Hydaelyn Role-Players
How far did you get in 1.0? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How far did you get in 1.0? (/showthread.php?tid=3339)

Pages: 1 2 3

How far did you get in 1.0? - Averis - 08-06-2013

I've seen a couple posts recently from 1.0 players saying that they didn't really get that far in 1.0. I'm one of those players as well. So this made me curious, how far did most people here get in 1.0?

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Alexandr Nocturne - 08-06-2013

Final beta + the free month of retail. L12 maybe?

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Fiona Swift - 08-06-2013

*proud epic pose. Points an arrow to the sky, the metal glimmering as it catches the sun* Beta Phase!!

*pauses at all the glares* Whaaa.a..... that counts... right?

Thumbsup

*dodges the rotten fruit and vegetables*

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Averis - 08-06-2013

I added a poll. Cool

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - LandStander - 08-06-2013

I think I hit 40 or maybe a bit over it, but never did any primal battles (as I sort of quit before the primal battles came out, but came back for a bit, leveled, but couldn't get my LS to run the level 30 primal battle with me as they were more interested in the end game dungeons and primal battles so I just quit again) and didn't do any dungeons except that level 30 one, Totorak or whatever. I played for a year but crafted mostly because the combat was bad...back when it took me 2 or 3 five hour days to craft down a ton of buffalo and sheep skins Frustrated....I guess the crafting was just as bad, hahaha. I think most of my play time was accumulated in Ul'dah, lol.

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Adelpha - 08-06-2013

Two 50's, though mostly just focused on one. I'm only somewhat geared up on one class. Level 20 or less in all crafting disciplines, and level 30 or less in all other battle/magic classes.

Did very little of the endgame because inertial motion and spellcasting lag made for fairly unfun times.

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Kassandra Dawn - 08-06-2013

I tortured myself and leveled all the battle classes to 50.

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Alothia - 08-06-2013

I have 3 classes at 50, one at 47, and the rest of the battle classes at around 30ish.

As far as crafting or gathering goes...nothing of note.

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Aysun - 08-06-2013

I played the whole two years, so I've got a few 50s.. Two 50s, which I intend to keep my mains for endgame content: BRD and WHM. The rest of my DoW/M jobs are all in the 30s out of boredom, but I don't really enjoy them. My first 50 was actually weaver. I have alchemy, leatherworker, carpenter, botanist, miner, and fisher all 50 as well.

Needless to say, I'm leveling an alternate version of my character to experience leveling from scratch in ARR and relearn how to play my jobs, while keeping my achievement hunting stuff/endgame bizniz on the original! Big Grin I'm very excited!

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Alexandr Nocturne - 08-06-2013

I got lucky.  EB had a big sale on it.  Got it I think for $30.  Considering I get ARR for free as a result, and ARR is also $30... Big Grin

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Isilme - 08-06-2013

I kinda lost my brain in 1.0.

I crafted to be self-sufficient. My goal was to be able to repair any and all pieces of gear myself (This was useful early on, not so much by the end, but I wanted to damnit!). Later on, you needed the 40+ abilities from pretty much ALL the crafts to maximize your chances of HQing, so... I went crazy crafter kitty. Only 2 50's, but everything aside from cooking is well over 30.

And I leveled all the combat jobs because someone, somewhere, might need me to go monk someday. And the AF quest storyline stuff was so cool I wanted to see all of it.

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Chickpea - 08-06-2013

Eep! Look at all these veterans! In a way, I'm relieved because I know there will be so many people who will KNOW what they're doing, but then again I'm also kind of scared because FFXIV is already kind of established.

I alpha'd and beta'd FFXIV. I didn't even gain any levels! Sad I feel silly about that. I just preordered FFXIV the other day so I'm doin' a happy dance.

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Renna - 08-06-2013

I leveled all jobs to 50, and all crafting/gathering to 20. Once there, I took alchemy and fishing to 50, and reached 33 weaver before the server lock. With A Realm Reborn, I'm looking forward to capping all of my crafting and gathering classes, as well as Arcanist. Gotta have em all Smile

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Doyle - 08-06-2013

Level 12 I think, in like 1 job. -_-
I think I may have gotten flower-picking to level 4 or something.

RE: How far did you get in 1.0? - Merri - 08-06-2013

All jobs to 50, Armorer to 50, a handful of Darklight, a boatload of primal weapons and almost one fully finished relic before the servers went down. Played basically from 1.0 beta to it's shutdown.