...why do you ask?"

6.What is your occupation?

"I don't have one at the moment, but I do weave some things on occasion for friends....they try to pay me for it, but I couldn't ask that of them." She shakes her head and laughs lightly.

7.Write a full physical description of yourself:

"Um...?" She looks confused, but goes along with it. "I...am fairly average in height and build....though I've heard myself described as waifish." She laughs. "Is...is that a compliment or...?" She shakes her head and continues. "I have light blonde hair....I typically tie it up in a ponytail...but I have bangs that hang down on either side of my face. I have blue eyes...I've often been told that I look very young...and I almost always have a blush to my cheeks..." She looks away, said blush deepening.

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

She shakes her head. "Not that I know of.....but I'm not really that good at fighting.....so..."

10. Are you right- or left-handed?

"I've never really paid attention to it, but I am right handed."

11. What does your voice sound like?

She tilts her head, puzzling at the question but mentioning nothing. "I....don't know how to describe it from my point of view..but other people have told me that it is higher pitched and soft...some people have told me that it is sweet sounding," she says, smiling and blushing, "but they could have just been flattering me." 

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?

"I smile a lot," she says, tilting her head and smiling. "And I've been told that I say 'ne' at the end of my sentences sometimes."

13. What do you have in your pockets?

She looks confused, but opens the pouches on her belt and removes a few folded slips of paper, a needle stuck into a spool of thread, a twisted piece of yarn, and a piece of blue beach glass. "I have this too," she says, pulling her Grimoire from her side.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

"My smiling has to get on people's nerves sometimes...I tilt my head a lot too. When I get nervous I tend to twist or wring my hands...and I tend to blink or blush when I'm surprised." 

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?

"I don't remember it, so...."

16. What is your earliest memory?

"My earliest memory...is from a little over two years ago. It was my...departure from Ul'dah, but it's not....a pleasant memory..." She frowns. "I apologize for being so vague."

17. How much schooling have you had?

"Though I am not sure of my schooling before I lost my memory, I was taught Arcanima as well as some arithmetic and language skills by...an old mentor...." She looks sad.

18. Did you enjoy school?

She looks up, smile and nodding, that sad look still there. "I did. I love books, and I used to stay up long into the night reading and translating old tomes..." She trails off with a happy faraway look.

"Though I was taught most of my 'formal' education and a beginning of Arcanima, I have mostly taught myself how to use Grimoires, as well as how to translate them. Translation of dead languages is a...talent that I have always had. I taught myself after my mentor...passed...how to use the power locked within the books."

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.

"I don't remember if if had any, but I'm sure I looked up to someone..."

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?

"I wish I could remember that..."

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

"...."

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?

She beings to look uncomfortable and slightly embarrassed at her lack of knowledge.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?

Her hands clasp in her lap, twisting in her silence.

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

She bites her lip, looking around.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?

She looks up, blushing deeply. "I-I..." She looks down, her cheeks bright pink. "I'm not sure....it's possible I've forgotten...if I even..."

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?

"...!" If the blush could get any deeper, it would now. "I...d-don't...Why do you want to know...?" She seems to lose her ability of speech.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

Her brows furrow. "What do you mean by 'supernatural,' exactly?" She tilts her head, thinking. "I have some...abilities, I suppose, but..." Her voice softens. "I don't really want to talk about them...is there anything else you'd like to ask me?"

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?

She thinks. "So far as I can remember....I'd say that it is the moment when I regained a lost memory."

30. Who has had the most influence on you?

She smiles. "A good friend of mine, Qata'to." She thinks some more. "Perhaps Salem as well....I think he's made me more mischeivious." She laughs lightly.

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

"I have done nothing special....but I hope that someday I will achieve something worth recounting."

32. What is your greatest regret?

"Forgetting...." She says, frowning, hands winding together.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

She looks down. "I hope that I have not done anything of the sort," she says softly. "But as of the moment, I do not know."

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?

She shakes her head. "I do not think so."

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?

She is silent for a moment and then speaks quietly. "I...was kidnapped recently by some...mages." Her hands fold together. "I'd rather not speak about that, either."

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?

She blushes brightly again and jumps, then hugs her arms to her chest and looks away. "I'd rather n-not speak about it..." She mumbles something about some woman and personal space.

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?

She looks down. "I would never have forgotten..." She says simply, with a small shrug.

38. What is your best memory?

She smiles sadly. "Of the few that I have...mm. The ones where I've met new people."

39. What is your worst memory?

"The fires in the desert...."

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?

