Hydaelyn Role-Players
Subway's Cookies - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Subway's Cookies (/showthread.php?tid=3505)

Pages: 1 2 3

Subway's Cookies - Chance - 08-12-2013

Now I have a question...You all know how good Subway's cookies are (Obviously subject to opinion). How would the sandwich maker react if you just came in and requested 20 cookies? Before that how would they feel at the fact you only went in there for their cookies lmao? I am so tempted to drive up there right now and find out, whose with me?

RE: Subway's Cookies - Fiona Swift - 08-12-2013

I avoid subway . I find the food very low quality and while those cookies are probably really good I'm sure they are just bought in by a bakery / vendor like most retailers get.

Even where I work we get our cookies in from a vendor (frozen pre sliced cookie dough) but we bake them store side so they are still fresh baked. I'm pretty sure Subway doesn't have an oven to bake cookies ^^ Just like Pizza Hut doesn't have a pizza oven.. they got a conveyor belt going through a giant toaster oven.

Anyhow! They probably wouldn't care less since a sale is a sale. $ is $. Do it! Buy all their cookies for the day!

RE: Subway's Cookies - Felix Sideris - 08-12-2013

I like subway, personally. 

Fast food will always be fast food, but sub way is certainly a lot healthier than anything deep fried.

I don't know how the person would react, but I would like to find out Evil

my gripe with them is the quality of the cold cuts used + how they are storing them during the day. The two subways where I live make some of the worst coldcut subs in the area.

The Turkey and Ham are always slimy by the mid-afternoon and the cheese oddly isn't that cold which leads me to believe they are not refrigerating the stuff properly. My friend has similar issues out in Oklahoma and never orders cold subs from her place.. only hot subs. It is like Mcdonalds, yeah you got a hot hamburger but who knows what is in that burger Smile Just like those "all white meat chicken nuggets" were "20% white meat 80% Pink goo" until they got busted.

was still "all white" meat... but they never told you the % of meat. Just like some "juices" are actually just 10% juice and 90% sugar and random concentrates

(08-12-2013, 03:03 PM)Felix Sideris Wrote: I don't know how the person would react, but I would like to find out Evil

I hope they say no. Then you can complain they are failing at customer service and refusing to serve you! Then again it would be even funnier if they are out of cookies today.

(08-12-2013, 03:07 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: my gripe with them is the quality of the cold cuts used + how they are storing them during the day.  The two subways where I live make some of the worst coldcut subs in the area.  

The Turkey and Ham are always slimy by the mid-afternoon and the cheese oddly isn't that cold   which leads me to believe they are not refrigerating the stuff properly.  My friend has similar issues out in Oklahoma and never orders cold subs from her place.. only hot subs.     It is like Mcdonalds,   yeah you got a hot hamburger but who knows what is in that burger Smile      Just like those "all white meat chicken nuggets"  were  "20% white meat   80% Pink goo"  until they got busted.  

was still "all white" meat...   but they never told you the % of meat.    Just like some "juices" are actually just 10% juice and 90% sugar and random concentrates
Maybe it's your area? >_> The subways around here are awesome. The food all tastes good, nothing slimy has ever come my way.

RE: Subway's Cookies - AkhutaiAngura - 08-12-2013

Funny that you mention Oklahoma.. S'where I live. ^.^ I'm in Oklahoma City. There's a handful of Subways around my place, but only one that I go to and trust to make a sandwich. The others aren't -bad- perse, but they always screw up the order.. Which is pretty hard to do, since I'm standing right there giving it ot them as they make it.

RE: Subway's Cookies - D R E N - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:07 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: my gripe with them is the quality of the cold cuts used + how they are storing them during the day.  The two subways where I live make some of the worst coldcut subs in the area.  

The Turkey and Ham are always slimy by the mid-afternoon and the cheese oddly isn't that cold   which leads me to believe they are not refrigerating the stuff properly.  My friend has similar issues out in Oklahoma and never orders cold subs from her place.. only hot subs.     It is like Mcdonalds,   yeah you got a hot hamburger but who knows what is in that burger Smile      Just like those "all white meat chicken nuggets"  were  "20% white meat   80% Pink goo"  until they got busted.  

was still "all white" meat...   but they never told you the % of meat.    Just like some "juices" are actually just 10% juice and 90% sugar and random concentrates

(08-12-2013, 03:03 PM)Felix Sideris Wrote: I don't know how the person would react, but I would like to find out Evil

I hope they say no.  Then you can complain they are failing at customer service and refusing to serve you!     Then again it would be even funnier if they are out of cookies today.

You hit the nail right on the metaphorical head! But yes, Subway cookies are amazingly good. Their White Nut Macadamia Cookies are to die for... over and over again.

(08-12-2013, 03:09 PM)Felix Sideris Wrote: Maybe it's your area? >_> The subways around here are awesome. The food all tastes good, nothing slimy has ever come my way.

I'm sure it is. When it comes to chains like that there is often a huge discrepancy in quality since you are only as good as your employees and Management staff. By the way, whatever happen to Jared? I never see him on TV anymore

(08-12-2013, 03:14 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: I'm sure it is. When it comes to chains like that  there is often a huge discrepancy in quality since you are only as good as your employees and Management staff.    By the way, whatever happen to Jared?   I never see him on TV anymore

Jared? What? XD

RE: Subway's Cookies - D R E N - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:19 PM)Felix Sideris Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 03:14 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: I'm sure it is. When it comes to chains like that  there is often a huge discrepancy in quality since you are only as good as your employees and Management staff.    By the way, whatever happen to Jared?   I never see him on TV anymore

Jared? What? XD

High intake of GMO's probably took him out Cactuar

This Jared.... he didn't eat cookies. Bouncy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUDH7TSQa4k

hint: He didn't lose weight cuz he ate Subway. He exercised and dramatically cut his caloric intake ... he just happen to always eat a subway sandwich for lunch (or something like that) so Subway used him as like "look how healthy subway is for you"

(08-12-2013, 03:22 PM)Yaein Mayweather Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 03:19 PM)Felix Sideris Wrote:

Jared? What? XD

High intake of GMO's probably took him out Cactuar
I don't have the money to avoid GMO's T.T 

Stupid government and scientists modifying food to make money. If the government cared they would have outlawed it by now. They make too much money off of the medical bills to do anything about it.

My favorite is when you read the back of a box for the ingredients you see stuff like

Sugar, Modified Corn Syrup, Chocolate (milk, butter, sugar etc etc), Wheat Flour, Molasses, *insert 10 chemical ingredients*

I don't know how many times they could of listed sugar Smile

RE: Subway's Cookies - Chance - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:12 PM)Yaein Mayweather Wrote:

I hope they say no.  Then you can complain they are failing at customer service and refusing to serve you!     Then again it would be even funnier if they are out of cookies today.

You hit the nail right on the metaphorical head! But yes, Subway cookies are amazingly good. Their White Nut Macadamia Cookies are to die for... over and over again.
We have just become friends.

RE: Subway's Cookies - Selsix - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:03 PM)Felix Sideris Wrote: I like subway, personally. 

Fast food will always be fast food, but sub way is certainly a lot healthier than anything deep fried.

I don't know how the person would react, but I would like to find out Evil

That's only if you get the crazy veggie subs. Almost all of subway's meat heavy subs are just as bad for you as that triple baconator from Wendy's.

Subway sucks. But yes, those cookies are awesome. BUY THEM.