Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character banners - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character banners (/showthread.php?tid=2816)

Pages: 1 2

Character banners - lady2beetle - 07-15-2013

I'm not sure which forum this should go into... forgive me if I got it wrong.

I was curious, where do you guys get the character banners in your signatures? I've seen some of them and they are gorgeous!

RE: Character banners - Nox - 07-15-2013

Most people make them. I would have one of X'Sato if I could screen cap off my ps3 (or had more custom art), but sadly... I can't. I know Lauren made a few.

RE: Character banners - rynsan - 07-15-2013

(07-15-2013, 03:37 PM)Nox Wrote: Most people make them. I would have one of X'Sato if I could screen cap off my ps3 (or had more custom art), but sadly... I can't. I know Lauren made a few.

Nox, do you only play on PS3? Next time give us a bell and we can screencap for you Big Grin

RE: Character banners - Nox - 07-15-2013

(07-15-2013, 04:11 PM)youngwoon Wrote:
(07-15-2013, 03:37 PM)Nox Wrote: Most people make them. I would have one of X'Sato if I could screen cap off my ps3 (or had more custom art), but sadly... I can't. I know Lauren made a few.

Nox, do you only play on PS3? Next time give us a bell and we can screencap for you Big Grin

Yeah, I only play on ps3. My desktop is old and a piece of shit for online play (I maxed my ping on LoL at... like 6000) and my laptop... well, I use my laptop for skype and stuff. It can't really handle graphically intensive games. I'd like to build a rig, but they're so expensive.

RE: Character banners - Clover - 07-15-2013

I made my bad banner myself, but I'm hopeful to get a better one in the future (>_<;
I envy people who are good at this!

RE: Character banners - Jijinji - 07-16-2013

(07-15-2013, 03:34 PM)lady2beetle Wrote: I'm not sure which forum this should go into... forgive me if I got it wrong.

I was curious, where do you guys get the character banners in your signatures? I've seen some of them and they are gorgeous!

I or many others here can make you one just need references and what you would like. I like making these things, it's fun and helps me improve.

RE: Character banners - Rhenalyrr - 07-16-2013

I can always try a hand at making a little signature banner it may take me a couple tries to make it to someones liking and it probably won't be super, super detailed but I can do the basics till I figure out all the tools with it. Practice will only make it better after all right?Moogle

RE: Character banners - Nova - 07-16-2013

I also make my banner, mostly when I get bored and need something to do. Not nearly as good as some of the banners here, Big Grin But I would very much enjoy making a banner for you if you like.

RE: Character banners - LeCard - 07-16-2013

Speaking of banners, it is something I have wondered about a long time and just never had the spot to ask. What software do you use/ prefer to use for making banners? Getting on this site I see so many beautiful character pictures that it has caused me to start sketching again (damn i got rusty) and eventually I would like to get into making a few pictures of Rogier (and once I get some nice ones on the computer a banner or two).

RE: Character banners - Rhenalyrr - 07-16-2013

I generally use Photoshop to edit it all together or do special editing. I have heard of some other sites/programs around that can produce things but doesn't have all the different things you can play and experiment with. But I just don't know any off the top of my head.

RE: Character banners - Nova - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 04:10 AM)LeCard Wrote: Speaking of banners, it is something I have wondered about a long time and just never had the spot to ask. What software do you use/ prefer to use for making banners? Getting on this site I see so many beautiful character pictures that it has caused me to start sketching again (damn i got rusty) and eventually I would like to get into making a few pictures of Rogier (and once I get some nice ones on the computer a banner or two).

I personally use Daz Studio and PaintNet to do mine. I am currently taking a class on Photoshop so I might start using that. But at the moment just Daz and PaintNet.

RE: Character banners - Jijinji - 07-16-2013

I was able to pick up PhotoShop CS5 for cheap so I roll with that. There is also GIMP or Paint.NET

RE: Character banners - Aduu Avagnar - 07-16-2013

GIMP 2 is what I used for mine, open source goodness.

though my sig itself isn't great XD

RE: Character banners - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-16-2013

Photoshop for mine.  But its not great. Have ideas in the head that I don't know how to create.  Really need to practice.

(07-15-2013, 04:53 PM)Clover Wrote: I made my bad banner myself, but I'm hopeful to get a better one in the future (>_<;
I envy people who are good at this!
I really like yours, its simple but really striking.

RE: Character banners - Asyria - 07-16-2013

That reminds me I should do banners for mine... but I got like... 4 characters right now. T_T
Anyways, it's not very hard. Just a bit of photoshopping. Like copy/paste through layers, add text box, that kinda stuff. Some people can do more though!