Hydaelyn Role-Players
Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] (/showthread.php?tid=2888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Azthran - 07-17-2013

And just like that he was stiff as a board getting the completely wrong idea when Abai brought up performance issues. "Wha... WHAT?!" Was all he was able to stammer out as he cheeks flushed and he busied himself by chugging down the rest of his wine.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Paradyme - 07-17-2013

Para quirked a brow, "Green... Pudding..." He squinted at it before looking over a nearby menu. "... That isn't a Green Pudding, is it." He frowned, before rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah, just... Don't say it's name. I'll have a relapse." He answered. Looking to the pink haired young lady. He stretched a little with the faintest of whimpers. "A-Ah..." He sighed.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Alothia - 07-17-2013

Alothia shot Abai a look as she chuckled about the name of the drink. She didn't understand Para's apprehension around the thing it was actually named for. She had to smirk though. It was a silly thing to be scared of. Ah well.

She looked over at U'zhan as Abai teased him and had to chuckle when he colored like he did. She leaned over and whispered quietly to him, "I guess that answers my question about the ladies~" before nudging him and winking slyly.

As the newcomer entered the bar, Alothia gave a friendly wave. She didn't recognize him, but that didn't matter. She'd be cordial as always.

She turned to Para and grinned, "I bet he'll like his flaming, all right. Last I knew he didn't have a problem playing with fire." She watched his face for his reaction before continuing, "I'm glad you decided to join me, dear. It's good to get out of the house without having to look over our shoulders." She took his hand in hers, entwining their fingers together and kissing where they interlaced. "Things could be a lot worse."

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Jijinji - 07-17-2013

Aegon takes the menu into his hand "Ah thank you, Well I just got finished with a very exhausting job when I noticed this place so I decided I should take some time to myself before I begin the next one." He says tiredly but with a laugh. He looks over the menu "I'm not exactly new around here I just don't get to relax a good tavern very often and enjoy a drink or even socialize for that matter" He says as he looks up to her. 

"Well it looks like you carry some of my favorite drinks" he says as he looks back to the menu. "Hmm I'll gladly take a Corvus Reserve or a Wolfie's Poison, as you call it, ah and as I'm slightly hungry I'll also have a Mtoto Popoto." He says with a tired smile.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-17-2013

Abai couldn't help but chuckle at the maleqo'te before herown eyes grew wide with a hint of blush coating her cheeks. "Ah..er...that is...no!! Ah only meant!!" She flustered slapping a hand to her features before looking to Alothia and Paradyme with a doe eyed look.

'Don't say its name?? Relapse?" She used the opportunity to cool her features. "Explanations please?" She teased with delight.

She looked back to the new comer and nodded as he spoke."A~ah! Well that certianly does explain a bit! Well glad ye found yer way to us!" She smiled before casting and impish smirk. "Only ye have one thing wrong...Ye are new to me!!" She cast a wink as she let him review the menu.

"Mmhmm. Red 
makes sure this place is has a bit of all foreveryone."
she chuckled leaning up as she set to fetching his request. "A Wolf and 'Toto it is!" Her skirts fluttered about her as she moved about behind the bar collecting the correct bottle and filling a glass for the Patron.

"Here ye areduckie!" She beamed pushing the drink before him. "Ah'll get that 'Toto in for ye as well Aye!" The highlander nodded once more going to teh kitchen and poking her in calling out an order.

"U'zhan...Seriously..Ah want a spar with ye!" She added agian once the lad had a chance to cool.

Her gaze return to the newest patron. "What sort of work didja say ye did?"

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - lady2beetle - 07-17-2013

The young Hyur woman who entered a few minutes behind Aegon looked like she had just come from the smithy, or the road - and either would have been relatively accurate. Her short cropped and unevenly cut hair was pulled back with a band and she wore weathered tunic and trousers which both looked like they'd seen more sand and dust than sea and salt. The pack she had slung over her shoulder was equally weathered and her hands were dry and calloused, with dirt caked under her fingernails. Her angular face might have been pretty, but as she reached up to wipe her flushed face with a cloth, she left a smudge of soot on her cheek. There were no illusions that this was a working woman who cared little about her own appearance. With a sigh, she dropped down onto a stool several seats down from the others at the bar, letting her pack drop to her feet with a thump. She didn't seem in a hurry to order, but was relieved to simply take a load off after a hard day.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Azthran - 07-17-2013

"I think I'm going to go now..." He stood and placed his spear over his shoulder before turning to Alothia and bowing to the woman. "Thank you for the drink, it was nice to see you again." And with a final look around the tavern he quickly made his retreat out the door!

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Jijinji - 07-17-2013

"Aye, that is true!" He laughs in reply to her statement about being "new to her". "Yes something for everybody I like that, you don't have to search around for what you want and there is always something new to try." The male Midlander says with closed eyes and a slightly bigger smile. 

"Ah thank you." He says as he takes the glass of Whiskey into his hand. He smells it then takes a swig and his face brightens up "Ah that's the stuff right there hits the spot nicely just the way I like it!" He says cheerfully as he takes another swig. 

Aegon let's out a relaxed sigh "Well I'm a traveler or an adventure call it whatever you want" He says as he stretches in his seat. "Doing that on it's own doesn't fetch one much Gil" he sighs "So I help people with their problems for as little or as much pay as I can, sometimes I'll be payed with food and sometimes I don't get anything in return that's just the way I am." He says with a shrug. 

