Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea (/showthread.php?tid=3082)

Pages: 1 2

Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Nnejo - 07-25-2013

So for those of you who may not know, there is a pretty interesting Linkshell idea that surfaced a little bit ago geared towards those who had characters in the Creative And Performing Arts. (Or CAPA) After following the thread carefully an actually paying attention on my second read through I realized that it was for Balmung and not for our up and coming secondary rp server of Gilgamesh.

Therefore I propose we do the same! I mean why not, I have a character that is a dancer and she loves to entertain for those willing to pay of course. Nothing in this life is free! Now then I was simply curious if anyone who has decided to make Gilgamesh their home, would be interested in such an idea. As I believe it would require a great deal of community involvement to make it work.

Also be sure to, if you have a performer, post that characters name and what it is that they do. I would love see what others have come up with.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Vashies Alexander - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 12:08 AM)Isis Wrote: So for those of you who may not know, there is a pretty interesting Linkshell idea that surfaced a little bit ago geared towards those who had characters in the Creative And Performing Arts. (Or CAPA) After following the thread carefully an actually paying attention on my second read through I realized that it was for Balmung and not for our up and coming secondary rp server of Gilgamesh.

Therefore I proposing we do the same! I mean why not, I have a character that is a dancer and she loves to entertain for those willing to pay of course. Nothing in this life is free! Now then I was simply curious if anyone who has decided to make Gilgamesh their home, would be interested in such an idea. As I believe it would require a great deal of community involvement to make it work.

Also be sure to, if you have a performer, post that characters name and what it is that they do. I would love see what others have come up with.
not like this is in my ball park nor have i seen this, but maybe you can put a link up so we know more of what your asking or have better under standing.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Gideon Aryeh - 07-25-2013

You should give Rhazamir and Rhynka a PM, I know their characters are performers, they might be open to this.

I think its a great idea honestly.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Desmond Aryll - 07-25-2013

Great idea. I'll definitely pay my nickel to watch. Big Grin

so my hunch on Capa was right then.... well then this is not in my ball park but i do like the idea. I would pay watch some fun acting or dancing. sounds good though keep use posted on what may happen, places this be held, and times. I'm sure rock will will help with this if this a being a planed event or even if its a every day thing. * Looks up* Hahaha Rock I think you are the leader of rpc on Gilgamesh.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Gideon Aryeh - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 02:23 AM)Vashies Alexander Wrote: so my hunch on Capa was right then.... well then this is not in my ball park but i do like the idea. I would pay watch some fun acting or dancing. sounds good though keep use posted on what may happen, places this be held, and times. I'm sure rock will will help with this if this a being a planed event or even if its a every day thing. * Looks up* Hahaha Rock I think you are the leader of rpc on Gilgamesh.
Lol nah, not really, I am really here for you guys who wanted to play on a non legacy server. I just hate when rp servers die. At first I was just going to lend support but still play on Balmung. Then the idea of staying to actively help became more appealing. You guys are the leaders, I'm just the guy who wants to help make things great is all. Besides options are a good thing and I am loving everyone that I've run into already who really wants to this to work. On these forums and even in the game people are really excited about this. Wait till beta 4 and early access! So many people are rooting for us! The helping to build a foundation really gets me excited. Besides the character I'm playing just for this server is my favorite version of all time. I haven't played him in a while, much more fun than my previous version, I am going to have fun entertaining all of you and making you all laugh with his antics.

So thanks all of you once more, seriously.

Oh and Isis what are your character's prices? I would love if she performed at the Beach Party Festival on Sept 1st at 3pm if possible.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Nnejo - 07-25-2013

Thanks for the support everyone! And Vash, Rock Im surprised neither of recognizes little ole me.
Basically Im hoping to get some people involved, I am NOT trying to run this seeing as Y'Vali has her own business to run. Instead I'd hoped to have multiple people step forward as possible leaders. It would likely only need one and could be NPC'd if no one comes forward. The idea would also be that at some point, daily shows would be put on.

And Rock, pm me on enjin my name starts with a Z and ends with an A. You are bound to figure it out.

(07-25-2013, 10:07 AM)Isis Wrote: Thanks for the support everyone! And Vash, Rock Im surprised neither of recognizes. little ole me.
Basically Im hoping to get some people involved, I am not trying to run this seeing as Y'Vali has her own business to run. Instead I'd hoped to have multiple people step forward as possible leaders. it would likely only need on and could be NPC'd if no one comes forward. The idea would also be that at some point, daily shows would be put on.

And Rock, pm me on enjin my name starts with a Z and ends with an A. You are bound to figure it out.of
Mhm Ill tell you what im new to capa and i would give it a try if some one was willing to teach me how it works. So if you need me... really if you need me i will help... If no one else steps to the plate.