She smiles. "I try to be optimistic."

41. What is your greatest fear?

"That...they will find me again." She looks up and shakes her head. "I'm sorry, I must not be making very much sense."

42. What are your religious views?

"I am fond of Nymeia, the Spinner...when I am weaving, I feel especially close to her. I suppose I can understand her the best..." She bites her lip. "Though...I believe that there are gods other than the Twelve, as well..."

43. What are your political views?

She shakes her head. "I don't really know much about these things..." She says. She lowers her voice and casts a nervous look around the room. "But I am afraid of the Syndicate."

44. What are your views on sex?

".....!" She blushes again. "I...I don't have any....really...do you have m-more questions?"

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

"I....don't think I would be able to," she says. "I don't think...I have the right. But if someone has to..." She trails off, apparently struggling with the idea.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?

"The most...evil...?" She thinks, apparently saddened by this topic. She shakes her head after a while. "I don't really want to think about it. There are...too many evil things in this world."

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?

"I...um....would like to..."

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?

"Having people around you....doing everything you can to help those around you. Being able to face down your demons, devote yourself to others...." She smiles. "Things like that."

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?

"I try to be as honest as I can and not hide anything....but sometimes I don't remember something, or sometimes I'm too afraid to say something..."

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

She shakes her head quickly, eyes wide, hands held out in front of her. "No, of course not! I try to work against things like that....though I'm predisposed to thinking that Lalafell are cute," she says, smiling and tilting her head.

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

"I don't want to hurt people," she says, quietly and seriously. "I don't want to cause anyone any pain..."

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

"I would die for my friends," she says, smiling softly. "Especially Qata'to."

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

"I try my best to be polite and kind to people. It makes me happy to make others happy." She smiles again. "When I get to know someone I tend to be less formal, and I tend to be slightly more relaxed....and more open to physical contact. I try not to touch people I have just met too much, in case it offends them."

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

She thinks. "I have many people who are important to me," she says after a while. "Though I'm not sure how important I am to them. Picking just one among them would be unfair..." She smiles.

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

"I respect many of my friends very much, although I've only just recently met most of them...especially Aedan, Qata'to, Sae, and Tobias...they're all very brave, and I respect them a lot, even if I worry about them a lot, too." She laughs lightly.

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.

"I have many friends that I've met along the way....Aedan was the first, he was especially kind to me when I was...sad. I met Qata'to long ago. He's very nice as well. He has a strong sense of justice, and is the hero type." She laughs. "He takes care of me often. There is Salem too, he's fairly laid back. He's nice to just relax around...Sae, too," she adds. She nods thoughtfully. "I hope that they think of me as kindly. I've met many other people too, some fairly recently, and I hope to become closer with them over time." She smiles, seeming at ease.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.

"I...no," she says, less embarrassed now but something bordering confused. "These are...terribly personal questions.....pardon me for saying so..."

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

"I don't know," she says softly. "I may have at some point, but if I was....I do not remember." She looks somewhat sad and her right hand folds as if holding onto something invisible.

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?

She looks up. "Uhm....I suppose...kindness. I'd like...a kind person." She smiles, laughing a bit. "They'd probably have to be fairly patient, I can probably be tiresome sometimes...."

60. How close are you to your family?

"I wish I knew," she says.

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

She shakes her head. "No. Someday, perhaps, but that would be far in the future."

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?

"Qata'to or Aedan. I have before...I know that they will be there for me. They're both very kind." She smiles gently.

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?

"I trust the ones I mentioned before..."

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?

"If you had asked me a moon or two ago...I would have said no one...but perhaps now some of my friends would..." She looks up. "Though I would wish them not to suffer."

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?

"The men who set the fires," she says quietly, as though ashamed of hating someone.

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

"I dislike arguing," she says softly. "I would rather let someone think I was wrong than argue with them....though if it was for their safety...I might stand up to them."

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

She laughs. "No, I tend not to. I do enjoy supporting people, however."

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?

"I generally do not mind large groups, and in fact find them to be quite entertaining." She laughs. "So long as they aren't a crowd. In large crowds of people....I tend to become quiet and withdraw to a calmer place."

69. Do you care what others think of you?

She nods. "I try very much to be nice to people. I would like...to be liked. It's selfish, but...You know?"

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

"I enjoy weaving and reading...as well as making small things. Look," she says, picking up a small slip of paper that she removed from her pocket earlier. She folds it carefully and precisely, until it is a tiny, detailed paper bird. She sets it back on the table and smiles brightly.

