Hydaelyn Role-Players
Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread (/showthread.php?tid=329)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - sassaroth - 08-05-2010

Crystal Wrote:Sorry to post twice in a row but when I was writing up my last post I realized I didn't have a chance to respond to Sass. I'm going to just assume she gave her name politely so not to break up the flow of conversation. Sorry to have to retcon like that.

I just had Sondra go sit somewhere so she wasn't standing in the middle of the group like a statue while waiting for people to respond Laugh

He pretty much ehard you say it to the others and assumed you ment him too.

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Seraphine Felstar - 08-05-2010

Okay, I just didn't want to come across as being rude or something Laugh

I racked my brain for a good quote to use for Seraj. She's been so friendly and nice she brings a lot of energy to the group, but I'm not sure if that is just my interpretation of her. Of course she might be planning on lifting a few wallets before the night is through for all I know Tongue I think what most stood out in my mind was the fact she's a gambler and she has sort of won over the group without any explanation. Luck or skill, you decide Wink

I hope Az actually likes Sondra's interpretation of her instead of whacking her with her cane for making an assumption about her elders or something.

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Kashemia - 08-05-2010

The quote fits perfectly, and I'm really glad that your impression of her seem to be exactly what I had hoped for ^^ It's always nice to get a chance to test out your characters, and see how they work with people, and if you manage to get their personality through as you imagine it Smile
And while she is a bit if a grifter, she's also supposed to be friendly and chatty, and able to talk her way out of some of the troubles she get herself into ^^

I really like Sondra as a char btw, are you planning to play her when the game launches, or is she made for this rp thread?

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - sassaroth - 08-05-2010

oh dear, what will mine look like... At least he cleaned himself up before the picture.

Sorry if my posts are not very long. I don't tend to make very larges posts at times. Sass just doesn't have much to say at the moment.

No worries, I try to keep it sort of short as well Smile There's a lot of people, so I really try to just react a bit and then hand it on and see what else is happening Smile

I'm glad I was reading your character correctly and I wasn't just making assumptions. Now if only I had any real artistic talent in real life I'd actually draw the pictures. I'll just have to be content with my lame cut and paste photoshop work XD

I could respond to everyone now since I think just about everyone has said something Sondra could respond to but I think I'm going to wait and see if Az does a response to her picture before I move forward.

And what is our local baddie doing in the corner? - Vials of crack or people's souls? Tongue

If you don't mind, I could give at least Seraj's portrait a try Smile I usually have a bit more cartoony style, but I could try something that wasn't TOO cartoony, and I really liked the description of the picture Smile
I sadly can not promise it will be done that fast though, since I'm starting a for me larger project next week.

Go ahead! I think it's a awesome idea and I can't wait to see what you come up with. Take your time ^^

Also, I forgot to answer your question about making her in game. The $3 a slot is kinda killing me at the moment as I tend to make a lot of characters. This time around I think I can only afford three so I'm trying to figure out which ones stay and which ones get the boot. Right now it's Crystal, Cassondra and my FFXI main Seraphine, but that's three female hyurs so it might be a bit boring. I've also had the urged to remake my mithra character but her background has more holes then swiss cheese so maybe not. Sadly Cassondra is first on my boot list but she's grown on me a lot.

Ah, I know the problem! I'm usually a huge alt-aholic myself, so it will be tough, having to chose more carefully this time. On the other hand, I hope it can let me focus more on one character, and really develop her rather than spreading too thin Smile
But yeah, it makes sense that having 3 of the same race/gender might end up a bit boring, so I understand if you end up booting her. She's a fun char to rp with, but I'm sure the others will be too! I'm looking forward to "meeting" Crystal Smile

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - sassaroth - 08-06-2010

I have a picture of Sass I drew already Crystal. You can use it for inspiration.

This is in my character archive picture.

[Image: sassaroth5.jpg]

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Seraphine Felstar - 08-07-2010

It looks like the thread is winding down a bit so I encourage everyone to get in whatever last minute RP they'd like to do and I'll be ending it by tomorrow at this time unless something interesting happens. Thanks to everyone for joining in! :cheer:

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Kashemia - 08-07-2010

Sounds good, and I had a lot of fun Smile I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in game!

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Hayden - 08-10-2010

its been fun, I enjoyed it a lot!