Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Open] The new offshot in town - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [Open] The new offshot in town (/showthread.php?tid=316)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Open] The new offshot in town - Hiname - 07-29-2010

[Well, Im bored and as the rule to use this city only does not seem to go away for a while, I guess I have to bend things a bit when I dont want to drop dead with boredom. *snicker*
Rules are pretty simple... As I dont see any need to set some up, expect the ones clearly written all over this pretty board full of storys.
Have fun. *smiles*]

Things might have been peacefull in the grand capital. And they more likely will remain peacefull, as the single figure walking around the place and putting flyers ons everal places around the streets would surely not cause much trouble.
Humming peacefully for her own, the young Miqo'te woman carried a large pack of flyers under her arm and a box of nails in her hand. Whenever she reached a promising spot, she stopped and nailed another flyer on the place before moving along.
Most of those pieces of parchment were nailed down on places of trade and comerce.. It seemed like she tried to avoid taverns and such things alike, though she dropped a few flyers around thema s well. Sometimes, people frequenting such places were a needed evil.

The flyers she nailed down all over the city were speaking of a craftmanshiip guild called the Silver Anvil. The simple fact that there was no place or person to speak too for joining was part of the whole idea. Getting people interested and looking usaly helped more then plain, simple advertising.

The sun was high, as the young sunseeker woman in the simple, worn out leather clothes sat down on a puplic bench near the harbor area. Her somehow cute, flopped over ears twitching faintly in the breeze as she groaned from walking around for many hours since the early morning.
The box of nails were empty and the flyers all gone, so she could take a well deserved rest.
With a slight groan, she nimble jumped back on her feet and headed toward the bigger areas of the city again. She needed to make sure that, in a few days or weeks, people who were interested indeed "had" a place to come and join at. So she needed at least a little recruitment branch.

"Sigh... Someone could have told me that this will be more running around the place then acctual work. Everything was so much more easy back home. Just me and my forge..."

So it happened that, on the bigger plaza of the city not far from the Inn and the Adventurers Guild, a young miqo'te and a tall seawolf roegadyn had a rather loud.. argument, that echoed through many streets.
"NO FUGGIN' WAY IM GONNA PAY THAT!" Making her angry was an achievement of its own, but making her yell meant something was seriously wrong.

Appearently, the young woman was not willing to pay the price for that, rather tiny, shop-area that should basicly serve as nothing more then a small recruiment-area while she planned to set up her headquarters way back home away from this big city filled with the smell of the sea.
And that argument would clearly go on for a long while to come.

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Nikolai - 08-03-2010

A sturdy young midlander man with long, matted brown hair was standing in the Octant, mulling over one of the aforementioned flyers. "Awfully vague," the man thought to himself, brushing some dirt from his long, sooty white coat, "but this could be just the sort of thing I've been looking for..." Just as he had that thought, his internal monologue was interrupted by a miqo'te woman shouting nearby. Vulgarities were commonplace in fair Limsa Lominsa, it seemed, though not often at such a volume. He looked over to see the woman locked in an argument with a Roegadyn man. Never one to pass on an opportunity to insert himself into the problems of others, he brusquely and with an air of great purpose strode over to the squabbling pair, and, patting each of them harshly on the back, bellowed out with a great smile, "Well, well! What seems to be the problem here, gents?"

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Hiname - 08-03-2010

"DAMN RIGHT THERE IS!"
The rather frail looking woman with the oddly flopped forward cat-ears was glaring at the much bigger seawolf in front of her with scorching anger swelling in her chest. It was a kinda amusing sight, as the much taller man remained mostly quite and calm, while the ussaly so gentle and calm woman was shouting like someone just made a very rude offer to her.

"That huge, cheating brickhead demands a freaking fortune for that tiny excuse of an store area! I get a shop in the better area of town for easily HALF the price!"
All the time during this "conversation", the angered Miqo'Te was waving around a nicely filled purse that obviously packed enough money to abck up her words.
"Then why dont you get one of those if my price does not fit you missy?" The calm way in which she was treated as made the cute woman boil with anger. One might actually see that she was ready to burst any second.
But, she suddenly too a deep sigh, closing her eyes, followed by another deep breath. "Becaaause... I dont "need" a store of this size. All I need is a small area like this to set up my recruitment and registration offshot."