71. What is your most treasured possession?

"My book," she says, running her fingers over its filigreed cover. "It is the last thing I have from my mentor. The rest burned."

72. What is your favorite color?

"I am very fond of light shades of blue," she says. This is evident--her clothes are dyed an icy blue to match her eyes.

73. What is your favorite food?

"I love fruits. At the moment, it is tied between honeydew and rolanberries..."

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?

"Everything!" She says, smiling and leaning forward. "I love books. Well, really, I love stories! Learning new things, too," she says, smiling.

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?

"I like music a lot....I sing often. Reading is always a good constant. I like making things as a form of entertainment, too."

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?

She shakes her head. "No, no, no. Alcohol does not work well with me...often I cannot hold out for longer than one glass of wine. I black out easily." She blushes. "It is embarrassing...as for the others...I don't like the idea of not being in control of myself..."

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?

"Wandering about, mostly."

78. What makes you laugh?

"A lot of things," she laughs. "Funny stories are my favorites. I'm quite fond of people who tell jokes often. Though sometimes I laugh when I'm embarrassed, too."

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?

"Um...I try not to be offended at things, and understand them instead...violence scares me, sudden violence doubly so. I am afraid of fire, as well..."

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?

"I would read, most likely, or weave," she says. "Though if I was in the mood to I would probably go out and wander the city for a while."

81. How do you deal with stress?

"I try to deal with it by being reasonable and thinking about things step by step...but sometimes I get overwhelmed...especially when I have accidentally caused harm to someone." She laughs embarrassedly. "I don't often deal with it well...on a few occasions I've ended up crying. But I'd like to get better at that."

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?

"I tend to do what comes to me, though if logic is needed I try to apply it. Otherwise though, I like just going where life takes me."she smiles. "It's more fun that way, ne?"

83. What are your pet peeves?

"Mostly I irritate myself...when I say something out of turn, when I accidentally offend someone...but I don't like it when people are rude to others, especially to my friends."

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

"Typically, I just wander about. I spend days in the Ossuary sometimes, reading...I try to see people I know. Sometime I do errands." She tilts her head. "When it is disrupted...? Well, it's not a very strict routine...but when something does happen it is often something bad...I don't like it when those sorts of things happen...."

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?

"My....optimism, I suppose?" She smiles. "I suppose...I am enduring. Thought at some point that must become irritating to some people, ne?" She laughs.

86. What is your greatest weakness?

"My greatest weakness....it's probably my inability to remember...and that I am a weak fighter. Why do you ask?"

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

"Besides giving myself a complete memory? Let's see...I would like it if I were able to rely more on myself, so I could stop weighing others down."

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

"I am a strange mix between the two, I think," she says, laughing.

89. Are you generally organized or messy?

"I try to be organized, but..." She shrugs, shaking her head. "I can't always be." She smiles.

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

"I wouldn't say I'm very good at anything...b-but I am fairly skilled when it comes to making small things...and learning things on my own. I like to think that I am good at caring for others...or at least worrying about them." She laughs again. "I would say that I am bad at defending myself, and traveling on my own. I'm also fairly bad at recognizing when someone is teasing me," she laughs.

91. Do you like yourself?

"Generally," she says. "Although I wish that I was less of a burden."

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

"Really, I wander around just because I have to...sometimes to find a place to live, but...mostly to outrun...people. I try to tell people that I want to see the world and regain my memories, and that's true, but I tell them that mostly so that they won't worry."

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?

"I want...to be able to remember my life....mm."

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

"Hopefully, still alive...and somewhere nice, withh people who are close to me..."

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

"I don't want to die, but...if I had to, I want to die for someone I love. Or to spare someone else." She looks calm and serious. 

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

"I would say goodbye to the people I know...I would go to the sea. I would tell my friends not to worry." She looks away, out of the window. 

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

"It's selfish....but....I want to be remembered for being kind." She looks up sheepishly.

98. What three words best describe your personality?

"Hmm...probably....cheerful, calm...maybe spacey?"

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?

"Innocent....I've heard a few people call me cute, though I think they were just trying to be nice...though I appreciate their compliments...someone called me sweet, once," she laughs, smiling fondly.

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? 

Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry for beng so terrible to you xD

Just keep going! Don't be afraid to rely on others, but learn to take care of yourself. People can't walk you around everywhere. Keep trying! I promise I'll be less evil eventually!

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Ciel - 07-06-2014

My apologies in advance for reviving an old thread. I love these things.

1.What is your full name? Ciel Sauveterre.  What, dahling, you thought Wulfe was my family name?

