Hydaelyn Role-Players
Error 3102? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Error 3102? (/showthread.php?tid=3622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Error 3102? - Aldotsk - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 10:38 PM)Firae Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 10:33 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Bugs should have been fixed since Closed Beta. Open Beta is usually made for people to actually earn the right to enjoy the game to ensure that everything is working perfectly. There is no excuse to this.
Ah stop being a nay Sayer. Bug's are unpredictable plus nothing like this actually ever happened in the closed beta so it really couldn't of been predicted or fixed in the closed. anyway

I am sorry, but that's still doesn't really explain that they should have been aware of this problem more than 90 hours ago. Now more than 20,000 players can't go online because of this issue and they haven't resolve it or even considered to extend the open beta for those who weren't even able to play right after character creation.

RE: Error 3102? - LiadansWhisper - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 10:33 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Bugs should have been fixed since Closed Beta. Open Beta is usually made for people to actually earn the right to enjoy the game to ensure that everything is working perfectly. There is no excuse to this.

That's unfair, though.  There is no way that they could have stress tested the servers the way they have this weekend during the previous betas.  There just were not enough players.

And no one in the Open Beta has earned anything.  It's an Open Beta.  Anyone can sign up.  Anyone can get in.  You don't have to do anything but fill out a registration on the Square site.  That's it.

RE: Error 3102? - Firae - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 10:45 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

That's unfair, though.  There is no way that they could have stress tested the servers the way they have this weekend during the previous betas.  There just were not enough players.

And no one in the Open Beta has earned anything.  It's an Open Beta.  Anyone can sign up.  Anyone can get in.  You don't have to do anything but fill out a registration on the Square site.  That's it.
awesome! you got my point across way better then actually could thank you! but yeah seriously this issue couldnt of been predicted plus you have to also keep in mind comunecation between all branches of SE as well.

I would agree with you, but as I've mentioned in my previous post, that still doesn't help with those players who were unable to play the Open Beta for last two to three days because of 3102 and 90k error. Especially when the open beta is about to end less than 6 hours.

(08-18-2013, 10:46 PM)Firae Wrote:

awesome! you got my point across way better then actually could thank you! but yeah seriously this issue couldnt of been predicted plus you have to also keep in mind comunecation between all branches of SE as well.

There were plenty of complaints before the forum was completely down today. It was mentioned for quite some time. Especially through twitter, and Yoshida was looking right at them. They should have messaged to all players that they'd fix the problem like 12 hours ago instead of 6.

(08-18-2013, 10:46 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:

I would agree with you, but as I've mentioned in my previous post, that still doesn't help with those players who were unable to play the Open Beta for last two to three days because of 3102 and 90k error. Especially when the open beta is about to end less than 6 hours.
and? the problem is fixed by early access not to mention! you arn't taking comunecations into account and the fact that there's a insane ammount of code to go through even after they understand the issue

(08-18-2013, 10:46 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: I would agree with you, but as I've mentioned in my previous post, that still doesn't help with those players who were unable to play the Open Beta for last two to three days because of 3102 and 90k error. Especially when the open beta is about to end less than 6 hours.

It absolutely sucks that we're locked out.  I mean, it really blows.  I have been moping all day, listening to my friends cheerfully playing while I'm locked out, unable to get back in.  :-\  I don't like it.  It's no fun.

But this is not my first dog and pony show, if you follow.  We need to keep in mind that this bug did not appear in the previous Beta phases.  Now, whether that is due to the fact that there were not enough players to reveal it, or whether it is something new that popped up in this build, we don't know.  But what we do know is that bugs pop up in different builds.  So it's actually not that shocking that a bug this detrimental to the game would pop up now.

(08-18-2013, 10:46 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:

(08-18-2013, 10:46 PM)Firae Wrote:

There were plenty of complaints before the forum was completely down today. It was mentioned for quite some time. Especially through twitter, and Yoshida was looking right at them. They should have messaged to all players that they'd fix the problem like 12 hours ago instead of 6.
jp has differnet time then here in the states so the staff may of not been up and ready at the time the issue first arose but anyway

RE: Error 3102? - LeCard - 08-18-2013

"Greetings,

While not yet completed, we have been able to get through a large number of the names submitted in the thread so far.

If you've submitted your name, we ask that you attempt to log in with the character that was experiencing the issue, to see if it has been resolved. If you're still unable to log in, we ask for your patience as we continue moving through the thread." SE beta forums 10:49 pm EST.

Edit: adding thread link
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue/page1914

(08-18-2013, 10:52 PM)LeCard Wrote: "Greetings,

While not yet completed, we have been able to get through a large number of the names submitted in the thread so far.

