Hydaelyn Role-Players
Error 3102? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Error 3102? (/showthread.php?tid=3622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Error 3102? - Kylin - 08-18-2013

In regards to the "lack of communication," SE HAS been communicating. They've stated they're aware of the problem and investigating. This is beta guys. When 1 million people are bum rushing the servers, this happens. In ALL MMOs. I see it happen every. single. time.

I've seen some people threaten to quit entirely over this and that's just downright silly (and dare I say immature). The problem will be gone most likely by launch. And hiccups here and there during the final phase of beta aren't uncommon at all.

RE: Error 3102? - Raccoon - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 08:27 PM)Maeve Wrote: Still broken for me. I know its beta but the poor communication is awful. As soon as Landmark or Wildstar come out I am out of here. You are only getting my money for a few months tops SE! Tongue

I'm surprised anyone's going to risk going to another NCSoft game after the last few games they've dropped on a whim.

RE: Error 3102? - Maeve - 08-18-2013

They have communicated now, hours or in some cases days after people first started having the issue thats the problem. I agree quitting over this would be silly, but I never intended to stick around after those other games launched anyway. FFXIV was always a filler for me until such a time. 

Still, its disappointing as I was really looking forward to some level grinding during phase 4 Sad

RE: Error 3102? - LiadansWhisper - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 08:38 PM)Kylin Wrote: In regards to the "lack of communication," SE HAS been communicating. They've stated they're aware of the problem and investigating. This is beta guys. When 1 million people are bum rushing the servers, this happens. In ALL MMOs. I see it happen every. single. time.

I've seen some people threaten to quit entirely over this and that's just downright silly (and dare I say immature). The problem will be gone most likely by launch. And hiccups here and there during the final phase of beta aren't uncommon at all.

They have been communicating recently.  And that's great!  Here's the problem:

They went almost a full day without any communication whatsoever.  Meanwhile, they were posting about other bugs and issues, but ignoring the rapidly-growing problem of this Error.  That's an issue.

It's an issue because when you don't communicate, people freak.  They start thinking you either don't care or don't have plans to fix it.  Keeping those communication lines open, and posting regular updates - even if all you can say is, "We still have this problem, but we're working on it!" - is really important.

RE: Error 3102? - Firae - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 08:44 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 08:38 PM)Kylin Wrote: In regards to the "lack of communication," SE HAS been communicating. They've stated they're aware of the problem and investigating. This is beta guys. When 1 million people are bum rushing the servers, this happens. In ALL MMOs. I see it happen every. single. time.

They have been communicating recently.  And that's great!  Here's the problem:

They went almost a full day without any communication whatsoever.  Meanwhile, they were posting about other bugs and issues, but ignoring the rapidly-growing problem of this Error.  That's an issue.

It's an issue because when you don't communicate, people freak.  They start thinking you either don't care or don't have plans to fix it.  Keeping those communication lines open, and posting regular updates - even if all you can say is, "We still have this problem, but we're working on it!" - is really important.
You have pretty good point and in the mean time alot of us still have this problem including myself...well lets all just hope its sorted out by early access.

RE: Error 3102? - LiadansWhisper - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 09:00 PM)Firae Wrote: You have pretty good point and in the mean time alot of us still have this problem including myself...well lets all just hope its sorted out by early access.

I really, really like this game, and I want it to succeed.  It may be that I was just burned really bad by Bioware/EA with SWTOR.  I'm just concerned that this is a taste of things to come, as it were.

i really doubt it is considering how buttery smooth phase 3 was not to mention alot of these people won't even be playing. i mean it's a stress test anyway plus with this error it might even discourage even more of the crazies from playing but anyway i'm not too concerned. I still think it's gonna be alright.

RE: Error 3102? - Z'karu - 08-18-2013

I can't remember the time zones, but isn't it day in japan when it's night here and vice versa? The lack of communication might be because the only employees awake were the ones on the graveyard shift.