Rock you are more then what you think you are to the sever. We may be the blood to the sever but your heart that keeps use going. I may not say much on the Gilgamesh sever forum but im aware of what goes on, so i say keep up the good work and Isis you to. If we keep coming up with ideas and then following through with them come phase 4 and launch i think the sever will be ok.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - D R E N - 07-25-2013

I would be interested joining! Yaein will be going the way of the bard once she gets up there in Archery, and it would be nice to play the part of narrator and/or actor with other like minded RPers.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Nnejo - 07-25-2013

Vash- I am really surprised you aren't very familiar with the whole CAPA thing, given what I know of you, granted it has been called a lot of different things. The term CAPA is only the one that stuck with me the most. The basic idea is laid out here in the Balmung Linkshell Idea thread for Soliloquy <---click me!
I would love to see something that bares a very close resemblance to what the Balmung group is going for. Because we are cool too and I really hope to see this server thrive.

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Amiabelle - 07-26-2013

"Amiabelle" (not her actual name) is a member of a long-running troupe of traveling performers.  She's the daughter of the company's founders.  Since the Company is currently at their home base (I'm not sure where that is) for the off-season, "Amiabelle" is striking out on her own, doing research for characters and getting show ideas.

CAPA sounds like it might be right up her alley!

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Vashies Alexander - 07-26-2013

(07-25-2013, 07:17 PM)Isis Wrote: Vash- I am really surprised you aren't very familiar with the whole CAPA thing, given what I know of you, granted it has been called a lot of different things. The term CAPA is only the one that stuck with me the most. The basic idea is laid out here in the Balmung Linkshell Idea thread for Soliloquy <---click me!
I would love to see something that bares a very close resemblance to what the Balmung group is going for. Because we are cool too and I really hope to see this server thrive.
Funny not even I know much about me hahaha but I now know from reading the thread on Balmung forums I do have some skill in capa.... Though this leads me to wonder how did you know?Since Im not using my name I had in XI....

(07-26-2013, 12:07 AM)Amiabelle Wrote: "Amiabelle" (not her actual name) is a member of a long-running troupe of traveling performers.  She's the daughter of the company's founders.  Since the Company is currently at their home base (I'm not sure where that is) for the off-season, "Amiabelle" is striking out on her own, doing research for characters and getting show ideas.

CAPA sounds like it might be right up her alley!
What are you or Rather what is Amiabelle trying to find?

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Nnejo - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 01:19 AM)Vashies Alexander Wrote:
(07-25-2013, 07:17 PM)Isis Wrote: Vash- I am really surprised you aren't very familiar with the whole CAPA thing, given what I know of you, granted it has been called a lot of different things. The term CAPA is only the one that stuck with me the most. The basic idea is laid out here in the Balmung Linkshell Idea thread for Soliloquy <---click me!
Funny not even I know much about me hahaha but I now know from reading the thread on Balmung forums I do have some skill in capa.... Though this leads me to wonder how did you know?Since I'm not using my name I had in XI....

Think TERA Vash!

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Amiabelle - 07-26-2013

Ami enjoys people-watching (one of her favorite activities) and is frequently observing people and their mannerisms in hopes of being able to use them in her character developments. 

Additionally, when she was a child, a troupe member introduced her to the art of Archery.  After a very brief stint with the troupe, he moved on; no one knows where he went.  Ami would love to find him to thank him for instilling in her the love of Archery.  FWIW, the chances of finding him are small. In the back of her mind, Ami knows that.  She doesn't remember his name and can barely remember his face. Still, she holds out hope because she can be stubbornly optimistic at times.

Other than that, Ami's not sure what she's looking for, and neither am I.  We'll find out, perhaps, once she gets into the world?

RE: Gilgamesh CAPA Linkshell Idea - Vashies Alexander - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 02:59 AM)Isis Wrote:
Funny not even I know much about me hahaha but I now know from reading the thread on Balmung forums I do have some skill in capa.... Though this leads me to wonder how did you know?Since I'm not using my name I had in XI....

Think TERA Vash!
My seems to catch up with me then hahaha! 

(07-26-2013, 09:44 AM)Amiabelle Wrote:
Ami enjoys people-watching (one of her favorite activities) and is frequently observing people and their mannerisms in hopes of being able to use them in her character developments. 

Additionally, when she was a child, a troupe member introduced her to the art of Archery.  After a very brief stint with the troupe, he moved on; no one knows where he went.  Ami would love to find him to thank him for instilling in her the love of Archery.  FWIW, the chances of finding him are small. In the back of her mind, Ami knows that.  She doesn't remember his name and can barely remember his face. Still, she holds out hope because she can be stubbornly optimistic at times.

Other than that, Ami's not sure what she's looking for, and neither am I.  We'll find out, perhaps, once she gets into the world?
Sounds interesting... maybe capa would be a god fit for you.