2.Where and when were you born? Gridania.

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) Josseloux Sauveterre, a Wood Wailer, and Pienne Sauveterre, a Conjurer.

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like? I was an only child.

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people. All the world is my home, but I more or less live with the rest of my comrades in the Goblet.

6.What is your occupation? I'm a songstress of some modest talent.

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. A fair lady of an Elezen with snow white hair, leaf green eyes, and a pair of violet stars on her right cheek.  She favors pink and white as her colors, and carries a bow and a harp at all times.  Men oft have difficulty keeping their eyes up due to a lack of proper buttons on her shirt.

8.To which social class do you belong? Social classes imply division of people.  No, thank you.

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? Not so far as I'm aware, dahling. Cut me and I would bleed the same as anyone else.

10. Are you right- or left-handed? Right-handed.

11. What does your voice sound like? Have you not heard me sing?

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Everyone is 'dahling', unless proven otherwise.

13. What do you have in your pockets? I have pockets?

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Not so far as I'm aware.

15. How would you describe your childhood in general? I had a good childhood, and then I became a teenager.

16. What is your earliest memory? Sitting on father's shoulders and watching an archery demonstration just outside the Blue Badger gate.

17. How much schooling have you had? Enough to read and write, survive in the open, and make a living.  I've learned far more in history and tactics since first leaving out of Gridania.  Life, itself, has been the best teacher.

18. Did you enjoy school? Depends on which school you mean.  Conjury studies were terribly boring.

Here and there...

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them. No one in particular, though I truly was fascinated by the quivermen.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? Father was the stricter parent, but neither one was abusive. I loved them both.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? An archer, and mayhap to join the archer's guild.

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? Singing - surprise, dahling, really - reading, wandering the Twelveswood. These things have not changed.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? What child isn't too curious for their own good?  Or sassy?

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?  I had a few friends, enough to count on one hand, and I liked it that way.  I've lost touch with most of them, however.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss? 'Twas by the waterfall in the Central Shroud one eve after sunset.  I dare not speak his name.

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? Getting a tad personal now, but aye...

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.  *tilts her head whist thinking carefully* 'Tis a matter of opinion.  Some have called me remarkable for one reason or another, though I beg to differ.  There are things I cannot remember which likely did change me into who I am now.

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? 'Tis a difficult choice between losing him, and Carteneau.  Neither one was easy to take, but both were... influential.

30. Who has had the most influence on you? He who shall not be named.

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Surviving Carteneau... in some fashion or another.

32. What is your greatest regret? Failing to save so many lives because of my own fears.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? See above.

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? A matter of opinion... mayhap I should, but 'tis all in my own mind.

35. When was the time you were the most frightened? Losing him was only second to staring straight at the Calamity.

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? ...Having my swim bottoms stolen off of me at Costa del Sol by one Toff Vaughn...

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? Stop he who shall not be named from slaying the Berunda.

38. What is your best memory? The day he proposed, and gifted me with my coeurl kitten Mille Feuille.

39. What is your worst memory? You would have me repeat this again?  Losing him, Carteneau, and then learning of mother and fathers' deaths. Can we move on now?

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? Optimism has gotten me further than pessimism.

41. What is your greatest fear? Failing to help others who need it, allowing them to die when I can prevent it.

42. What are your religious views? I consider myself a very pious person. Spend enough time wandering and you will see the works of the gods.

43. What are your political views? Politics has no bearing on how I live my life.

44. What are your views on sex? All things in time.

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? Aye, only if I must.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? Willfully and deliberately harm a child.

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? 'Tis a fine romantic idea, is it not?  I would be no kind of bard if I didn't.

48. What do you believe makes a successful life? Life is what you make of it.  Some measure success on riches, others measure success in their own personal joy, regardless of the former. So long as I can pass on knowing I've saved more lives than I've failed, I would consider that a success.

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? Depends on the subject in question.  I consider myself an honest person, but there are times when 'tis better to say little or nothing.

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? None, or so I try to have none.  Bias and prejudice are born of ignorance. Mine is to understand, not to judge.  Sometimes this is difficult.

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it? Manderville dance whilst wearing one of those unsightly reindeer suits.

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? Too many to name, dahling. Suffice it to say I would.

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?  I treat all others with respect and politeness unless they show themselves to be unworthy.  This is rare.

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? For me, personally, the one closest to my heart.  But everyone is in some way important.

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? 'Tis hard to name just one.  Let me think on it.

