Hydaelyn Role-Players
Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) (/showthread.php?tid=3122)

Pages: 1 2

Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - halceeuhn - 07-26-2013

So I just got an email from Square Enix, it contained a beta key for phase four. But uh, wasn't P4 open beta? Why are they sending out keys? Did you guys get them too?

Questions, questions.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Caysen - 07-26-2013

It's an open beta, yeah, but you still need a key for the client. 'Open beta' just means that anyone who applies automatically gets a key.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Ashren Dotharl - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 11:21 PM)halceeuhn Wrote: So I just got an email from Square Enix, it contained a beta key for phase four. But uh, wasn't P4 open beta? Why are they sending out keys? Did you guys get them too?

Questions, questions.

Even if it's an OBT you'll still need a key (though I imagine if you've been in the previous phases you're already registered for phase 4) because you still need to register the service account (which requires a key). All it being an OBT means is that anyone can go in and sign up to get a key instead of waiting to be picked.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - sanguineFenrir - 07-26-2013

Yes, I did receive a Windows key earlier today (I accidentally submitted my first application on the European site, and that one got picked for phase 3, so I reapplied as directed.) I imagine the purpose of sending out the keys early is to allow people to input them early, which may reduce the load on the registration servers. (The Windows keys in the email are only valid until the 30th, and after that, anyone who has not registered must reapply when beta starts.)

Only the people that indicated interest in the Windows version (or both versions) are getting keys. Those that marked both platforms get a Windows key with a notification that the PS3 key will be mailed at a later date. Those who only asked for PS3 keys, as opposed to Windows, just get an email telling them that a key will be coming soon.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Desmond Aryll - 07-26-2013

Right, I applied for a ps3 key only for beta phase4 and I got an email today stating that SE acknowledges my request and that I would get a key for the upcoming beta test in the near future.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - undeclared - 07-26-2013

Im sad now. I received no such email.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Desmond Aryll - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 11:47 PM)undeclared Wrote: Im sad now. I received no such email.

I think you should be just fine. Give it time as there are a ton of people trying to get on the beta so the emails might take a bit of time to get sent. Smile

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Kailia - 07-27-2013

(07-26-2013, 11:47 PM)undeclared Wrote: Im sad now. I received no such email.

Don't feel bad, I've received nothing as well.

edit: nevermind since I was in phase 3, I guess I wont get a key, I will just be automatically in Tongue

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - FreelanceWizard - 07-27-2013

There's also the element of server load. P4 is a stress test, ultimately, and SE is going to want to ramp up server load to find out where the break points are -- and all P3 and earlier testers are in P4, too. So, yes, if there's space, you'll get a key, but you might not get it right away depending on how many players they expect to have on the servers versus how many they need to ensure to smooth launch.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - doctorgalactic - 07-27-2013

If anyone has a spare key, 2 of my friends weren't able to get to the site in time to register for open beta and really want to try it out.  I know that registration may open back up once phase 4 is underway, but they still may miss out.  Figured I'd ask here before I went searching elsewhere.  Thanks for you consideration!

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Desmond Aryll - 07-27-2013

(07-27-2013, 12:52 AM)doctorgalactic Wrote: If anyone has a spare key, 2 of my friends weren't able to get to the site in time to register for open beta and really want to try it out.  I know that registration may open back up once phase 4 is underway, but they still may miss out.  Figured I'd ask here before I went searching elsewhere.  Thanks for you consideration!

I registered multiple times with diff emails so if I get another code I'll let ya know.  Smile

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Vashies Alexander - 07-27-2013

question do we have to sign up for open beta? 

Two: If we all ready in the phase 3 beta are we all ready signed up for the open beta?

3: If we have sign up for the open beta where do we do this?

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Ashren Dotharl - 07-27-2013

(07-27-2013, 12:15 PM)Vashies Alexander Wrote: question do we have to sign up for open beta? 

Two: If we all ready in the phase 3 beta are we all ready signed up for the open beta?

3: If we have sign up for the open beta where do we do this?

If you are not already registered for beta (meaning you didn't already sign up for it) then you will need to do so, if you don't get a key before they announce the start date I would advice trying to register again as they may create a new form specifically for Phase 4 signups. If you are already enrolled in beta from Phase 3 or earlier then you are already enrolled in beta for Phase 4 and do not need to do anything. When they announce Phase 4 there will be a new launcher you'll need to download (presumably the commercial one they'll use for launch day), other than that it's beta as normal.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - Vashies Alexander - 07-27-2013

Well then i'm fine then since i was in the phase 3. Just had make sure didn't want miss any thing.

RE: Open Beta Keys sent out (?) - thealmightypoe - 07-29-2013

YAY! I got my beta key!! When does the 4th beta start?