Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y (/showthread.php?tid=3379)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Moltove - 08-08-2013

O hai!

Soooo~

I just pre-ordered Pokemon Y at my local Gamestop, then came home to browse the interwebz, only to find out that THE UK GETS AN AWESOME PRE-ORDER BONUS!! And all I got was a cheap poster I would never hang in my room...like ever.

I was wondering if there's any fellow Poke Nerds out there in the UK to help me out. While in the US they could just randomly drop a new bonus to us in minutes or in a month or not at all...I just want some pokeball game holder case things.

Is there any way I could convince someone to sell 'em off to me if they pre-order? I'd even pay for shipping, at this point!

Would there be an easier way to do this? I had a Gamestop rep say one of his customers bought SEVEN copies of Assassin's Creed for all the different bonuses (limited/legendary editions, different regions for all), and sold off what he didn't want, plus the games.

I'm in the US, of course, so I wondered the sell-ability of PAL region games, too.

I'm sorry, but I'm a glutton for collectors things...and Pokemon things -.-;

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - LandStander - 08-08-2013

I just felt like you had to watch this. There is a bit of language in it so NSFW?

[youtube]X5Izm1LQfw4[/youtube]

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Moltove - 08-08-2013

Thanks, one of the few videos I haven't seen yet XD

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Aleister - 08-11-2013

... I'm exactly the same Moltove..

._. -flail- Why can't we get the good stuff?!

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Nel Celestine - 08-11-2013

so depressed over the NA pre-order gift.  a Reversible poster.  How lame ._.

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Moltove - 08-13-2013

Gah, tell me about it -.-;

I guess I'll have to save some fast cash to pre-order from the UK, then sell off the games >.<

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - CalemvirLucin - 08-13-2013

Can't wait for Pokemon X <3

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Rue - 08-13-2013

I'm so jealous I want a pokeball!

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Aleister - 08-13-2013

(08-11-2013, 11:26 PM)Nel Celestine Wrote: so depressed over the NA pre-order gift.  a Reversible poster.  How lame ._.
Not even that great either.. Pictures of legendaries on one side and a picture of the new area.. >:l Like we can't tell what is the legendaries or we'll use the poster map instead of our in-game map. -FACEPALM.-

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Momo - 10-06-2013

How is there not more talk about this?!?!  Minus a few of the new pokemon designs, these games look epic, and are poised to become two of the highest selling handheld games of all time!  The new legendaries are some of the best I've seen in a few gens, and though I'm not as excited about it, mega-evos seem to be a hot topic among people buying the game.

Been playing since I was 11, now 26, first game was blue, and I am fairly certain that I won't stop playing until I'm dead!  Long Live Pokemon!  What else is everyone excited about?

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Getsuya - 10-06-2013

Japan's pre-orders get you a figure of the cover Legendary from whichever game you get. However, if you pre-order both games at the same time you also get a 'soundtrack' (it only has 3 tracks) and an art book with exclusive art.

That said, for some reason Japanese people don't seem to care that much for their pre-order bonuses or maybe the market just gets flooded because every time I go to Sofmap I always see people trading in used games with all the pre-order and special-edition bonuses untouched. I bought a used copy of Tales of Xillia the other day and the previous owner hadn't even bothered to use the exclusive pre-order bonus item download codes.

That said I don't have a 3DS so my investment in XY will be to rent the anime DVDs from the local Tsutaya once I finish with Best Wishes.

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Lost River - 10-06-2013

I'm honestly not much of a fan of Pokemon, I didn't get a handheld until later in the hand-held generation (Nintendo handheld mind you, not all together); DS Lite with my own money. Parents had a rule growing up. You either get a console or a handheld. I always went console.

I'm quite the MegaTen fan (Shin Megami Tensei) which in itself, can be considered an adult (mature) Pokemon. Although, -this- series actually has be interested and curious... so I am running blind into Pokemon, any suggestions, people who have played Pokemon since hay-day or newcomers like me?

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - K'dath - 10-06-2013

It's cool to see SOMEONE'S excited. Everyone I've tried to talk to about it has looked at me like I'm an idiot for being a grown ass man and still playing Pokemon.

I think it's a lovely series and has completely accomplished what it was set out to do, which is bring people together. It's spanned not just the world wide but also through time, so you have kids now playing with parents who played when they were kids. It's simple, but engaging. I'm always excited for the latest version.

I haven't followed the up-to-the-minute news on it since E3, personally, because I wanted to play it with no expectations and find out all the cool new stuff on my own.

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Aleister - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 12:19 PM)K Wrote: It's cool to see SOMEONE'S excited. Everyone I've tried to talk to about it has looked at me like I'm an idiot for being a grown ass man and still playing Pokemon.

I think it's a lovely series and has completely accomplished what it was set out to do, which is bring people together. It's spanned not just the world wide but also through time, so you have kids now playing with parents who played when they were kids. It's simple, but engaging. I'm always excited for the latest version.

I haven't followed the up-to-the-minute news on it since E3, personally, because I wanted to play it with no expectations and find out all the cool new stuff on my own.
You should look on the main X/Y site just because there are some pokemon that have/will be announced as a nintendo zone only obtainable and you don't wanna miss that when the event starts just because those pokemon might not be in the game.

RE: Sooo...Pokemon X/Y - Michikyou - 10-06-2013

We get that bonus in NZ too, but then again we pay over 70+ dollars per game.
(around 69 USD for one game over here).

Frustrated

on a side note. I got [b]Y[/b]