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people. I have many friends, but my best friend is Mille Feuille.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person. Jandelaine Hainaut is the one closest to my heart.  Not to be confused with the Aesthetician.  We are not wed.

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened. Aye.  Let us leave it at that.

59. What do you look for in a potential lover? I cannot say I actively 'look' for anything.  Sometimes one may think they know what they want, and then someone surprises them.  Still, it helps if one is also Elezen.

60. How close are you to your family?  In terms of blood, mother and father have both passed on.  But family is not always determined by blood.  Some of my comrades are like family, albeit a strange one.

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not? One day, mayhap.

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? I admit to being terrible about asking for help with anything.  I don't know who I would ask, and I would just as soon not involve anyone else in my problems lest they get hurt for my sake.

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why? *grimaces*  Trusting someone to protect me feels like weakness on my part, as if I cannot handle myself.

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? Jandelaine, I assume.  As for others...?

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? Hatred is a slippery slope which leads to regret.

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I prefer to avoid conflict if I can, and try to resolve matters peacefully. 

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? If I must.

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not? It all depends on the crowd.  As a songstress, I needs must interact with my audience, otherwise I try to keep my encounters small.

69. Do you care what others think of you? Most claim they don't care, but 'tis better to take another's opinions under advisement and move on. 

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?  Singing, archery, and playing in the dirt, be it planting flowers or searching for gems.

71. What is your most treasured possession? My coeurl, Mille Feuille.

72. What is your favorite color? *looks at herself* Is it not obvious?  Pink, and varying shades of purple.

73. What is your favorite food? Mother Miounne's eel pie.

74. What, if anything, do you like to read? Poetry, of course, and any stories I can get my hands on.  Sometimes history.

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? I love a good tale, told or written, and I admire the efforts of other musicians.

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit? I drink very little, and lightly, and I have no desire to touch the other things.

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? The last sun out of seven is like any other.  There is no shortage of work to be done, but one must take a sun to rest and play now and then.

78. What makes you laugh? A funny tale, teasing others.  The latter, I shouldn't, but some deserve it.

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? Why anyone would harm an innocent for their own twisted pleasure is beyond me. There are enough problems in the world.

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? Try to write some verses, or step outside and play my harp while getting some fresh air.

81. How do you deal with stress? Walk away.

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? Depending on the situation, spontaneity can be fun, but a well laid plan could be made to look spontaneous. Sometimes this can be much more fun.

83. What are your pet peeves? Having it assumed that I need to be protected, as it implies weakness.  I may look delicate, dahling, but I assure you I haven't survived this long by being some back-line shrinking violet.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? Wake up, bathe if facilities are available, eat breakfast, do what must be done.  If the routine is disrupted, it makes little difference.  Take care of the disruption and return to routine when you can.

85. What is your greatest strength as a person? Compassion.

86. What is your greatest weakness? Not knowing how to ask for help if I need it.  Mayhap there is still some lingering thread of Elezen pride which hinders this.

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why would I change anything?

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted.  What sort of songstress would I be if I shied away from the stage?

89. Are you generally organized or messy? This changes from one day to the next, but I try to remain organized.

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. In no particular order - Good: Singing, caring for others, hunting.  Bad: Conjury, keeping people alive, worrying that I will fail.

91. Do you like yourself? I should hope so, dahling.

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) 'Tis for me to know, I would rather not talk about it.

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? Wander the entire world.  There is so much more beyond the reaches of Eorzea.

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully not missing anymore time between now and then... I would like to start a family of my own one day.

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? My life for the sake of another's.  How does not matter, just let it be quick.

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. Write one last song, make love, and walk into the depths of the Twelveswood one last time.

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My music, and a poorly buttoned top.

98. What three words best describe your personality? Friendly, gentle, cautious.

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? I've been called wise, serene, and kind.

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) You have a tendency to dwell on the past, even though it's made you who you are.  Learn to let go and move forward.

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Vash - 08-06-2014

(07-06-2014, 11:02 AM)Ciel Wrote: My apologies in advance for reviving an old thread. I love these things.
No problem! I love reading what people post on this! It's great to see all the diversity and creativity of peoples characters! Thumbsup

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Faye - 08-07-2014

I'm gonna consider this written like a journal entry, as I will answer things with more truth/detail here than Faye would talking to just about anyone, but will still skirt over any major spoilers Faye probably wouldn't even write in her own diary for fear of someone discovering it.

