Hydaelyn Role-Players
Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Benchmark Creation Screenshots (/showthread.php?tid=3198)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - K'nahli - 08-02-2013

Here is a random Highlander I made the other day. I had no pre-conceived notions that I would even make one but I actually like how he turned out ^^

Tayo Thorne
Show Content

These are some of Alex Hawthorn, my bounty hunter. The two pictures at the top are the original face model I tried. I took several with a different face model to show a friend to see which she thought looked better. What do you think? He's supposed to be a dangerous and cocky character. He almost believes himself invincible at this stage.
Show Content

Then there's Andre Winter, my "snowflake" character. He's rather mellow and carefree. He's very sociable and serves as a part-time bard in taverns and restaurants. He should have a very approachable look I think, but once again I am torn between two face models. Opinions would be appreciated! ^^"
Show Content

And finally, my beloved MiqoMiqo! K'nahli...
Show Content

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Mynk - 08-02-2013

Well, a bit after Phase 3 I suddenly decided I'd probably main an Elezen (Duskwight) completely out of the blue and couldn't wait for this benchmark so I could actually play around and see if I'd be happy with that choice.

So, my first real attempt which I'm already quite fond of (though I'm sure I'll adjust colours and fine tune various things each day until P4 starts):

[Image: RBelle.jpg]

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Teardrop - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 05:23 PM)Mynk Wrote: Well, a bit after Phase 3 I suddenly decided I'd probably main an Elezen (Duskwight) completely out of the blue and couldn't wait for this benchmark so I could actually play around and see if I'd be happy with that choice.

So, my first real attempt which I'm already quite fond of (though I'm sure I'll adjust colours and fine tune various things each day until P4 starts):

[Image: RBelle.jpg]

Wise choice, my friend...and as lovely as we always are Cool

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Clover - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 04:29 PM)Callipygian Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 04:17 PM)Clover Wrote:  
Since the majority of people I've asked told me they like this skintone better, I guess K'mih will keep it... Though, I kinda wanted her to be a bit tanned...

Go with what you prefer.  Others are going to give your character a deep, critical evaluation for all of two seconds, and probably won't even notice a difference between a shade or two of skin-tone.  It's 99% likely that if the skin-tone is going to bug anyone, it's you, the primary player who is playing the character for hours on end, so go with what you like.
Aah, thank you! I actually... don't know which one I prefer, as I like both for different reasons. I've spent the past two days thinking non stop about it; my head's exploding *laughs*.

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Martiallais - 08-02-2013

To prove I'm not a one trick pony...here's an Elezen I ended up making in the CC. If I make an alt, this'll probably be him.

[Image: ElezenFFXIV_zps8d104dda.png]

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Selsix - 08-02-2013

I NEEEEEEEED TO PLAAAAAAY. /twitch

But seriously, some really nice looking characters in here. Looking forward to getting to know you all from an RP standpoint.Moogle
[Image: 7QTdLOf.jpg]

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Z'raf Davari - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 04:47 PM)K'nahli Wrote: Here is a random Highlander I made the other day. I had no pre-conceived notions that I would even make one but I actually like how he turned out ^^

Tayo Thorne
Show Content

These are some of Alex Hawthorn, my bounty hunter. The two pictures at the top are the original face model I tried. I took several with a different face model to show a friend to see which she thought looked better. What do you think? He's supposed to be a dangerous and cocky character. He almost believes himself invincible at this stage.
Show Content

Then there's Andre Winter, my "snowflake" character. He's rather mellow and carefree. He's very sociable and serves as a part-time bard in taverns and restaurants. He should have a very approachable look I think, but once again I am torn between two face models. Opinions would be appreciated! ^^"
Show Content

And finally, my beloved MiqoMiqo! K'nahli...
Show Content

I say the new face for Alex, looks more like a tough guy to me. For Andre I like the new face better as well. It conveys his innocence and approachability through his eyes.

