Hydaelyn Role-Players
Saefinn - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Saefinn (/showthread.php?tid=2874)

Saefinn - Saefinn - 07-17-2013

I. Basic Info

• Characters:Saefinn Liljasson, Lenunu Lenu, Rhuya Nelhah

• Primary character:Saefinn Liljasson

• Linkshells:Pirates of Eorzea (working title)

• Primary RP linkshell:Pirates of Eorzea

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Medium role play. I like being in character, though I've not done a lot of RPing, so I would say I'm inexperienced, however, when I have done it, I've been in character half the time. I think as you're not only playing with people's characters, but real people too it can be good to get some OOC chat in, get to know real people and discuss content OOC.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

I think RP combat is something difficult to do realistically, but I think it should work how it works in the game world. I've never seen a mandragora break somebody's leg, so I don't think an RP battle should involve severed limbs and things that are generally difficult or impossible to replicate in gameplay. I suppose if somebody has an injury it could affect how well they fight in PvE battles, so the tank who limps over to the Ifrit murderifying a poor White Mage. But I think if it's going to affect battles outside of RP-PvP, I think those involved should agree to it OOC, otherwise it could spoil other people's fun. Still, I think it would create an interesting challenge in a fight. However, enfeeblements are generally curable. Also, please, no god moding. Smile

• Views on IC romance:

I think it should go as far as players want to. I personally don't want to see people cybering it up. I don't think it's something people should get too serious about because IC romance is rarely real romance (rarely because I suspect real couples might do it). IC romance can be fun and it might be something your character might get involved in just a people can be romantic. In terms of fun, our linkshell on FFXI had a gay wedding between me and another guy, because we often joked about in LS chat. Though there was no actual romance (I'm straight for a start), but it was a great gathering and about the only RP thing my LS did and it was fun. It got people together and heck, I even got some pretty sweet wedding gifts.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

Specifically to family ties I think it can add to the depth, if players have an agreed family history, it'd work. Like on SW:TOR with the legacy system I created a family tree based on various relationships and story surrounding it to justify my selections. There were some rivals involved too. Of course these characters never meet, however, between individual players, I see no harm in being related, but I think some of the content needs to be agreed as I think family history is something more difficult to wing in conversation. Having said that, something spontaneous might be entertaining, so if need be, get creative! With other RP, I take the view that you should try to make it reflective of reality as much as you can - at least the reality of the game. So culture, lore, language, prejudices and various other attitudes. So I am a Pirate Captain doing slightly more honourable work, I encounter a highly lawful Paladin, that Paladin is most likely going to look down on me and have very severe trust issues - he's going to see through my honourable facade and know that my motivation is money, as I am a no good criminal. Of course that allows him to underestimate me if I am actually looking to reconcile for my past crimes or to find out that I'm actually an honourable pirate.

• Views on lore:

I'm all for creativity, but I think detracting from lore can lose some of the immersion a bit. I mean, say, if you decided to create a Sephiroth and were attempting some kind of interdimensional plot inspired by Kingdom Hearts then it wouldn't work because Eorzea isn't a part of that universe. You could probably have a character who draws inspiration from Sephiroth, but your roleplay would need to be within the lore of the game. But I'm not a tyrant, people will make mistakes on lore and I think it's okay and rather than berating people, I think it's much better to be constructive about it. I don't know a lot about the lore myself yet, but we've all got to start somewhere. Smile

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

With regards to chat functions, I think SE has done a good job working /linkshell into lore, you can see characters in game actually using a linkshell. This I think is very helpful. /sh might be the difficult one because you'll need a big pair of lungs if IC, but even then I'm personally not fussy about it. Chat functions are there to make your life easier. As far as OOC/IC goes, I think it depends on what people agree to. /sh would be OOC in my eyes. LS/FC I think is safe for OOC and IC, but depends on what people agree to. Again I'm not fussy.

III. Other Info

• Timezone:GMT

• Contact info:bryn.price[at]live.co.uk

RE: Saefinn - Saefinn - 07-18-2013

Stole this from another thread, it has helped me flesh out my character.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

[edit]
The family name.

The Liljasson name is not traditionally Miqo'Te and is perhaps best associated with Roegadyns. Liljasson is not the family's traditional name. It relates to Saefinn's grandfather, R'uhanu Tia, who left his tribe with Saefinn's grandmother, R'Lahta. Rather than starting their own tribe, R'uhanu moved to Limsa to start a new life. Thinking he could make riches, he and R'Lahta were penniless, but a Roegadyn by the name of Lilja took him under his wing, he gave him a job on his ship as a sailor and to him R'Lahta owed him everything and to the hospitality of his Roegadyn crew.

R'uhanu and Lilja were very close. But it was during a raid that Lilja took his own life to save R'uhanu, R'uhanu saw it fitting to take Lilja's name in honour and hence he became R'uhanu Lilasson and took Lilja's place and took command of his crew. R'uhanu and R'Lahta and gave birth to their only son, Steinn, who married a fellow Miqo'Te called Rohsa and gave birth to their 2 sons, who were given Roegadyn names in honour of Steinn's father. The surname Liljasson stuck, because without Lilja, there would be no Liljasson family.

RE: Saefinn - Saefinn - 08-05-2013

With the character generator benchmark hanging about, I thought I'd try my hand at designing my characters for this RP. Saefinn, you're already familiar with him, the Lalafell, she's the character who saves Saefinn in the events leading up to beta phase 4 and the female Miqo'te, she will remain somewhat a mystery...not because it's a secret, but because I haven't gone much into her as a character.

[Image: characters_zps54b11058.jpg]