Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion (/showthread.php?tid=3058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - K'jiihn - 07-25-2013

Aww seeing this thread has got me confused now I guess it's a good thing I haven't written my characters back story.  So far all I've got is Male Lancer sunseeker named D'jiihn Tia.  But now I have no idea how to explain my tribal beginnings. And I'm weary now of being a Dodo.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - growly beast - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 02:30 PM)D Wrote: Aww seeing this thread has got me confused now I guess it's a good thing I haven't written my characters back story.  So far all I've got is Male Lancer sunseeker named D'jiihn Tia.  But now I have no idea how to explain my tribal beginnings. And I'm weary now of being a Dodo.

This thread is for K tribe stuff, unless you want to drop your D heritage and become one of us. In which case, your character would be K'jiihn Tia.

I guess I could have been more clear in expressing my interest in doing just that.  That's the problem with skimming forums on your phone at work.. 
I really like the idea of role playing a tribe and my character is still up in the air..  Would you be willing to fit me in as K'jiihn?I intend to work more on my characters back story and such tonight and this weekend.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-25-2013

Thats absolutely fine D'jiihn or should I call you K'jiihn Big Grin, you were wanting to be a Tia yes? we have plenty of spaces for you, have you got a skype account so we can add you to the group?

Don't forget to check the Hipparion tribe wiki page (link in my sig) we are working on updating it all time.

Yes I suppose I'll have to change my username now. And I'll keep on top of that wiki page as well.  I don't have a Skype account but I will create one and send you the info after work today. And yes I'm looking to be a Tia.  It works great for me because I intended my character to be a hunter/gatherer a woodsman, if you will.  So this is just perfect.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Aresha - 07-25-2013

Sounds really interesting and a great idea.  Will talk to my other fellow tribe member and see if he wants to make his character part of your tribe, if you have room and want us ofcourse.  My character is A'resha, a female seeker, and Kari was playing my Nunh but it was just the two of us.  A large tribe sounds much more fun.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-25-2013

Well there is always room, believe me there is ALWAYS room Big Grin.  How about the Nunh becoming a Tia, we are going to be killing of one of the current Nunh and have the Tia duke it out IC with a variety of challenges?  Would be good to have you but if its not for the both of you see you in game anyway.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Aresha - 07-25-2013

I doubt Kari would have an issue with becoming a Tia, will have to have a word with him.  Its his alt too so not exactly set in stone.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-26-2013

Hey guys, not sure if people saw rather brilliant thread on challenges but it puts in a few bits that maybe we didn't think of at the time last night.  I'm happy with how it turned out, just food for thought.

Once again the wiki has been updated on a number of different topics so please have a look here.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Xha'li Moui - 07-27-2013

Finally pinned down a few details about Xha'li's dad; namely he was either a full blooded seeker or half seeker/half keeper.  Don't have a name or anything else for him, and only know he'd be about 50-60 years old as of the current time.  He'd of been away with Xha from about 22 years ago till about 15 years ago when he up and 'vanished'.  If any of the current NPC males would fit that's great, otherwise he can just be a random Tia(not that there are probably that many).

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-28-2013

(07-27-2013, 09:50 PM)ManaaniWanderer Wrote: Finally pinned down a few details about Xha'li's dad; namely he was either a full blooded seeker or half seeker/half keeper.  Don't have a name or anything else for him, and only know he'd be about 50-60 years old as of the current time.  He'd of been away with Xha from about 22 years ago till about 15 years ago when he up and 'vanished'.  If any of the current NPC males would fit that's great, otherwise he can just be a random Tia(not that there are probably that many).
You playing a cross? Welcome to the club. We could fit him in as a Tia that left the tribe, I take it that's where you are going with your back story?

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Xha'li Moui - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 06:38 AM)Khaze Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 09:50 PM)ManaaniWanderer Wrote: Finally pinned down a few details about Xha'li's dad; namely he was either a full blooded seeker or half seeker/half keeper.  Don't have a name or anything else for him, and only know he'd be about 50-60 years old as of the current time.  He'd of been away with Xha from about 22 years ago till about 15 years ago when he up and 'vanished'.  If any of the current NPC males would fit that's great, otherwise he can just be a random Tia(not that there are probably that many).
You playing a cross? Welcome to the club. We could fit him in as a Tia that left the tribe, I take it that's where you are going with your back story?
I am indeed, and making him a mage of some kind to boot.  Not sure how I'll go about having Xha'li find out about it himself unless one of the older members recognizes who his mom is and asks about his dad.  As for his name put in K'suhzu where ever it'd fit.  I have no real preferences about his dad's side of the family.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Rue - 07-28-2013

I would like to join :3 though I wanna talk to someone about the family trees a bit more I kinda got lost reading through the posts lol. I prefer chatting on skype or ts if possible. I did add growly on skype to hopefully get more info but anyone else is welcome to explain it to me.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Y'hmir - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 05:21 PM)Rue Wrote: I would like to join :3 though I wanna talk to someone about the family trees a bit more I kinda got lost reading through the posts lol. I prefer chatting on skype or ts if possible. I did add growly on skype to hopefully get more info but anyone else is welcome to explain it to me.

I have some time and wouldn't mind explaining to you, or try to at least. You can add me as shadowseikou if you want, I'll be here a while still

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Kailia - 07-28-2013

Okay! I compiled these notes basing some of the cultural notes from native american tribes of the past, which I think fit the Hipparion Tribe. I simply took what I had on the tribes and converted them into Hipparion Tribe notes. So here goes:

The Hipparion was the chief source of food, and items such as cups, decorations, crafting tools, knives and clothing made from the animals flesh, hide and bones.
The tribe would follow the seasonal grazing and migration of the animals

The tribe lived in tents made of tanned skins of the hipparion. They dry the flesh in the sun, cutting it thin like a leaf and when dry, grind it like a meal to keep it, and make a sort of sea soup of it to eat. It would be seasoned with fat which they always try to secure when they kill a hipparion.

They emptied large guts and filled them with blood, and carry this around their neck to drink when they are thirsty

Around June and July the tribe holds a Sun Dance Festival, where they dance around a fire in honor of Azeyma, the Warden. The festival is also a time they have open trade with other races and tribes.

A commonly used technique was the Piskin method. The tribesmen would build a corral and have people herd the hipparion into it to confine them in a space where they could be killed. The Hipparion Tribe constructed a v-shaped funnel, about a mile long, made of fallen trees, rocks, etc. Sometimes hipparion could be lured into a trap by one of the tribe covering himself with a hipparion skin and imitating the call of the animals.

Tribe healers had two roles. They were healers that mended wounds and tended the sick. But they also were considered so important that they were the ones who decided when the time was right to hunt.