Hydaelyn Role-Players
Which version of the game will you be getting? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Which version of the game will you be getting? (/showthread.php?tid=355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Garaf - 08-08-2010

There certainly seem to be plenty of people here set on the CE. So if that's assumed to be representative of the player base at large then there should be a pretty sizeable "pre-population" come launch day.

I started preordering a CE as soon as they became available but switched to a Standard after I found out that was the only way the goggles would be available. Granted they're not the only goggles in the game, but being able to start with them would just be grand. =P

I was a scootch disappointed/surprised that the CE wasn't going to come with the soundtrack (which I guess has just been announced separately) but, art book and onion helm aside, there doesn't seem to be much in the CE besides the early start. Has anyone found out what the Right of Passage is? I gather that it's customizable, but the SE info page neglects to mention what it actually is (in game item? certificate for your wall? ticket through a dimension-warping field into the reality of Eorzea?) ...

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Renaise - 08-08-2010

Getting the collectors edition because we get a lovely tumbler Big Grin

As for the goggles or the helm...

If all new standard copies of FFXIV come with a code for the goggles inside the game then I wont be getting them. If however they are for preordering and the game store gives you a code for them for preordering that will mean I can get them. All depends how SE goes about setting the items up Tongue

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Shamadconde - 08-08-2010

Nothing I have seen or read has mentioned anything about preorder items. As far as I have been able to determine, the items come with what you buy not when you get it but we'll see.

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Kima wolf - 08-08-2010

Collector's edition, mostly because I want the security token and I'm also curious as to what this "certificate" is they are going on about to be honest.

Oh and the 8 day headstart doesn't hurt along with the amazing art on the box.

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Satrina - 08-09-2010

So apparently the reasoning we won't be getting the goggles in our CE is due to them being there for the other people to catch up to us faster due to the 8 day headstart. That's pretty nice of SE honestly. The gauntlets for FF13 look awesome I have to say.

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Gleason - 08-09-2010

Finally knuckled down and ordered my CE about an hour ago, with Release Day Delivery (I don't forsee myself getting much sleep that day before I go into work that night. xD)

I'm really looking forward to the extra 8 days of playing, and the tumbler looks pretty sweet. Artbooks never hurt, either! (Think the last game I got one with was Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube >.>;; )

Still don't have a clue what server I'll be starting on, though; need more info from the friends I know will be playing, I guess. (or, obviously, I could go take a look at the RP guilds that have posted their information already).

...oh right! The mystery surrounding the "Right of Passage" is intriguing, too. Watch it be some certificate in-game that says you ordered the CE or something silly. xD

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Trizzip - 09-05-2010

Sorry for raising the thread from the grave.....I just didn't want to start a whole new thread for this image, and I felt it worthy of our admiration.

[flash=600,750]http://www.ff14news.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/05dfebf115b0fbf7d8009f8e66bd7e20_full.jpg[/flash]

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Freyar - 09-05-2010

Neato. I wish I could vote twice, I have to CE's paid for in full.

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - foxfirestorm - 09-05-2010

Getting the Collectors Edition and it has already been paid off, so all I gotta do is go in the store and go get it.
However my mom is getting the standard, so we will be trading items. I get her goggles and she gets the helm.. or she may tell me to keep both since she found out her computer can't run FF14 -_-;

But yes, I will have the collectors and all its goodies!

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Shamadconde - 09-06-2010

That's assuming they are tradeable.

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Trizzip - 09-06-2010

Shamad Conde Wrote:That's assuming they are tradeable.

The classic 'rare/ex'....my worst enemy *shakes his fist in fury* Damn you SE!!!

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - foxfirestorm - 09-06-2010

Shamad Conde Wrote:That's assuming they are tradeable.

I figure they would be, since typically they ask for the "Code" of the product.. then again, that was back with PoL..
>.>

Don't give up my dreams of the awesome goggles! (cause I really hate that onion helm, if it wasn't for the 8 extra days and the leather bound journal, I wouldn't have gotten the CE.)

Now if you meant trade-able IG, that wasn't what we were gonna do. *lives at home*

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Ozak Kuzak - 09-06-2010

I ordered the CE mainly to get on early but the extra stuff nice also. :approve:

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - Zyrusticae - 09-06-2010

I have to admit, the 8-day thingy for the collector's edition is an ingenious (if totally bastard-like) move on the part of Squeenix.

That being said, I'm still not entirely sold on the game in the first place, so splurging an extra $25 on this thing, even for that sizable of an early start, and even with all the extra goodies, is just a bit too much for me.

Maybe something'll click as I play on and convince me.

Re: Which version of the game will you be getting? - BloodHecate - 09-06-2010

By far the Collectors Edition. Even games in this world that haven't been on the far side of impressive I have simply loved getting the gear. I love artbooks, and the like. I have the Collectors Edition gear of Final Fantasy XII, and it certainly wasn't one of my more favorites of the series, and I don't regret it one bit.

In this case, for a game that I am planning to spend great amounts of time enjoying and roleplaying, the best game I've played in 3 years, the choice is ever so obvious. Even if just for the excitement and collection alone it would, but I firmly believe this was event to have waited for, a Final Fantasy XI that is upgraded and will drag me in and never let me go with it's sheer universe warping madness.

I could not miss that enhancement of being able to get a head start, that vastly superior, mysterious, haunting, Yoshitaka Amano artwork, the gorgeous, stunning journal filled with map and all sorts of things I am not even yet revealed, and a DVD to hold me over watching in euphoria, like all the others I current have before it's time, before it's release, I'm also obsessed with my character, and will cherish the Rite of Passage that I get with great care and fancy.

I could not skip out on this for the world.