"The name is Aegon, Aegon Holt, but call me whatever you want" He says as he slowly takes another drink from the glass of Whiskey.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Dehqon - 07-17-2013

The door opens and closes slowly as a Miqo'te Keeper woman enters without causing too much of a scene. She wears a simple brown sleeveless tunic and pants that were sized for someone bigger than she was. The big pointed hat of an apprentice mage is replaced by a bandana and her dark grey skin has a ruddy tint from being exposed to the sun more than she's used to. Were it not for the tail flicking side to side behind her, she could almost be mistaken for a Duskwight child with the beaded bandana covering her ears.

She scoots to stand beside the door where it won't crash into her if somebody were to shove it open all the way and looks for where the most people are and, more importantly, how many strangers were here this time.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-17-2013

Abaigeal nodded her head to the newest patron."Aye indeed!" Her smile still sprawling graciously over light colored lips. "Ye see we do it on purpose as so we force ye to come back..." She smirked as she waggled her eyebrows playfully.

"So—" her thoughtprocess stopped as she noted the starlight haired maleqo'te slinking off. "OH No ye don't!!!" She quickly moved from behind the bar to give chase. "Ah still haven't gotten an answer from ye!!!" She called after the quick male just as she was about to reach him his tail slipped out the door."Fine! Be that way!! Ah didn't want t beat ye anyhow!!" She childishly called at the door.

Turning about she placed her hands on her hips and beamed tothe patrons. Her gaze catching a woman that must have snuck in. "Ah! Welcome!!" She nodded to the lass who seemed to be thankful for a place to set. "Ah'll let ye have a moment before ah come and poke at ye aye?" she smiled just before looking back to the midlander male.

"Yer mostwelcome!" She nodded once more as she slowly and gracefully made her way back to the bar. "Aah an adventure huh?" She smiled and tilted her head to the side her braid lightly falling away from her features. "Well, Ah see what ye mean there. It's mostly why Ah work here!" She gestured to the surroundings. "Dancin' comes first, and then adventurin' be second. Helping with problems sounds as if its quite the good time,aye" She nodded once more.

"Abaigeal Causland At yer service! Tavern Wench, Sword dancer, and part time sword!" She introduced her self with a bit of a theatrical flourish. This was after all Soliloquy and it was a performance tavern!'But ye can call me Abai. Ah know me full name can be mouthful!" She chuckled. 'Also saves from sounding like "AH-BAGEL" when slurred!" She burst into a fit of giggles.

Her gaze wandered slightly to the lass off on her own."Can Ah fetch ye something lovie? A water to start?" She peeked  down to her.

"Lemme check on yer 'Toto aye!" She spoke to Aegon before slipping into the kitchen to retrieve the lads meal only to return a few moment later. She set the piping hot plate before him and beamed as the sound of the door again caught her attention.

"Ah changer mind and take me up onme offer of a—Oh. Sorry Inja! Ah thought ye were U'zhan coming back to tell me off!" She teased and beckoned the young keeper lass closer. "Come Ah might have a glass with chocolate milk with yer name on it Aye?" She smiled kindly.

Show Content

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Dehqon - 07-17-2013

Inja giggled at Abai's apparent confusion over who she was with a change in clothing and hurried over to a seat near the kitchen, but a few chairs away from all the other people. She fidgets with her fingers twisting together in her lap as she casts quick glances at the other patrons, but avoids making eye contact for more than a split second. Her shoulders rise and fall with each breath that tries to keep up with the pace of her racing heart.

Most of her attention is directed t the kitchen with the wonderful chocolate milk.

"What was that... Uhm... Cluck, but... Something else. What was that something else? Aldegoat?" Her head tilts to the side as she tries desperately to remember what that meal was called.

"That's quite the variety work you have and it seems you have fun doing do" He says as he finishes his glass of Whiskey. "I would probably end up slurring the name like that myself" He says with a chuckle. 

The Midlander looks at the plate with a hungry smile "Looks good, thank you!" he says as he starts eating the Popoto. He swallows the first bite "Ah feels nice to get something in my stomach after a long day." He says with a grin. He goes to take a drink whiskey before he realizes it's empty, He looks to Abai "I'll take another Wolfie's Poison please" He says showing the empty glass. 

Show Content

A wide vibrant grin crossed her face she looked to thekeeper. "Aye! Ah can fetch ye that!!" She smild and looked to the lass as she climbed up on the stool. "And a Chuck and Cluck! Ye remembered!" She mused nodding in great amusement.

"So what brings ye by? Takin a break from the Arcanium?" She smiled as she questioned her newest friend slowly backing up to the kitchen and calling out the order and returning with a tall glass of chocolate milk. Placing it down for the lass.

Her smile broadens when she looks to Aegon."Aye, How's that Popoto treatin' ye?!" She questioned while fetching the bottle of whiskey. "SO what sorts of work ye have today? Anything interestin'?" She quirked a brow. Anyone who knew Abai would know she loved stories. Whether they were filled with truth or exaggeration didn't matter it was all in how one told it. 

Show Content

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Dehqon - 07-18-2013

Inja stands and moves closer towards the group so Abai isn't having to split her attention as much and shout while standing near people. (Shouting indoors was rude, not to mention painful on sensitive ears.) She tries to look even smaller now that she's closer to the group and keeps her eyes on the table.

She opens her mouth to say something, but sheepishly closes it again as her cheeks turn even more purple. She points at the Midlander for him to go first.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - lady2beetle - 07-18-2013

As Runa settled onto her chair, she took a long moment to scan the tavern's occupants before finally turning her gaze back to the barkeep. "A water would be fine, thank you," she replied simply when Abai's attention moved back towards her. Runa's tone was polite and formal but hinted at weariness. Falling silent again, her gaze wandered from the barkeep to the young man she had been talking to and she studied him with the openness of someone who didn't seem to care if she was caught staring.