Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Long Wait [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Long Wait [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=295)

A Long Wait [Closed] - Xaefan - 07-26-2010

"I think you're overreacting, Brother." Zar'ccia stated, frowning as she tapped her older brother on the forehead with a well-manicured nail from a dusken finger. Xae'fan glanced up at his younger sister, looking past bangs that framed her face made of platinum blonde hair to let his bad mood settle on her.

"Overreacting? No one else is being sent away, just me. Why is that, Zar'ccia?" The red-haired male grit his teeth at the dark-skinned Elezen woman, closing his book as he lost interest in it with this new conversational topic. But, at her look of sadness, he sighs, "Forgive me. I don't like this much, I suppose it -is- for the best, but I can't help but find myself angry with everyone again. Even Haruk, and Nmenin agree with mother." He glances to the side, irritated visibly with his two friends.

"They believe in you, Xae'fan. And, I do too." Zar'ccia smiles, heavily glossed purple lips curling. "It's time one of us got away from this place. There's nothing for you here, not with how smart you are." The man grunted, settling the book he'd been reading into his bag, glancing at the three bags of his things he'd readied for the journey. Clothes, some books, and what little supplies he had for such a journey.

Suddenly, he raised his amber eyes to his younger sister, "You're such a liar." All Zar'ccia could do is continue to smile.

"I love you too."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the long wait for passage aboard the ship, and meeting a rather interesting miqo'te in the process, he finally began to make his way home. He still had things to do, let alone with how his thoughts were already swirling from meeting the dusken skinned woman.

His abode, while not large by any measure, was large enough for him and his sisters when they 'occasionally' stopped in. He sat down in his somewhat noisy wicker chair, and settled his feet up on the cushion propped atop a small table, before pulling a book out, and beginning to read as his thoughts swirled about in his head.

I'm not sure how I feel about this situation... It was so hard to read, that he growled to himself, irritated as he tossed the book back into his already packed bags, even though it likely wouldn't be another moon before the boat would sail, let alone how early he was already packed. Why am I in such a rush, if we're still waiting for so long? Am I really that anxious to leave? If so, why do I feel like I don't want to...

Sighing, he stood to gather water from his basin, taking a deep drink as he settled back into his comfortable reading position. I'm sick to the Hells with my family, it's true... But, I can't be angry with them if they're helping me to do what I want. He sighs, scratching his hair, noting once again that he needs to reapply the red dye to his hair so he wouldn't be just another Duskwight with black skin, and white hair.

"I look strange."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: A Long Wait - Axl - 07-26-2010

Hi Xaefan.

Re: A Long Wait - Xaefan - 07-30-2010

Newest content here, complete story above.