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Val - 08-07-2014

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Dasair - 11-03-2014

So I'm a turd and might edit this post in pieces when I get more of these done, but I am totally necromancing this thread.  Mainly because I like these things, and they're fun to take as in-character questions.  I'm only finished with the first part so far (I've barely played this guy yet, I have to leave some surprises), and was initially only going to keep it to myself, but I figured I may as well toss it up somewhere. (And maybe get more people to do the whole thing, these are fun to read too~)  

Here is an introduction to a nerd, presented in a verbose fashion.

Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Castus Allard - 01-09-2015

The wiry, sun baked midlander slowly enters the room after being assured this wasn't some sort of attempt at an arrest. After taking his seat at the interview table, he begins looking around the room with quick, simple eye movements, he looks as if he were looking for the quickest way to flee if need be.

1.What is your full name? -Gives the interviewer a hard glare- "Castus Allard."

2.Where and when were you born? "Ala Mhigo, tha propper one, not that sand pit."

3.Who are/were your parents? -winces slightly- "Aldric Allard, he never told me who my mother was, but i assume she's dead, like he is now."

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like? "No clue, maybe...tha old man was very keen ta leave some sort'a legacy."

5.Where do you live now, and with whom? "I've a few 'omes, one's a cave, another's a particular tree i fancy as being particularly comfortable  but i mostly stay with a, Ms. Ambreaus in tha Lavender beds, just outside Gridania. S'a nice enough place, very cozy."

6.What is your occupation? "Ehhhh, s'not so easy ta classify." -he ponders the question for a moment- "I do a menagerie a different jobs, but I'd say monster 'unter'd be tha most frequent, simplest ta identify." 

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  -looks down at himself, and then back at the interviewer- "Wha- Nevermind. I'm roughly six fulms, three ilms, hundred eighty ponze. I'm a dirt blonde, grey eyed, hyur. I can't count tha number'a scars scars i 'ave without disrobin 'ere, so i'll save ya tha trouble an just mention my favorites, a nice set'a claw marks from a behemoth from my navel, down past my pelvis, and endin mid thigh, a large nasty one on my left forearm where a boardin lance went through my gauntlet, a nice vertical slice on my left shoulder where a crazed axeman thought ta take my arm, an a..."- he pulls up his thread bare undershirt to reveal a large patch of scar tissue where his left nipple should be "Barbed arrow...took all tha skin with it when we pulled it out."- he drops his shirt back down and crosses his arms over his chest in a protective manner.- "I usually wear light clothes when I'm off duty, kecks, breaches, tunics, espadrilles, heavier bits when i know i'll need tha protection." 

8.To which social class do you belong? "The, more transient type i suppose. Never had much use in tyin myself down."

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? "Sometimes i let my emotions run hot, it clouds my judgement, I'm gettin better about it. That and...sweets."

10. Are you right- or left-handed? "Ambidextrous, tha old man wouldn't stand fer me bein just a leftie, if ya lose that hand in tha field you'll be useless, he used ta say. So i use em both."

11. What does your voice sound like? -clears his throat awkwardly and purses his lips slightly- "Average? Slightly clipped tones, i...don't really know how ta describe my voice ta you."

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? "I don't 'ave a catch phrase or anythin like that, if that's what yer askin."

13. What do you have in your pockets? - leans back in his chair and begins rummaging around in the pockets of his breaches- "Cobalt flask" -gives it a quick shake- "Half full, maybe twenty gil, some wood shavins, a...biscuit fer my mutt...shite he'll be hungry 'bout now."

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining

characteristics? "I enjoy quiet, crowds set me on edge, more people ta watch. I also prefer tha wilds, nature, to cities or towns."

15. How would you describe your childhood in general? -his face tightens up, a scowl spreading across his features- "Militaristic."

16. What is your earliest memory? "My father making me kill a rabbit I'd found while fetching water."

17. How much schooling have you had? "No formal schoolin, none'a that."

18. Did you enjoy school? "Guess we'll never know, will we."

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? "My father, a few hands from tha merc company he ran."

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them. -His scowl is replaced by a soft, nostalgic smile "Skirc Fanol, i wished, in my most private dreams, that he was my father. He was smart, funny, kind, an a dervish. He was untouchable in battle, passing through enemies as easily as tha wind passes a wheat field. This one time..." his smile fades slightly "Him, and a woman my father kept around tha camp, her name was Shana. She was a nice elezen woman, she wasn't around fer long, but her smile was always so pretty."

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? "Tha father bein my only blood family, we got on like any master and slave would, with violence and submissive acceptance. Some'a tha members of tha company were nice enough though, like Skirc. They looked after me because i was their boss' kid, but some'a them treated me like a younger brother, it was a nice diversion sometimes." 