If you've submitted your name, we ask that you attempt to log in with the character that was experiencing the issue, to see if it has been resolved. If you're still unable to log in, we ask for your patience as we continue moving through the thread." SE beta forums 10:49 pm EST.
um can you link that thread? i wanna add my info to it so i can fix this. though not like there's a point now but eh anyway

(08-18-2013, 10:46 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: There were plenty of complaints before the forum was completely down today. It was mentioned for quite some time. Especially through twitter, and Yoshida was looking right at them. They should have messaged to all players that they'd fix the problem like 12 hours ago instead of 6.

I really don't think that we can say what the Producer/Director has and has not seen.  There's no way for us to know unless we're camped out in his office creeping on his things (which I don't think any of us is!  Dodgy ).  There's a time difference, there's a language difference, and we don't actually have insider knowledge of exactly how the hierarchy works in Square Enix.

Do I think that they should have been far more communicative than they have been?  Absolutely.  But it's just silly to say that Yoshida was reading the Twitters and chose not to respond.  What we're looking at is likely a Customer Service snafu of epic proportions.

(08-18-2013, 10:52 PM)LeCard Wrote: "Greetings,

Edit: adding thread link
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue/page1914

Not for me.  Sad  Cry

(08-18-2013, 10:51 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 10:46 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: I would agree with you, but as I've mentioned in my previous post, that still doesn't help with those players who were unable to play the Open Beta for last two to three days because of 3102 and 90k error. Especially when the open beta is about to end less than 6 hours.

It absolutely sucks that we're locked out.  I mean, it really blows.  I have been moping all day, listening to my friends cheerfully playing while I'm locked out, unable to get back in.  :-\  I don't like it.  It's no fun.

But this is not my first dog and pony show, if you follow.  We need to keep in mind that this bug did not appear in the previous Beta phases.  Now, whether that is due to the fact that there were not enough players to reveal it, or whether it is something new that popped up in this build, we don't know.  But what we do know is that bugs pop up in different builds.  So it's actually not that shocking that a bug this detrimental to the game would pop up now.

I understand where you are coming from. But I really think they should consider extending the beta. Yoshida did claim it as "demo" for those who did not buy the game yet or might possibly cancel the pre-order. What if they can't even play the game and wasn't even able to try this demo before they commit to play the game? If it's like a day problem, it's a bit understandable but since it is right now being on the edge of ending the open beta - it's still unsure if SQE will bother to extend this beta to give players another chance.

(08-18-2013, 10:51 PM)Firae Wrote: jp has differnet time then here in the states so the staff may of not been up and ready at the time the issue first arose but anyway
No, they were aware of it since the morning from yesterday. They were adding more worlds to see if that was the problem, and they had server maintenance last night. But the thing is that it wasn't solving the problem but making it worse. Now they have to fix this manually for each player one by one for the next 6 hours.

RE: Error 3102? - Cato - 08-18-2013

I think it's fair to suggest that the matter could have been handled better on both sides of the fence, though isn't that the entire point of a beta? Issues emerged that will be dealt with in due time and if mistakes were made then we will have to hope that lessons are learned as we all move forward. I'm hoping that the communication will be better if and when problems arise in the future as any successful business needs to have a reliable support system in place in this day and age.

I've been affected by the error myself, though I'm not going to let my excitement for the game cloud my judgement. It'd be nice if I could continue where I left off, but I fear far too many players forget that this is still a beta test and will remain as such until the game actually launches.

RE: Error 3102? - Lren - 08-18-2013

Just gonna hold out some hope I can login... Just to log out in a sanctuary XD! The only thing I wanna do.

RE: Error 3102? - Zyrusticae - 08-18-2013

It's a good thing that this was caught during OB and NOT during early access or even the launch proper, but that's not really saying much.

This is a gamebreaking bug. You have thousands of players who are literally completely unable to test anything else because, y'know, they're locked out. Yeah, this is absolutely the highest priority to fix, but what's most disconcerting about it is that it's an issue at the very core of their system. I've never experienced this issue with an MMORPG before - at most I've seen plenty of issues with servers being overloaded, disconnecting, excessive lag, etc., but I've never seen an issue where you are literally locked out of the game by a single bug.

This tells me that there is something very, very wrong with how they're checking for whether or not a player is "logged in". As I read elsewhere, it is likely that the game crashed somewhere and the server has created some kind of paradox where it continually checks for whether or not the player is logged in but completely fails to actually make that check, and thus gets locked in a ridiculous loop where the player is assumed to be online even though there is no connection. The game should be checking for an actual connection, but for whatever reason the code does things differently.

At any rate, as irritated as I am over this, I... Sorry, no, I'm extremely angry at this point. A full day of zero playtime because of a bug this... this ridiculous? Man, I don't even know what to say to that.

RE: Error 3102? - KitKat - 08-18-2013

Makes me wish the beta forums weren't crashed for me last night. I tried posting my character/world info at like page 50. Couldn't get the reply to post and then they took the forums down. By the time I was able to post, it was page 1100. 

Oh well. Next weekend is the big show and I can't wait.