Hydaelyn Role-Players
Cross-class abilities - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Cross-class abilities (/showthread.php?tid=3585)

Cross-class abilities - Crow Bookkeep - 08-15-2013

Just a quick question to whoever has played the beta (I haven't), can you put cross class abilities anywhere on your hotbar(s) or is there a special bar you have to put them on where only cross-class abilities go?
Just asking because I'm kind of crazy when it comes to new games and I'm mapping all my keybinds to their abilities before I even play and need to know if these can go anywhere or only on a certain bar, thanks Tongue

RE: Cross-class abilities - Yini Kihn - 08-15-2013

They can go wherever you'd like!

RE: Cross-class abilities - Crow Bookkeep - 08-15-2013

(08-15-2013, 02:02 PM)Yini Kihn Wrote: They can go wherever you'd like!

Thank you *bows*

RE: Cross-class abilities - Chakha Malqir - 08-15-2013

There was a video in the last Letter From the Producer where Arcanist, Scholar, and Summoner were showcased.

I love the idea of the AoE traps of the Summoner (an area where enemies suffer a debilitating effect) and the AoE boons of the Scholar (an area where allies heal damage over time while in the area).

I am very excited to train up Summoner to get some of these AoE traps so that I can use them for my Scholar!

RE: Cross-class abilities - Fiona Swift - 08-15-2013

Yeah there are a lot of combinations that really begin to make classes fun , while giving jobs a unique feel to them.

Shockingly Archer and Lancer synergy very well early on as they both compliment one another with Damage boosting skills. Of course Conjurer with "Cure" makes that a must have too

(08-15-2013, 02:38 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: Yeah there are a lot of combinations that really begin to make classes fun , while giving jobs a unique feel to them.

Shockingly   Archer and Lancer  synergy very well early on  as they both compliment one another with Damage boosting skills.    Of course Conjurer with "Cure" makes that a must have too

Not to mention that Disciples of War classes seldom even use MP, so Cure spells would be absolutely crucial AND cost-efficient ways to heal.

RE: Cross-class abilities - Sounsyy - 08-15-2013

(08-15-2013, 02:35 PM)HakuroDK Wrote: I love the idea of the AoE traps of the Summoner (an area where enemies suffer a debilitating effect) and the AoE boons of the Scholar (an area where allies heal damage over time while in the area).

I am very excited to train up Summoner to get some of these AoE traps so that I can use them for my Scholar!

Wanted to clarify real quick that you cannot cross-class Job abilities. Only very specific class abilities. Job abilities are Job specific. 

Most cross-classable abilities are utility abilities as well. Like buffs and heals and such. But not every class ability can be cross-classed and absolutely no Job abilities can be cross-classed.

(08-15-2013, 03:13 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 02:35 PM)HakuroDK Wrote: I love the idea of the AoE traps of the Summoner (an area where enemies suffer a debilitating effect) and the AoE boons of the Scholar (an area where allies heal damage over time while in the area).

Wanted to clarify real quick that you cannot cross-class Job abilities. Only very specific class abilities. Job abilities are Job specific. 

Most cross-classable abilities are utility abilities as well. Like buffs and heals and such. But not every class ability can be cross-classed and absolutely no Job abilities can be cross-classed.
Aww... well that's most unfortunate.

Ah well, I'm sure I can work something out.