Hydaelyn Role-Players
Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes (/showthread.php?tid=3545)

Pages: 1 2

Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - justamemory - 08-14-2013

http://home.comcast.net/~nakomaru/FFXIVPhase4PatchNotes.png

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Demon Fox - 08-14-2013

I can't read any of that, when i click on it, it zooms out.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - justamemory - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 10:08 AM)Demon Fox Wrote: I can't read any of that, when i click on it, it zooms out.

my bad, try it again ^^

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Zyrusticae - 08-14-2013

lol, only Legacy players can even bother with Coerthas and Mor Dhana right now with the level cap being what it is...

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Adelpha - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 11:01 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote: lol, only Legacy players can even bother with Coerthas and Mor Dhana right now with the level cap being what it is...
Being that all content above level 20 is disabled this weekend as well, all we can really do anyway is just look around. Smile

A lot of good stuff in those notes!

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Fiona Swift - 08-14-2013

Evil
How come I don't see anything about Flying Mounts?
Cool *walks away slowly*

I'm joking of course; though the patch notes seem more like a synopsis of the game features at the moment rather than fixes/bugs. Still very sad to see they kept the lv 20 cap in place. They really are worried people are going to use the 3 day "free trial" to blow through all the content and just not pay for the game it seems.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Falkner - 08-14-2013

Hmm... Is it that easy to reach Lv.20?

Why can't we just play it slow and easy, and takes time exploring or something?
*hehe, just joking, don't take offense Big Grin

But really though, I think I'm a slow player progression-wise, I hope I can still find some people to show me around just for the sake of experiencing the game's content to its fullest, or to run low level dungeons even after months after the launch.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - sanguineFenrir - 08-14-2013

It says that we will be able to customize our retainer's appearance and personality too!

I'm debating as to whether I should use an NPC from my character's story for his retainer or not. It could be interesting to RP finding his mother when I get the retainer, and I can't help but be reminded of Pokémon Silver (Mom: Do you want me to save your money for you?) when I think of that.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Desmond Aryll - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 12:19 PM)Falkner Wrote: Hmm... Is it that easy to reach Lv.20?

You can reach level 20 in one dedicated day. Two days for sure. Personally I'll be level grinding on day one to get it out of the way.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Eva - 08-14-2013

I like all the new keyboard shortcuts: /teleport, /macros, etc.
I hope they add /chatmode (/cm) like from FFXI where you can choose the default output for your text (party, ls1, ls6, say, etc.)
I know it can be done with the mouse toggle but I've always preferred to use the keyboard almost exclusively, particularly when RPing.

The rest of the updates look great though!! Friday can't get here soon enough~ Bouncy

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Silverlight - 08-14-2013

oo allot new stuff to play with <3

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Elisea Renyven - 08-14-2013

I wonder if they took out Guild halls in Free Companies or if they are in... or if that's going to be more at launch or when player housing comes out now. Hrmm...

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Naunet - 08-14-2013

Still no transparency slider for the chatbox. :/

I am doomed to being unable to read the god damned chat in this game, it seems.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Selsix - 08-14-2013

Still no music looping? I am saddened.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Salty Lake - 08-14-2013

Does anyone know what time tomorrow we can download FFXIV?  I saw a few people post pictures of ARR downloading on Tumblr so I thought maybe it was already tomorrow in Japan, but I'm still getting the maintenance message.

ETA: Is anyone getting up way early on Friday morning to play? Beta starts at 2 am in my timezone and I am seriously thinking about setting my alarm to get up and get started. I am going camping this weekend and want to get a few hours of ARR in... it is all I've been thinking about all week!