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? "I was taught to want to be strong and tough, but as a child i wished to be safe and happy."

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? "Listening to tha stories the men told aroun tha fire, or gettin free time ta explore around tha camps. I loved ta sit in the woods and look up though the canopy, still do."

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? "An inquisitive nature, and a slight defiant streak, that refused ta be quelled despite tha beatings."

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like? "Only tha fore mentioned mercs, there weren't other children in tha company, and i wasn't permitted ta play with other children when we stopped at towns."

26. When and with whom was your first kiss? -blushes ever so slightly- "That's private."

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? -the blush deepens another shade- "Again, private information."

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you

became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. "Mostly normal I'd say, I've been told i possess a rather large reservoir of personal aether. I'd say my fathers upbringing molded my field of work, fer tha most part."

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? "That a a very hard question ta answer... but if i had ta narrow it down, I'd say my fathers death, and joining Misericorde."

30. Who has had the most influence on you? "Positive, or negative? Skirc Fanol was a positive, my father as a negative."

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? "Survivin."

32. What is your greatest regret? "Tryin ta pick one's like tryin ta count tha grains of sand in Eorzea, my current greatest regret is stayin this long..."

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? "I believe i'll take a pass on that question."

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? "I'll not incriminate myself with such information, go ask tha Brass Blades, or tha Yellow Jackets if yer so interested."

35. When was the time you were the most frightened? "Every day i wake up and panic that the things I've accomplished, or the happiness I've managed ta scrape tagether is some sort of fever dream I haven't woken up from yet."

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? "Bein ambushed and chained under a dock in Limsa by a couple recruits."

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? "If i went 'round changin things, who knows what tha now'd end up like? I'll keep it tha way it is, misery an all."

38. What is your best memory? "I believe that'll fall into tha none'a yer damn business category."

39. What is your worst memory? "Tha first time Aldric introduced me to negative reinforcement, he liked ta use a blunted short sword."

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? "I'm a realist."

41. What is your greatest fear? "I'll keep tha real one a secret, lest you try an use it against me later, but Tonberries give me tha willies. Those soulless, dead, eyes." -he gives an exaggerated  shutter for dramatic effect."

42. What are your religious views? "I think i used ta believe in Oschon, now i believe in tha wind, just tha wind with its infinite destinations and lessons."

43. What are your political views? "I'll leave that to those that actually care for such things, leave me be and I'll leave you be. Good enough."

44. What are your views on sex? "Private, yours?"

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or

unacceptable? "Aye, killing is a natural part of our world, the strong kill, the weak are killed. I suppose killing children would be difficult fer me."

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? "I'll let ya know when I've seen it, there are all sorts'a evil."

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? "I'd like ta, but we'll see."

48. What do you believe makes a successful life? "Surviving despite all tha odds bein stacked against you."

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? "I'll admit I've a more public face, an a face fer friends. With certain people i can afford ta let my guard down a little an relax."

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? "I prefer strawberries ta blueberries."

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it? -shrugs- "I'll never be a research subject again, that was pretty terrible."

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? "Issac Jacobi, and a certain red head."

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance,

etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? "I'll give anyone a fair shake tha first time, even if it looks like I'm set ta scowl tha whole time, after a first impression, it's hard ta forget if a person was decent or a complete bag'a shite, so tha next encounter, if there even is one, will be effected."

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? "She knows, and that's good enough."

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? "I respect captain Jacobi fer his ideals and determination ta see them through, despite tha road it takes him."

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people. "I'm not sure if i should count them as friends or simply acquaintances, but tha hand full of people i spend a decent amount'a time with would probably be, That damn clod, Jeris Guillford, his woman Syl, tha Elezen pair of Clem and Armie, young Edward Calloway," -grunts out the name- "and Vash Ashford. I'd consider Xenedra and Jeris best friends, despite a more intimate relationship with one and a more antagonistic sibling relationship with tha other."

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person. "Ms. Ambreaus, and i believe she needs no introduction from me."

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened. -purses his lips slightly, the slight pink reappearing on his cheeks- "It's...hard ta explain, or i just don't know how ta explain it, either way it happened."

59. What do you look for in a potential lover? "I'd never really thought about it, or even havin a lover until recently, still don't know, just know what i found."

60. How close are you to your family? "As close as i can be ta corpses, or missing persons."

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why

or why not? "Twelve man, yer certainly plumbin tha depths fer personal information. No, and i don't know."

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? "Probably Xenedra, then Jeris if it was somethin i didn't want ta worry her with."