The tall man sighed and looked at the newcommer in this conversation, crossing his arms in front of the massive chest and gave a deep sigh. "Those woman are hopeless.."

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Midaja - 08-03-2010

With her hands covering her sensitive ears Midaja slowly walked past the source of piercing noise, shaking her head while trying to ignore the pulsative ache haunting her mind. She closed her eyes and quickened her pace towards the inn. Not watching her feet she slipped and fell landing nose-first on the cobblestone. "Ouchie..." Her large wizard hat was lying on the floor, fully revealing her black and red hair.

She turned around to see the cause she stumbled: some weird advertisement parchment. Having a quick look at it, the young Miqo'te quickly lost interest in it, since there was no hint of where to get further information. So the decision was made to pursue the last thought: heading back home. Unfortunately her hat seemed to have disappeared and since she couldnt find it nearby, she walked over to the now a lot quiter pair of a Roegadyn and a Miqo'te (now also accompanied by some Hyur man). "Excuuuuse meeee? I think I just lost my hat, has anyone seen it?"

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Nikolai - 08-04-2010

In response to the Roegadyn man, the hyur simply shrugged. "Well, let me see if I understand. Your problem," he said, motioning to the girl, "is that you feel the rental fee for this stand is overpriced, whereas you, sir," he said, acknowledging the Roegadyn man with a nod, "feel that your fee is perfectly reasonable. Is my assessment of the situation accurate?"

However, before anyone could answer, the trio was then approached by another miqo'te woman, who had apparently lost her hat. Without hesitation, the man responded with a great certainty, raising his right index finger into the air, "I have not! However," he continued, using his finger to gesture wildly, pointing all over with incredible confidence and looking a little foolish, "perhaps I can interest you in a scope? For only 500 gil, you'll be able to see several malms further than one could ever hope with just the naked eye. What say you?"

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Hiname - 08-04-2010

Hiname blinket several times. That was quite the change of topic there in a few seconds. But she shrugged and then nodded slowly. "Why, yes, this is pretty much correct. I can't effort to pay such a price for a tiny space like this, I have several other things I need to get for that. There is a sign with my guilds crest just waiting to be picked up within the hour and lets not mention the interior I need to buy. The price for this shop is just insane! What is it, is the backroom made of hidden gold or still packing a bunch of corpses?"

Clearly, the feisty woman was hard to "really" calm once she picked up her anger. She could not stop glaring at the mountain of a man in front of her.

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Midaja - 08-04-2010

Raising one eyebrow she answered a simple "No, thanks" to the Hyur's offer, but now seemed much more interested in the conversation going on, "and if you" she pointet at the other Miqo'te "could have another, bigger place in town for the same amount of money you could just ask someone to share the bill, he getting the space you dont need. If it really is so hard to find a rather small location for an adequate price, and with your talent of drawing everyones attention, Im quite sure you'll find someone to pair with." Scratching her ear she added "Well, to make a deal with I mean..." while talking she was already scanning the area for her hat again, one hand resting on her temple.

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Nikolai - 08-04-2010

Wounded by the woman's disinterest, the man set his hands decisively at his hips and seemed to pout. However, as the conversation redirected itself towards the other woman's plight, his posture promptly recovered, and he once again seemed to teem with energy. "Hm, yes, indeed! No need of this dullard," he scoffed, waving a dismissive hand at the Roegadyn. "Pray indulge me, precisely what sort of an establishment is it that you seek to open?"

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Hiname - 08-04-2010

"Whatever... If you look for me, I'll be inside then and wait for someone to pay up."
The big man yawned, obviously bored by the raging woman and her freshly found backup, before he left and indeed walked inside.
Hiname sighed and facepalmed for a moment, mumbling under her rbeath before she looked up. "I want to open up a recruitment office for my guilds headquarters that will open up in gridania real soon. Though i need to make sure I reach more people in the world then just in the grand forest."

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Midaja - 08-04-2010

"Oh", she returned her attention to the others, "so it was you distributing those slippery flyers lying on the ground? So you're part of this crafter coalition? Do you have some good weaver? Maybe I'll need one soon, if my hat doesnt reappear as suddenly as it vanished..." She covered her head with her arms. "I don't like the sun, it makes my head ache."

She blinked, returned to a normal stance and cocked her head, her pink eyes lost in thought. "But I doubt that you're interested in my quirks."

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Antrekk - 08-04-2010

The words: "weaver" and "need" instantly piqued the interest of the overtly tall and muscle bound Highland Hyur as he was passing by. He grinned wide and reached up a hand to stroke his handlebar mustache as he approached the woman in need of his "special" skills. The approach didn't take long, for his strides were longer than a lalafell could hop.

"Hah! I hear need of weaver! I am weaver, Antrekk Bannikov! I make all great cloth things you need! You tell what need yes?" The huge man smiled, placing his hands on hips, and towered over the Miqo'te that mentioned she needed a new hat.

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Nikolai - 08-05-2010

(Oh, man. I'm just imagining the accent. I love it.)

As Antrekk stood towering over the crowd with confidence, having so brazenly inserted himself into the conversation, the midlander man shifted in demeanor once more; he now looked quite indignant. "Bah! Nonsense, she needs no hat! Here..."

With another grand motion, he opened the left side of his coat, revealing pockets stuffed with all manner of odd contraptions; he began rifling through them all, until he procured a small vial of thick, translucent green cream. With a surprisingly dashing, though rather devilish smile, he suavely presented it to the woman, his now free left hand outstretched to point at it as he held the vial delicately in the other hand. "You'll like this one. This here is an alchemical substance of my design that I like to call Sun-Be-Gone! You merely massage the ointment into your skin, and instantly, you are warded from even the most insufferable heat!" He attempted, then, to press the vial into the hands of the woman; the polished glass was refreshingly cool to the touch. "You may consider that a gift; free of charge," he said with a satisfied nod, followed by a quick, mocking smirk directed at Antrekk.

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Antrekk - 08-05-2010

Antrekk certainly noticed the Midlander's smirk, letting out a sudden guffaw and flexing his considerable biceps.

"Guwahahaha! What is this? You give girl vial of snake spittle so that she may make-believe protection? Maybe it work, maybe it don't, but snake spittle soon run out, and then what girl do? Come back to you?"

Antrekk removed what previously looked like a bundle of poles and canvas strapped to his back. Then with a sudden flourish, the bundle unfolded across the ground before him, showing an array of cloth goods and clothing, notably dresses.

"This just small sample! Take look! Even few hats, hats that not need be rubbed over body!"

He grinned at the Midlander, his bright smile almost seeming to sparkle.

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Midaja - 08-05-2010

"I.... Er.... Well..." She eyed the newcomer up and down, having a brief look at his assortment. "I can hardly believe your a weaver, you seem rather... Muscular and made for harsh work." Blinking a few times in confusion as she was handed the vial she now seemed lost in perplexity. "Wow, I didnt expect to find such helpful people out on the streets", she smiled for a short moment, "but I'd really prefer wearing a hat. I love hats, especially mine. Which... Is... Now dangling on a pole at the pier I suppose. And if I cant find mine, I want to have a similar one!" Folding her arms to emphasize her monologue she became aware of the vial still in her hand and gave it back. "And I dont think some liquid against heat will help my brain not to protest against solar radiation."

After a brief sigh she curiously looked at the highlanders craftet cloth again, seeing a beret and a few other caps, but not what she was looking for. "Neeeeeow, there some kind of cute, but not what I want... And well, maybe I should try to find my own hat, before I buy a new one. I think Ill just... Go looking for it and then come back." And with no more words, but an expression in her face, like she just had the best idea of her whole life, she dashed away.

Re: [Open] The new offshot in town - Hiname - 08-06-2010

" ... What in the name of king tonberrys lantern was THAT?"
She was getting more and more confused, as she tried to say something several times by now, scratching her head and giving a sift sigh before she looked at the huge man as well and blinked faintly with the idea of him being a weaver. But then again.. you take what you get in such times.

"AHAM! ... Well, yes, Those flyiers are mine. The Silver Anvil is my idea and guild, being a place for crafters of all kinds, on the way of being a brand known for quality and dedication. Or at least thats where things have to start."