Hydaelyn Role-Players
Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Benchmark Creation Screenshots (/showthread.php?tid=3198)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - lady2beetle - 08-01-2013

I finally have mine! Yay!!!

Adriel Marchand

[Image: cnEyQyZ.png]

Tyakha Zhwan

[Image: PUhQoVU.png]

Runa Dawning

[Image: 3qJwKyI.png]

I don't like Adriel's look, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I'll tweak it over the next week or so. I *might* change her completely to have black hair. Hmm...

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Gar - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 01:32 PM)Clover Wrote: I need help though. What colour would be best? One that blends with her hair, or a more noticeable tan? (>_<;
(08-01-2013, 03:34 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote: I played around with it until I got a decent idea of what Ashren will look like, but I can't decide on which face to use, so hoping I can get some advice from the community.

Clover, I like the less tan one just a little better. It gives her a bit more of a sweet and gentle look to her with her pink hair color. Maybe because her blush is a little more noticeable. 

Ashren, both look really good. I really don't know your character or else I'd have a better opinion. The younger one looks like he's gruffed himself up some, but still might have a bit of a charming and/or soft side.

The older version looks a bit more angsty, which could be fun. "Dammit! I have to save these stupid kids again!"

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Jijinji - 08-01-2013

This is great, this is really great! I can use this and all my free time to tweak Aegon!

Aegon with blue hair: 
Spoiler: show
[Image: aegonblue_by_vicialblue-d6g6vhc.png]
[Image: aegonblue2_by_vicialblue-d6g6xek.png]
[Image: aegonblue3_by_vicialblue-d6g6xe7.png]

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Valtiere - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 03:34 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote: I played around with it until I got a decent idea of what Ashren will look like, but I can't decide on which face to use, so hoping I can get some advice from the community.

Show Content

or

Show Content

I personally think the second one is fantastic. Smile

This is my Miqo'te, Takh'a Nybori:

Show Content

And my midlander Annessa:

Show Content

(08-01-2013, 03:53 PM)Aegon Wrote: This is great, this is really great! I can use this and all my free time to tweak Aegon!

FTR, I adore Aegon's expression. He's like, "Excuse me, miss, I don't have time for your flirting, but I'm too polite to tell you so."

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Elicoidali - 08-01-2013

Show Content

or

Show Content

Depends on what your character is like I suppose? Personality, history, stuff like that? That aside, aesthetically I like the more hardened looking one. :]

(08-01-2013, 04:01 PM)Runa Dawning Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 03:53 PM)Aegon Wrote: This is great, this is really great! I can use this and all my free time to tweak Aegon!

FTR, I adore Aegon's expression. He's like, "Excuse me, miss, I don't have time for your flirting, but I'm too polite to tell you so."

Huh, at first I wasn't to fond of the expression, but now that you mention it yes I can see that in his expression! Haha I like that, thank you!

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Martiallais - 08-01-2013

Dunno why, but I think the red hair seems to fit/be cooler IMO.

(08-01-2013, 04:21 PM)Zarek Wrote:

Dunno why, but I think the red hair seems to fit/be cooler IMO.

Yes I was/am really fond of the red hair, it's just almost every other Midlander I ran into had the same hair color and highlights. I'm trying out a lot of different things a lot of different colors. Also I have red hair in real life so it feels like I was projecting a little.

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Martiallais - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 04:26 PM)Aegon Wrote: Yes I was/am really fond of the red hair, it's just almost every other Midlander I ran into had the same hair color and highlights. I'm trying out a lot of different things a lot of different colors. Also I have red hair in real life so it feels like I was projecting a little.

Yeah? Hm. I guess it's just experience. I saw more white hair than anything (which after TERA just makes me think a whole lotta Dante's). But yeah, you go with what you feel works best. Smile

(08-01-2013, 04:30 PM)Zarek Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 04:26 PM)Aegon Wrote: Yes I was/am really fond of the red hair, it's just almost every other Midlander I ran into had the same hair color and highlights. I'm trying out a lot of different things a lot of different colors. Also I have red hair in real life so it feels like I was projecting a little.

Yeah? Hm. I guess it's just experience. I saw more white hair than anything (which after TERA just makes me think a whole lotta Dante's). But yeah, you go with what you feel works best. Smile
 Yeah it could be selective viewing on my part. The top three colors I have seen are White/Red/Green. There seem to be obsessions with those colors. I mean I personally really like white hair but it's kinda overdone so I don't use it. Green hard color to make work in my opinion. My favorite color is in fact a Green-Blue middle ground or Teal so I went with something like that for the hair/eyes.

Okay, I took everyone's advice and changed Adri's hair color. Now my next question - light skin or dark skin? Here are the options:

[Image: SZLZns1.jpg]

[Image: xLK0uCF.jpg]

((Yes, they are different.))

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Rio van Rosch - 08-01-2013

Rurufi Rufi has arrived! (Hurray for finally having a picture of her! I've been waiting for this.)

[Image: LWRKRGN.png]

And also Rio, remade for ARR! (But not making it into the game most likely.)

[Image: F5Fhn3M.png]

(08-01-2013, 04:50 PM)Runa Dawning Wrote: Okay, I took everyone's advice and changed Adri's hair color. Now my next question - light skin or dark skin? Here are the options:

[Image: SZLZns1.jpg]

[Image: xLK0uCF.jpg]

((Yes, they are different.))

I personally like the darker one better.

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Ashren Dotharl - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 04:18 PM)Elicoidali Wrote:

Show Content

or

Show Content

Depends on what your character is like I suppose? Personality, history, stuff like that? That aside, aesthetically I like the more hardened looking one. :]

Well the character is supposed to have been raised through a rough life, lots of physical activity and training. In addition his personality is supposed to be somewhat cold and hardened, cynical to some degree. My only concern is that he may look a little too old, where I'm trying to go for rugged or tough.