Hydaelyn Role-Players
Conventions! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Conventions! (/showthread.php?tid=2856)

Pages: 1 2

Conventions! - Tyriont - 07-16-2013

I went to RTX about a week ago to advertise for the podcast I work with and I'm going to be at Dragon*Con this year doing much the same thing (as well as fanboying over Jim Butcher). So I figured it might be cool to see if anyone else is going to be hitting any conventions and possibly organize some meetups.

Feel free to threadjack for any other cons (SDCC, PAX etc) for similar purposes. But my initial mindset is - anyone else from the RPC going to be at Dragon*Con this year?

RE: Conventions! - Nox - 07-16-2013

Not going to Dragon Con, sadly. I will be hitting up Mechacon in New Orleans, though. Maybe I'm the only Louisiana boy?

RE: Conventions! - Torn Sky - 07-16-2013

Not Dragon*Con, but I'll be at Metrocon in Florida at the end of this month. I also go to Megacon and Holiday Matsuri in Orlando when they come around, as well as whatever else I can make time for. (We have a ton of small to mid-sized anime/comic/gaming conventions year round.)

RE: Conventions! - Abaigeal - 07-16-2013

Oh joy~!

I was going to go to Dragon*Con. but i tend to stay local to my area and hit up the Gaming Cons and the Anime cons such as  

MAGFest-(music and game fest in Jan) (national harbor, MD)
Katsucon- (Anime/gaming /Japanese related con- Feb) (national harbor,MD)
Anime Mid Atlantic (Anime/gaming/japanese related con- June) (Chesapeake, VA)
I traded Dragon*Con for Oni-Con (Anime/game/ japanese related con-Oct) (Galva-something , TX)
Nekocon-(Anime/game con- Nov)(Hampton, VA)

I actually wore RSE Abai at AMA this year!! ANd plan to make a few other. Of course that mean I also need to Prod Xenedra, Alothia and Kass into doing something with me for NEKO as they also worse thier characters at AMA!

RE: Conventions! - Jijinji - 07-16-2013

I live pretty close to Rural America so there aren't really any conventions to go to sadly. I also can't afford to go out of my way to attend all the conventions I want to attend so badly. Sad I would love to attend Dragon*Con if I could though. All we have here is Ikasucon (which isn't really that great) and it just finished a few days ago.

RE: Conventions! - Aysun - 07-16-2013

I too am in middle-of-nowhere Midwest so um. Not really many cons here. I'm shy as hell too so I'd have to go with people. But ugh I'd love to cosplay some XIV nerdiness with you Abai if I could haha.

RE: Conventions! - Merri - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 06:28 PM)Abaigeal Wrote:  

I actually wore RSE Abai at AMA this year!! ANd plan to make a few other. Of course that mean I also need to Prod Xenedra, Alothia and Kass into doing something with me for NEKO as they also worse thier characters at AMA!

I see how it is. Don't want my Warriorness.

In most cases I'll likely be at whatever Abai is at. If I can afford to go and/or have the time.

RE: Conventions! - Xha'li Moui - 07-16-2013

Only con I go to is PortCon up in Portland, Maine.  While it has a daily cap of 2000 people due to convention center limitations it IS one of the oldest in the area, this year being it's 12th anniversary.

RE: Conventions! - FreelanceWizard - 07-16-2013

I'm a regular at MidSouthCon in Memphis, TN. It's an SF/gaming con that usually lands about 3000 people these days and is on its 32nd year. For the last two years, I ran the Vampire: the Masquerade LARP at it, though I think I'm going to pass on that this year (it's expensive and time-consuming, so I basically get to do that and nothing else at the con when I run it Sad ).

But hey, if anyone's in town for it, let me know and we'll meet up. I love dragging people out to dinner or to impromptu, off-the-cuff runs of games. Smile

EDIT: In terms of other cons, I've gone to GenCon a few times, though I'm not sure I'm too interested in that any more as video games have gotten more involved. Dragon*Con is something that, much like Comic-Con, I've been meaning to go to one of these days, but those days won't be this year. Smile

RE: Conventions! - Abaigeal - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 09:11 PM)Aysun Wrote: I too am in middle-of-nowhere Midwest so um. Not really many cons here. I'm shy as hell too so I'd have to go with people. But ugh I'd love to cosplay some XIV nerdiness with you Abai if I could haha.
WE SO SHOULD!!! It would be a blast~!! Someday~!

(07-16-2013, 09:34 PM)Merri Wrote: I see how it is. Don't want my Warriorness.

In most cases I'll likely be at whatever Abai is at. If I can afford to go and/or have the time.

Wouldnt want to show you up~! I mean ♥--

RE: Conventions! - Martiallais - 07-16-2013

I won't be at Dragon*Con this time around but considering that I'm moving next month, I'll be in position to go possibly next year.

I am however making plans to go with some friends to Megacon next time it swings around so....who knows, maybe we can get some RPC hanging out going there.

RE: Conventions! - Gideon Aryeh - 07-16-2013

I'm almost always at the Nyc comic con

RE: Conventions! - Kyouri - 07-16-2013

I've been going to conventions in central FL since 2000-2001. I tend to hit up at least a few every year. I suppose the next one I'll be at is AFO for sure.

RE: Conventions! - Sapphos - 07-17-2013

I'm going to try and go to Dragon*Con again if I can scrounge up the cash.
I already have some costumes ready!

RE: Conventions! - Maeve - 07-17-2013

I'm jealous. We only have a small con here in Australia called Supanova Sad Its not the same...