Here is my my main Z'raf. Its funny, every time I do adjustments his hair gets lighter and his skin darker. Angel

Show Content

My alt Niana is still up in the air. I've made a midlander and highlander version of her, though I cant decide on which. The midlander could be a run-away noble while the highlander could be from a fallen house of Ala Mhigo.
Show Content

Thank you very much! *-* You are of the same opinion as me for both characters >o<"

If I may also say, I love your miqo'te character. He looks very cool. I have been doing lots of tinkering and re-tinkering with each of my characters as well, particularly skin tone and hair shades -o- It's definitely serious business, nothing to be taken lightly, eheh.

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Annaveil - 08-02-2013

Such great looking characters in here so far! I've been thumbing through this thread for a couple of hours now. Found some great inspiration! Smile Here's my two little (big) people.

Eve Nightingale

[Image: MxZqyVK.png]

Ridiculously Good Looking Guy With No Name Yet Anselm Graybringer

[Image: h5E0xYa.png]

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - shinymogwai - 08-02-2013

So, uh, I've spent far too much time playing with the character creator. Waaay too much.

Here's my main, Sehn the Keeper.

Show Content

I'm sure there will be MANY more. I think I might be addicted to the thing...

(08-02-2013, 10:24 PM)shinymogwai Wrote: So, uh, I've spent far too much time playing with the character creator. Waaay too much.
Hahaha... can you imagine if there really was such a thing as spending too much time playing with the creator?

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Kyatai - 08-03-2013

So... have a few here:

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

T'kyiah Soren (Gilgamesh)

AND...

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

Version 1

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

Version 2
Chiané Naevioux, Clan N'Ardenté

**Can't decide which Chiané I prefer. Meant to add the scar to V2's chin, but forgot. She is also had dark blue/purple hair with purple-red/burgundy highlights, but can't really see it well in these pictures.
So far, been told V1 looks more punk, V2 more elegant.
V2 has prettier eyes
Input from my DW peeps (or anyone, *grins*)???

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Myxie Tryxle - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 01:41 AM)Kyatai Wrote: **Can't decide which Chiané I prefer. Meant to add the scar to V2's chin, but forgot. She is also had dark blue/purple hair with purple-red/burgundy highlights, but can't really see it well in these pictures.
So far, been told V1 looks more punk, V2 more elegant.
V2 has prettier eyes
Input from my DW peeps (or anyone, *grins*)???

Version one looks slightly younger due to the shorter hairstyle. It indicates a potentially more playful personality, whereas the longer hair looks more mature. This is probably the reasoning behind the punk vs. elegant comments. Personally, I prefer version 1, but that's mostly because I'm a big fan of purple (my favorite color).

If you wanted to mix the two, you could keep the emerald green eyes offset by a purple tattoo/lipstick and see if the contrast makes both more vibrant. Perhaps add green (or purple) highlights to the hair to round it out. I've also found if you do highlights but pick the same color as the main color, you still get a slight highlighting of the base color that looks better than the base without highlights (in my opinion). Can't really tell what colors you have for the hair in the second version.

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - Kyatai - 08-03-2013

hmm thanks. Still fiddling....

RE: Benchmark Creation Screenshots - LiadansWhisper - 08-03-2013

So...this thing is way too diverting.

I started out thinking I wanted to play this:

[Image: ho4.png]

But then I was playing in the Benchmark and I unexpectedly got this:

[Image: gzzv.png]

And after playing around more (because I really like Midlanders and was planning on playing one):

[Image: amjz.png]

So now I'm torn.  I can't decide!  And meanwhile, THIS is appealing to me (I have seriously tried but I just cannot make a Lalafell without shimmery pink or purple hair, which may make me a bad person :S):

[Image: flv1.png]

And then I tried Elezan, even though something about their proportions makes me twitch:

[Image: gmzv.png]

And I couldn't help but make a Mi'quote:

[Image: xvbz.png]

...help me.  I think I have a problem.... D: