Hydaelyn Role-Players
Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] (/showthread.php?tid=2888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Dehqon - 07-18-2013

It's hard to tell her mood too easily with her ears wrapped up in the beaded bandana, but her grow is creased with thought. "Drunk already? Well... Does your breath smell like alcohol? That's a way to know... But... I'm not sticking my nose in your mouth to find out. Too close, you know?"

She picks up a fork and knife to quickly cut off a piece of chicken meat large enough to keep her busy chewing for a little while. The black-tipped tail curls tightly against one of her legs then whips around to curl against the other, going back and forth like a neon sign showing how awkward she felt.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Azthran - 07-18-2013

He froze up as Abai left him there and not knowing what to do he bolted back to his stool! "Could I get a glass of wine then?" He chuckled nervously, oh this wasn't going to end well for him.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - V'sato - 07-18-2013

He strikes a quick glance at the Hyur who walked to the bar.
"I suppose I'll take a look at the menu. But I'm still new to the area. What's good?" He questions her as he slowly looks around the room his hood slightly hiding his line of sight.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-18-2013

She smiled to Inja and shook her head. She was by far becoming one of her favorite Keepers. "Ye sure are adorable ye know that!" She beamed.

Looking to U'zhan she nodded and waggled ehr finger at him. "TSK...AH Suppose Ah could do that!" She chuckled pulling free a wine glass and though over what to serve the newest patron. Depends on what ye like...Ale, stout, wine, liqour!"She mused pouring teh familiar brittle bark wine in a glass and passing it off to U'zhan.

"Ah suggest the Ifrit, or theShiva! For cocktails. Or the  Bloodbrine Pale ale  or Hawthorne Hut Honey mead.Just depends." She suggested passing off the MENU .

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - V'sato - 07-18-2013

He puts his hand out his head and stares at the menu while he thinks about the fact that he's never had a drink before in his life.
"I heard some of the sailors talking about the Spiced Rum when I first arrived in town." He whispered to himself.

"I'll take the Spiced Rum please um.." He paused as he realizes he never caught the Hyur's name. Embarrassed he looks back down almost regretting coming inside.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-18-2013

with out missing a beat she smiles and bounds about collecting a glass and placing it on teh counter top. 'Aye! Spiced rum is delicious...though its an addicting poison!" She smiled pouring a glass to the brim and placing it before the lad.

His pause in sentence of course was enough to prompt her. "Abai!" She beamed and cheerfully nodded. "And ye are?!" She drew the question out playfully.

Placing his gil on the table top his pulls his drink close to himself and stares down at it.
"V'sato." He takes a drink. With a slight tear to his eye he continues.
"V'sato Molkoh." He takes a moment to look at Abai to connect the face to the name. He's already decided on living in town so he has to try and remember the people he meets now. He proceeds to finish the rest of his drink.
"This drink is something else. Makes me feel warm."

She smiled and nodded. "Well met!"  Though chuckles as he drinks it with a bit of wince. "It's a bit strong but not bad!" She beams.

"So...V'sato. What brings ye by? Curiousity like the others?" She smiles and attempts to keep the conversation going. "Ha, Aye the drink will make ye feel warm. But if ye feel light headed let me know Aye?"

He stops for a moment to ponder why he had walked into Solioquy.

"Aye I'll keep you posted about the drink. Speaking of may I have another?" He starts opening up a bit more now. He knows he has to try and make acquaintances in town because its nothing like living alone on the road.

"You could say it was curiosity. Curious as to all the commotion that woke me from my nap." He stops for a moment realizing he may have come off a bit harsh. Hanging his head he begins to apologize and explain himself.

"I'm sorry. You see I've just rolled into town and have yet to get to know anyone or even the town itself." He bows slightly before continuing on.

"I was awakened by the sound of the door bursting open when some Miqo'te ran out and someone yelling after them. I wasn't aware of what was happening so I watched from outside for a while before deciding to finally walk in myself." With that he flips back his hood and looks around the tavern some more trying to associate himself with the place. He takes a deep breathe before saying anything else. "Sorry I didn't mean to bog you down with my life story."

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - KitKat - 07-19-2013

The nervous Hyur woman smiled politely and mouthed a quick "Thank you" to the bartender. When her food arrived, she pulled her hood back and shook out her golden hair. Before tucking into her meal, she clasped her hands together and quietly whispered a prayer to Llymlaen, thanking her for safe passage. 

She ate slowly and deliberately. Between bites, she set her utensils down on the plate. Eventually, she finished her dinner and set a few coins on the counter next to her empty plate. "It was very good. Thank you."

The woman didn't seem to be in a hurry to leave. Instead, she remained seated at the bar, people-watching. She paid particular attention to anything that seemed like local customs. As before her meal, if caught looking at someone, she abashedly averted her gaze.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-19-2013

She nodded delightfully pulling the bottle free hovering itover his glass and refilled it graciously. Her gaze shot over to Inja for a moment for whom seemed to be enjoying her Chuck N Cluck. She smiled to the lass before turning her attention back to V'sato.

