Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings from across the Galaxy! (/showthread.php?tid=2896)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Ender - 07-17-2013

Hello!

I mostly stalk the boards over at WildStar Roleplay, where some of you might know me from. However, some people from over there started luring, and since I had a CE back in 1.0, and a lot of the changes look really nice, I figured I'd come over and say hi and give this new realm a try!

I like what I see so far and will definitely be looking forward to exploring the game again, both in the actual game and in roleplay!

So yeah, guess I should actually say a bit about myself.

I'm 26, currently live in Denmark but is very actively working on moving to the US with my husband, who's from over there. We're just waiting for my green card to come through!
I study Digital Design and hope to get into game design sometime soon, preferably within storytelling or community management. 

I'm also a co-founder of WildStar Roleplay, so yeah, definitely a bit of a RP buff. 

I enjoy pop culture and spend a good amount of time stalking TV-Tropes and watch/read anything I come across, with a good deal of games mixed in between, especially MMORPGs. 

So yeah, looking forward to getting to know you all, and feel free to ask if there's any questions!

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Averis - 07-17-2013

HEY... I know you! You thought you could sneak in here unnoticed, eh?

Welcome back!

We should talk... Big Grin

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Ender - 07-17-2013

Yes, this post was definitely an attempt at sneaking by unnoticed Wink

No, actually I had no idea you were here, but hi! Big Grin

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Renaise - 07-17-2013

Ender Bender Bo Fender Banana Fanna Fo Fender Fe Fi Fo Fender... ENDER!!!

I think we met sometime... there was root beer!

Tongue

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Ender - 07-17-2013

I think maybe we did. The rootbeer was quite good! Big Grin

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - faceman7381 - 07-17-2013

Greetings and welcome!

Glad to have you here!

Can't wait to see some of your character ideas!

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Averis - 07-17-2013

(07-17-2013, 06:41 PM)Ender Wrote: Yes, this post was definitely an attempt at sneaking by unnoticed Wink

No, actually I had no idea you were here, but hi! Big Grin

Haha, true. Just glad to see you here again.

Yup, I'm really excited to get back into FFXIV. I'm pretty happy that they decided to reboot the game. I hope to play it for many years. I'm not ashamed to admit that I even ordered the CE AGAIN for ARR, though maybe I should be. Haha.

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Martiallais - 07-17-2013

Welcome to the RPC! I've peeked in over at WSRP a few times and I have to say you've got a great thing going on there. Smile Here's hoping you have just as much fun here with us.

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Maeve - 07-18-2013

Enderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Bouncy Laugh I'm glad you are here and so not surprised to see your avatar is a cat person.

(Its Maya btw) lol

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Ender - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 06:53 AM)Maeve Wrote: Enderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Bouncy Laugh I'm glad you are here and so not surprised to see your avatar is a cat person.

(Its Maya btw) lol

Yeeeah, there is no pattern, none what so ever <.< *coughs*

Also, heey, I had no idea it was you! I've been seeing your avatar around the boards and thinking "Wow, female Highlanders look kind of AWESOME, I might need to make one of those too". So great job with her Tongue ... She is a highlander, right?

The avatar is still a bit tentative. I'll likely end up with a Miqo'te, because hey, alternate:Aurin Big Grin But I'll probably have to play around a bit with character creation...

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Maeve - 07-18-2013

Glad you like my little highlander! To be fair they are a bit butch compared to midlanders or the cat people (yeah, the weird Miq-- name hasn't stuck with me yet) which is very unlike me, but their faces are much better imho so thats why I went with her.

When you say you will play around in the CC for a wee bit, just er, dont do what I did and spend a full 2 days in it <hides her head in shame>. Its addictive.

(07-18-2013, 07:28 AM)Maeve Wrote: Glad you like my little highlander! To be fair they are a bit butch compared to midlanders or the cat people (yeah, the weird Miq-- name hasn't stuck with me yet) which is very unlike me, but their faces are much better imho so thats why I went with her.

When you say you will play around in the CC for a wee bit, just er, dont do what I did and spend a full 2 days in it <hides her head in shame>. Its addictive.

Haha, I know what you mean. I always spend too much time in character creation, and you can make some really interesting looking characters in this one!

And heh, I played Miqo'te in 1.0, so I think the name sort of grew on me back then ^^

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Dogberry - 07-18-2013

Hello, Ender. I am a big fan of your tactics in the battle room and your work on the Third Invasion.

I'm sure you get that all the time. Sorry, I just had to. Welcome to the game!

(07-18-2013, 12:02 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Hello, Ender. I am a big fan of your tactics in the battle room and your work on the Third Invasion.

Thank you, well, I AM a child genius after all *flexes*

The books are actually not very known where I live, so I had no idea about them when I picked the name Big Grin But after a couple of people mentioning the first one, and while I can't say I approve of the author, I have to admit, the book was quite good.

RE: Greetings from across the Galaxy! - Xenedra - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 12:02 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Hello, Ender. I am a big fan of your tactics in the battle room and your work on the Third Invasion.

Totally thought the same thing. : P

Hey! Welcome to zee RPC~ And also soon to America, yay~