RE: Error 3102? - Aysun - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 08:27 PM)Maeve Wrote: Still broken for me. I know its beta but the poor communication is awful. As soon as Landmark or Wildstar come out I am out of here. You are only getting my money for a few months tops SE! Tongue

Note to self: Don't bother RPing with and/or getting to know Maeve. Undecided

(08-18-2013, 09:21 PM)Z Wrote: I can't remember the time zones, but isn't it day in japan when it's night here and vice versa? The lack of communication might be because the only employees awake were the ones on the graveyard shift.
Actually that's not a half bad theory we have to keep in mind that JP was having no problems and SE na would of been mostly out of buisiness hours at the time of the error.

RE: Error 3102? - Kylin - 08-18-2013

I understand the error is annoying. But I really think some people are taking it way too seriously. It's ONE error. And considering how smooth phase 3 was, once they fix that error it should be smooth sailing again. Writing off the game or acting like SE is outright horrible for not being able to fix it immediately is just...well, I won't say the word here Tongue

The beta forums look beyond ridiculous and childish right now. Please refrain from bringing that behavior over to these forums.

Also, for added food for thought: XIV has apparently shattered the MMO record for most concurrent online users at once in an open beta. So many people online at once is bound to cause these problems, and it's a good thing that the issue is coming up in a stress test rather than launch. http://www.gamingunion.net/news/final-fantasy-xiv-smashes-open-beta-record--9634.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamingunion+%28Gaming+Union%29

RE: Error 3102? - shotgunbadger - 08-18-2013

Yea, gotta agree, I got hit by it recently and yea it sucks but I understood going into a beta that shit like this happens.

RE: Error 3102? - T'salmaveth - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 09:21 PM)Zkaru Wrote: I can't remember the time zones, but isn't it day in japan when it's night here and vice versa? The lack of communication might be because the only employees awake were the ones on the graveyard shift.

The problem with that is that shows, nay screams, really shoddy planning for a world-wide launch and a world-wide game. It's lazy and bad. And they have people hired SPECIFICALLY to do community relations. Granted, I feel bad for the person/people that got saddled with it on the NA/EU side, because they probably can only say things that have been approved through the JP offices.... and if they do not appropriately have staff up and arranged shift-wise to handle a full weekend-beta that is world-wide, they deserve every bit of bad feelings they have garnered.

I love and support the game, but I do not believe in giving anyone, or any company, a pass for doing badly at something. They did it. They own it. They have to accept the consequences of it. I don't need any 'white knights' saying 'it is only beta'... I've worked through beta and launch, I know how bad and hectic it is. I know that people in SE are scrambling like crazy. But they are not treating the potential customers AND the media who will be writing and reviewing this well. And it will get them a LOT of bad press. And they will have earned it.

They're not new to this MMO thing, nor to have servers and centers out of country. This does not look good for them, no matter what excuses people try to use. /SIGH

All I can do is hope that early access is stable at this point. And that they don't wipe the servers, I did my time getting up at 4am to be SURE I got where I wanted to be. -_-

RE: Error 3102? - Bloodwillow - 08-18-2013

Though annoyed this doesn't bother me much like most.

I've been with SoE (Sony Online Entertainment) for ages.  And I'm sure a lot of you know their record!  Dodgy  Laugh

(08-18-2013, 09:25 PM)Kylin Wrote: I understand the error is annoying. But I really think some people are taking it way too seriously. It's ONE error. And considering how smooth phase 3 was, once they fix that error it should be smooth sailing again. Writing off the game or acting like SE is outright horrible for not being able to fix it immediately is just...well, I won't say the word here Tongue

The beta forums look beyond ridiculous and childish right now. Please refrain from bringing that behavior over to these forums.

Also, for added food for thought: XIV has apparently shattered the MMO record for most concurrent online users at once in an open beta. So many people online at once is bound to cause these problems, and it's a good thing that the issue is coming up in a stress test rather than launch. http://www.gamingunion.net/news/final-fantasy-xiv-smashes-open-beta-record--9634.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamingunion+%28Gaming+Union%29
Gonna have to agree with you man you took the words right out of my mouth.