Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, all! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, all! (/showthread.php?tid=3515)

Hello, all! - DeHenree - 08-13-2013

Hello, all!

This will be my first time venturing into a forum settingbut I am looking forward to making this a regular occurrence.

--MMORPG background

My MMORPG background consists of a bit of everything fromRunescape Classic to EQ2 to FFXIV XI and FFXIV 1.0 (Short lived, regretfully.)

--Character ideas/info

This will also be my first go at RPing so I think I willroll a Hyur Midlander. His name is to be decided as well as a background. I hope to form a base story but mostly leave him open to be molded by those around him within the world of Eorzea.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I learned of the coalition through ffxivrealm while lookingfor a bit of advice on RPing.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light,medium, or heavy?

I aim to be a light role-player to begin with partly due tomy lack of experience in RPing.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?(Work, school, hobbies, 
etc)

I am 22 years of age and I am living in the United States. Ihold a strong passion for football (EU) both watching and playing.
I am very much looking forward to my future within FFXIV:ARR as well as exploring what this forum and the community in-game will offer.Thank you!

-DeHenree

RE: Hello, all! - S'demyx Tia - 08-13-2013

Ahhh I remember the runescape days when I was a boy~

Oh. Yeah.

Welcome to the community!

RE: Hello, all! - Desmond Aryll - 08-13-2013

Welcome DeHenree!

Don't sweat being new to this. There are a ton of newbies here and that's the way it should be. Feel free to ask questions, or even join an open RP in the "Town Square" subforum. It helps to flesh out a character, give them some substance, ya'know?

Hope to see you in-game. Thumbsup

RE: Hello, all! - DeHenree - 08-13-2013

Thank you S'demyx and Desmond!

RE: Hello, all! - Falkner - 08-13-2013

Hi, DeHenree! Welcome to RPC!
There are a lot of new RPers here so don't worry you're not even close to being alone! For some of them this will even be their very first time delving into RP, take me for example Big Grin

... Hey, do all Tonberry have tail fins? Cute! So they're basically seals with knives?

RE: Hello, all! - Nel Celestine - 08-13-2013

[youtube]o7kRLrAQ1uI[/youtube]

Hello and welcome Big Grin glad to see more from ffxivrealm coming over to visit.

RE: Hello, all! - Teardrop - 08-13-2013

Hello DeHenree!

Glad you decided to get your feet wet in the RP pool, and its perfectly ok to stick around in the shallow end for a while Big Grin

Have you decided on a server yet?

Hope to meet you in game Thumbsup !

Thank you all for the welcome! As far as a server, I have not made my final decision between the two rp servers yet. I am leaning towards starting completely fresh with everyone else on the new server though.

RE: Hello, all! - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-13-2013

If you want to get to know the Gilgamesh crew a little bit better, we've got a massive skype group going on, for ooc chat, organizing, and that kind of thing! I can get you in on that, if you like.

Looking forward to playing with ya'!

I would love that! Thank you for the offer. Looking forward to getting to know some folks as the time until Phase 4 lessens. =D

RE: Hello, all! - Aleister - 08-13-2013

Welcome! Your icon.. I really like it. I keep staring at it trying to figure out what it is and why I like it. xD