Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eorzea: The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Eorzea: The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) (/showthread.php?tid=315)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Kima wolf - 08-02-2010

Well, looks like I'm the only person in the world who never played WoW (I know, its okay to be shocked lol). When WoW came out, it launched around the same time as another game which was supposed to destroy gaming, the game I bet on instead of WoW. Everquest 2. Can't say I regret never playing WoW because I had some of the greatest Roleplay I've ever had on Antonia Bayle RP server even if the game wasn't the size of WoW. I also began Final Fantasy XI, but never was able to find the Roleplay there as much as i'd like. I would hope that Final Fantasy XIV has a nice large, stable Roleplaying community ala Everquest 2 or City or Heroes even if it won't have a server tagged RP. And those emotes will go a long ways to helping the world feel more "lifelike".

And I hope no game strives to be a WoW-killer, because striving for it will definitely doom your game to failure, FFXIV will certainly be bigger than FFXI which was huge for a MMO on its own. I just have this sneaking feeling this one will be bigger, but won't approach WoW levels of success but I don't think it needs to either.

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Eva - 08-02-2010

I never played WoW either, so you're not alone. I actually really enjoyed the Warcraft series pre-MMO. But I was heavily absorbed into FFXI by that point, and knew right off that WoW wouldn't be able to hold a candle to it.

So I guess I can't really comment on this stuff. Just wanted to say that you're not alone Kima. lol

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Kima wolf - 08-02-2010

Eva Wrote:I never played WoW either, so you're not alone. I actually really enjoyed the Warcraft series pre-MMO. But I was heavily absorbed into FFXI by that point, and knew right off that WoW wouldn't be able to hold a candle to it.

So I guess I can't really comment on this stuff. Just wanted to say that you're not alone Kima. lol

heheh oh its always nice to be not be alone lol, its much appreciated to know there are other WoW virgins out there haha Tongue

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Axl - 08-02-2010

I think WoW really over expanded the warcraft lore to a stupid level.

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Asyria - 08-02-2010

Not only did they expand to a stupid level but they retconned a lot of lore that was pretty nice back then.
I now hope they never do a Starcraft mmo seeing as that game's lore is still simple, straightforward, and makes sense.

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Axl - 08-02-2010

Yeah, a starcraft MMO would not work so good.

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Hiname - 08-02-2010

Oh come on, we all want an Warhammer 40k MMO. You know it.

... I would have a hard time deciding between an Eldar Farseer or a Tyranid Carnifex. Muaahahahaha! .. Ohhh, a Space Marine tank! Food in cans! *rips armor plate down*

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - ArmachiA - 08-02-2010

^ There is a Warhammer 40k MMO in the works already,

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Asyria - 08-02-2010

Yes they are making a 40k mmo. And the first thing they officially stated was they were going to do it like WoW. I have been trying to find an alternative to WoW for so long now and the first thing they officially announce about the mmo based on one of my favorite worlds ever is.. "we gonna copy them!". *cries*

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Gavriel - 08-02-2010

Asyria Wrote:Yes they are making a 40k mmo. And the first thing they officially stated was they were going to do it like WoW. I have been trying to find an alternative to WoW for so long now and the first thing they officially announce about the mmo based on one of my favorite worlds ever is.. "we gonna copy them!". *cries*

The first MMO team to actually admit that they are going to copy WoW... As if it hasn't happened at least a dozen times.

I never played WoW either. Actually, I was one of the 70% of people who quit after hitting level 10.

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Arzy - 08-02-2010

Oh ~ Mi ~ Gooosh! That expression system is so awesooome! -Po impression-

And have you guys seen that Alpha to Beta game graphics transformation vid?

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - sassaroth - 08-02-2010

I really like the system I hope it will be easy to use quickly.

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Eeam - 08-05-2010

The second video is up!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEybd106bBU&feature=channel">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEybd106 ... re=channel</a><!-- m -->

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Tadir - 08-05-2010

I posted a link in the lounge a while ago. Didn't think of putting it in here.

Re: Eorzea ― The Making of a Realm #1 (English version) - Asyria - 08-05-2010

Awesomeness!
Again, SE really impresses me with the pains they go through to help players get better immersion!