"Commotion woke ye from yernap?" She repeated with a bit of a chuckle that grew into an airy laugh. The poor lad seemed beside himself for a moment or two. None the less she waited for him to continue on.

"Aah~ Ah see well, Welcome to notjust Soliloquy but Welcome to Limsa! Ah assure ye ye stick around these parts long enough and ye'd find yerself quiet a few friendly lik—er..."She paused and sheepishly blushed. Her cheeks turned a slight vibrant rose red color.

Her emerald hues grew wide and round with shock."Ah'm soo sorry!" her hands came to her mouth covering her agape jaw before slowly lowering and she cast a look to U'zhan. "Ah'm afraid that would have been me and U'zhan there. Ah occasionally enjoy easing the lad as he Ah! Seems ye caught me taunting him about sparing Aye!" Her features soften as she furrowed her brows apologetically to V'sato.

She giggled and waved her hand dismissively."Nay~! That was just a bit of yer life story! An lucky for ye Ah like stories too!" She cast him an extra particularly sunny smile. 'Ye can tell me anything lad, comes with the job of bartending ,aye!" she mused for a moment before looking over to the odd eyed lass with cascading golden locks.

"Yer welcomeLass." she beamed coming over and collecting the dirty dishes from before her as to give her more room where she sat.   And how about ye lass?Where ye from?" She smiled to the lass before she turned and winked to V'sato . "Seems everyone has a story and Ah certainly hope to make 'em share it!"She mused before furrowing her brow as if lost in thought. 'That is if they want to share it."

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - V'sato - 07-19-2013

He looks towards the white haired Miqo'te name U'zhan once again trying to commit the face and name to memory. "U'zhan and Abai. I'll have to remember these names." He turns his gaze towards the other Hyur woman he hadn't noticed yet. Wondering if she would tell a story as he just did.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-19-2013

She chuckled as V'sato seemed to look about as if to commit things to memory. A sly and wry smile graced her features. "Don't worry lad, Ah promise Ah'm not gonna make ye memorize the menu either~!" She mused and beamed brightly.

"Wait...ye said ye were napping?? Where were ye nappin' exactly??" She question.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - V'sato - 07-19-2013

His ear perk up as she called him on his quirk. He turns back towards her and tries to hide his embarrassment.
"Seems I've been caught." He says with a slight quiver in his voice.

"Where was I napping?" He says repeating her question. "I was just outside resting in a small grassy area under a tree. I don't have everything in order so I just sleep wherever seems nice right now." As he mentions this he moves slightly side to side in his chair while he remembers his quiet nap under the setting sun.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Koninbeor - 07-19-2013

Metallic clanging of steel rings up from the floor as the tavern door swings open. A massive Highlander strides in at a march. His mountainous form is covered in full plate. The battle armor has seen better days. Once a blood-red masterpiece, the protective suit has been horribly battered in fierce combat. Ominous paint has been chipped off in more places than one can quickly count, revealing spots of bright silver and tarnished grey. Scorch marks appear almost everywhere, marring the steel so badly that any intricate designs are lost to any but the most scrutinizing of gazes. Incorrect shaping around the shoulders is further evidence of enduring an intense heat as the metal has clearly melted to a degree and hardened before the warping effect could be counteracted. Smatterings of arrows have also found a new home, embedded in the thick steel without fully penetrating. Most of the projectiles are little more than arrowheads and broken sticks but a few with full fletching linger about in more difficult-to-reach areas. A large shield bearing the emblem of Ul’dah rests against the Hyur’s back, serving as protection from physical harm and a warning to would-be enemies. The wicked longsword hanging from his belt quickly identifies the man as a Gladiator as the shape and design lend as much to wow onlookers as to being effective in combat.

Steady hands pull a battered helmet from the Highlander’s head. Features are difficult to make out, his face covered in soot and grime. He clearly has very short hair that is most likely light in color but one cannot be completely certain. His state of uncleanliness makes the man’s icy blue eyes stand out even more than usual. His gaze is fierce and intense as it sweeps the room, moving slowly from person to person. He allows his eyes to momentarily rest on each person, making no apologies of measuring them and quickly calculating whether or not anyone poses a threat. Anyone who meets his gaze and holds for more than a brief moment is examined more closely.

Piercing eyes shift to an empty table closer to the stage than the bar and the monstrous Highlander resumes his march. He is no more than a few ilms shy of 7 fulms and clearly has a deal of bulk by the armor’s shaping. The Gladiator reaches his destination after several quick, long strides. He carries himself with great confidence and pride, every movement seeming to have a purpose. Great care is taken as the man lowers his helmet onto the table and slides his shield off his back, leaning it against a seat and the table for stabilization. He eases himself into a seat carefully as if to keep from breaking something. Finally, the Highlander draws in a long, deep breath and exhales slowly, allowing his gaze to fall down to the tabletop and examine the surface’s grain.