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why? "Once again, probably Xen or Jeris, and not so much ta protect me, maybe just ta watch my back."

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? "Hopefully someone, it'd be pretty pathetic, ta not be missed by anyone."

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? "My father, and the reasons are legion, but there's no need to speak ill of tha dead."

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? "Depends on tha situation, I've certainly been known ta foster both approaches." 

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? "If no other clear leadership emerges, and it is within my comprehension, then certainly."

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not? "Twelve no, far too many people to keep track of. Much easier to deal with a small group, with larger ones i tend to sit on tha outskirts to watch and listen."

69. Do you care what others think of you? "Not particularly."

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? "I've always been decent at carpentry, so i whittle a bit in my spare time. I've also taken to drawing rather well, i mostly use a charcoal pencil. Also, simply enjoying tha sounds of nature, that's been a favorite fer as long as i can remember."

71. What is your most treasured possession? "A small art supply set, I'm loath to use it, despite its obvious purpose."

72. What is your favorite color? "I'm a fan of blues, reds, oranges, purples, black, i suppose i like color in general. If everything was dim, or black and white, it would be much less enjoyable to look at."

73. What is your favorite food? "Any type of fresh fruit, also...sweats."

74. What, if anything, do you like to read? "I mostly read tomes and manuals regarding lore, tactics, and training mostly."

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? "I love music, music that evokes good imagery, or soothes tha soul are my favorite."

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit? "I have a love for the liquor, and no, i believe I'll continue to indulge."

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? "Depends very much on the company, but drinking, a leisurely hike, stayin in an readin."

78. What makes you laugh? "...Things? I don't rightly know mate, just things, maybe even tha same things as you."

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? "Extremely little."

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse

yourself? "Run, work out till my whole body aches."

81. How do you deal with stress? "Run, work out till my whole body aches."

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? "Plans are nice ta 'ave, but bein able ta roll with tha punches is far more important."

83. What are your pet peeves? "Overconfidence, people who claim ta be so amazin it's as if tha twelve shat them into existence fer our benefit." 

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? "This sounds like what someone would ask if they were tryin ta set someone up ta be assassinated...I run in tha mornin with my mutt, then i come 'ome and figure it out from there. I can miss out on my run an be fine."

85. What is your greatest strength as a person? "Tenacity, resourcefulness, dependability."

86. What is your greatest weakness? "A sometimes extreme fixation on certain details of a mission or job."

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? "I'm fine with how i am."

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? "I'd say introverted, but I've had my moments of bein an extrovert."

89. Are you generally organized or messy? "S'not messy ta me, i know where every nut an bolt is, an should go."

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. "Tha good bits would probably be, Fightin, drinkin, and trackin people. Bad bits would be, expressin emotion, knitting, and smiling."

91. Do you like yourself? "Not usually, that might be Aldrics fault."

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things

that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you

tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) "Aside from a way ta pay tha bills, it just feels like where tha wind blows me. Seeing interestin places, explorin, flitting about like a leaf caught on tha breeze." 

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? "Every day ya wake up is an accomplishment."

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? "That very much depends on current events, but it may very well involve a boat and more adventure far away."

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? "Originally i thought i wanted ta die gloriously, not for anyone else, just dieing in a battle against something thought to be insurmountable fer a single man to defeat. Now though, I'm not so sure." 

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time

you had left. "Tell my significant other they mean the world to me, and then probably leave to look for that glorious death."  

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? "That i was someone you could trust, or someone you shouldn't cross."

98. What three words best describe your personality? "Grumpy, carefree, flighty."

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? "Grumpy, drunk, fighty."

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) "Don't be so afraid all the time, it'll work out, so put your head down and press on. Also, don't try so hard to isolate yourself."

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Moonlit - 01-10-2015

I posted it to her tumblr where it shall stay because it's weirdly glitching out for me trying to transfer it here D:

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Ruran - 01-18-2015

... This thing was a beast. "Oh, 100 questions? Pff, easy." Nope. NOPE.

"Oh, an interview? Of...of me? Truly? I mean—sure, yes, of course! Is it...sh-should I sit down? ...I should? All right..."

He took a seat at the table, glancing about with a bit of nervousness in his brow. Very occasionally, his right hand would twitch in his lap. Smiling to muster up confidence, his bright turquoise eyes looked back.

"Right. So. What is it..that you would like to ask me?"

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

RE: 100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character - Dante Abigor - 01-19-2015

100 QUESTIONS (I almost lost my soul doing this)

Show Content