Hydaelyn Role-Players
Event Template and Calendar Instructions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Event Template and Calendar Instructions (/showthread.php?tid=2949)

Event Template and Calendar Instructions - Kylin - 07-11-2010

All events posted here are public events unless stated otherwise.

Your advertisement should be IC (if possible). Fancy fliers are not required, though feel free to use 'em Smile . Relevant OOC info (date/time, location, where, host, details, etc) should be provided as necessary. If there are event rules, be sure to post them.

To add the event to the calendar and sidebar module, follow these simple instructions:

Step 1: Log in. Click on the "Calendar" button up in the navigation bar.

Step 2: At the bottom of the calendar, click "add public event." Or you can also find the day in which the event begins and then click on the number (or the star symbol directly below the number). For example, if the event is on August 18th, you can click on the number '18' under the month of August.

Step 3: Fill out the form. Be sure to select the recurring/ranged event option to set the start and end times if not a full day event! You can copy/paste your post from the Event section into your calendar post, or simply provide a link to the post. It's up to you. Timezone is determined by your account settings.

Step 4: Click "submit." That's it! Your event will now show up in the site's sidebar as a constant reminder.

You may edit the event as needed even after it is submitted.

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - Alothia - 10-08-2013

I'd like to add to this since we now have a shared calendar. 

When you are making your event on the calendar, please specify what world the event is on in brackets at the beginning of the event.

For example, instead of posting Corvus Barbeque and Bazaar

You would post [Balmung] Corvus Barbeque and Bazaar

This way, people who are looking specifically for Balmung and or Gilgamesh events can easily find them! Thanks!

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - FreelanceWizard - 07-04-2014

I have added tagging functionality per user requests to the events forums. You can now tag an event as "Periodic" or "One-Time", depending on the type of event it is. You don't have to tag an event, but your attendees will likely prefer that you do. Smile This function is available in both the Balmung and Gilgamesh forums, but is not available on the calendar (unfortunately).

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - ExAtomos - 12-21-2016

Is something up with the sidebar calendar listing? My event is recurring weekly and I marked it as such in the form, but I have to manually update it every week to have it show up. Or is that just how it is?

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 01:57 PM)ExAtomos Wrote: Is something up with the sidebar calendar listing? My event is recurring weekly and I marked it as such in the form, but I have to manually update it every week to have it show up. Or is that just how it is?

That is a bug with our forum software. (And apparently affects even the latest version).

If I could, I'd disable the option to set something as recurring. It's a bad bandaid fix, but may help with preventing future instances. Moving to a Google calendar for RPC use has also been considered.

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - ExAtomos - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 02:05 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 01:57 PM)ExAtomos Wrote: Is something up with the sidebar calendar listing? My event is recurring weekly and I marked it as such in the form, but I have to manually update it every week to have it show up. Or is that just how it is?

That is a bug with our forum software. (And apparently affects even the latest version).

If I could, I'd disable the option to set something as recurring. It's a bad bandaid fix, but may help with preventing future instances. Moving to a Google calendar for RPC use has also been considered.

Thanks so much for the quick answer! Smile And good luck, haha.

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - C'kayah Polaali - 03-26-2017

This is more of a policy question than a technical one.

We have the calendar linked in the top bar - the one this thread talks about. We have the weekly event thread that Erah'sae is maintaining, which seems to be based on a different calendar with its own entry form. There's an iCal format calendar which seems to no longer be maintained, likewise a tumblr listing of events.

It's confusing. I've been running regular events for my FC for a little while, and have gotten to the point where I want to start opening them up more, so I want to list them here. I have added a thread, and added an event to the top bar calendar, but... Should I add it to Erah'sae's calendar? What about the others? The iCal and tumblr listings seem to be no longer current, in which case it seems they shouldn't be stickied any more. What's the deal with the confusing and overlapping event calendars here?

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-26-2017

(03-26-2017, 02:15 PM)C Wrote: This is more of a policy question than a technical one.

We have the calendar linked in the top bar - the one this thread talks about. We have the weekly event thread that Erah'sae is maintaining, which seems to be based on a different calendar with its own entry form. There's an iCal format calendar which seems to no longer be maintained, likewise a tumblr listing of events.

It's confusing. I've been running regular events for my FC for a little while, and have gotten to the point where I want to start opening them up more, so I want to list them here. I have added a thread, and added an event to the top bar calendar, but... Should I add it to Erah'sae's calendar? What about the others? The iCal and tumblr listings seem to be no longer current, in which case it seems they shouldn't be stickied any more. What's the deal with the confusing and overlapping event calendars here?

Posts should be made where you would like people to be able to find them. On that note, I've adjusted some of the mentioned threads/posts.

I've unpinned the tumblr calendar thread by E'irawen because it no longer appears to be updated.

The iCal and Weekly events were originally Nefzen's, now under new management (currently Erah'sae as of this writing). I've adjusted the Weekly Events thread first post to point to the latest post now, as users cannot edit other users' posts. However, these posts and that calendar are not maintained by RPC staff.

RPC's built-in Calendar supports both recurring and non-recurring events, however only non-recurring events will show in the "Upcoming Events" side panel due to the limitations of that plugin.

RE: Event Template and Calendar Instructions - Erah'sae - 03-27-2017

(03-26-2017, 02:15 PM)C Wrote: Should I add it to Erah'sae's calendar? What about the others? The iCal and tumblr listings seem to be no longer current, in which case it seems they shouldn't be stickied any more. What's the deal with the confusing and overlapping event calendars here?

The iCal and Tumblr listings that Nefzen maintained are still up to date (or should be).  Her Google Calendar fuels both the posts I'm making and the Discord bot we use.

If something isn't being updated on it, please let me know and I'll see about getting it sorted.