Hydaelyn Role-Players
Error 3102? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Error 3102? (/showthread.php?tid=3622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Error 3102? - Corelyn - 08-18-2013

Well, crashes and bugs like this -are- to be expected. Beta is beta, after all. Though maybe it should start being more alpha and stand up to those nasty bugs. Dur hur hur.

RE: Error 3102? - Eilis Aubrey - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 09:28 AM)Nierfenhimer Wrote: Well, crashes and bugs like this -are- to be expected. Beta is beta, after all. Though maybe it should start being more alpha and stand up to those nasty bugs. Dur hur hur.
I heard one theory for its cause.

Apparently, some coffee boy at Square Enix decided to trip a wire that would reboot the servers for some reason or another, and everyone in a loading screen or a cutscene got locked in limbo. So, to the coffee boy who decided to go for a stroll on his own route in the offices, Thumbsup

(08-18-2013, 09:34 AM)Kokobiri Tetebiri Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 09:28 AM)Nierfenhimer Wrote: Well, crashes and bugs like this -are- to be expected. Beta is beta, after all. Though maybe it should start being more alpha and stand up to those nasty bugs. Dur hur hur.
I heard one theory for its cause.

Apparently, some coffee boy at Square Enix decided to trip a wire that would reboot the servers for some reason or another, and everyone in a loading screen or a cutscene got locked in limbo. So, to the coffee boy who decided to go for a stroll on his own route in the offices, Thumbsup

Ha! Yeah, I was DC'd right as I killed the Hooded Mage, went to a loading screen and boom, 3102.

RE: Error 3102? - Neka - 08-18-2013

Yay. 3102! I have to say I was lucky enough to get my character on Balmung though. Many of my guild haven't been so lucky with constant crashes and what not. 

Is there anything new regarding the issues? With the main forums down I'm not sure where to look for information. I've checked Facebook and Twitter but nothing recent. Sad Makes me a sad Miqo'te.

(08-18-2013, 10:06 AM)Neka Wrote: Yay. 3102! I have to say I was lucky enough to get my character on Balmung though. Many of my guild haven't been so lucky with constant crashes and what not. 

Is there anything new regarding the issues? With the main forums down I'm not sure where to look for information. I've checked Facebook and Twitter but nothing recent. Sad Makes me a sad Miqo'te.
Check the launcher, but that's not that helpful. Also, check the twitter: --> Link to English Twitter

*sigh* Yeah still nothing. Frustrated

Been locked out for at least 2 days. I wonder if all of our characters are sitting in an inn in limbo downing drinks at the bar waiting for us to come back.

At least this tumult allowed me to make my character profile.

Probably. Though Neka icly wouldn't need a reason to drink. 

"It's a day that ends in 'Y' " *glug glug* 

At least there's some good that came out of this. I'd still rather be playing the game though. The only entertaining thing I have at the moment is the mental imagery of a bunch of game devs being screamed at and beaten for shaming SqaureEnix with their stability issues. 

I know that's horrible. However I'm hoping the realm lockdowns are only a temporary thing till launch. I can't imagine them trying to launch a game in which people will have to immediately pay to transfer to the server of their friends since they're unable to roll there.

RE: Error 3102? - Xha'li Moui - 08-18-2013

I've been in limbo for about 9 hours now...poor Xha'li stuck in the desert.

RE: Error 3102? - T'salmaveth - 08-18-2013

I think I'm up to 10hours of 3102 now. I'm so happy my friends and I did manage to get onto Balmung(yippie for being up at 4am...) but now I'm the ONLY one out of them to be locked out. I know this is 'just beta'... I've worked in the game industry and on the launch of a massive MMO before. But this is just being really poorly handled. The lack of updates about it is what is really killing me. If they're trying to build up good PR/rapport with fans to bring them in/back in after how badly the first launch went, this is a classic case of how NOT to do it.

It's pretty much ruining my Sunday, honestly... I guess I work more on the little story I was writing for T'sal but still... when you have no life and this was what you were kind of basing your weekend around, it burns a bit.

Cry

RE: Error 3102? - Xha'li Moui - 08-18-2013

Their main form of communication has buckled under the load so they're stuck with twitter and facebook.  They  have/had a thread for the error, but as the forum is down its not doing any good.

linky for when the forums are up:http://t.co/7AhPQ1sbvF

Poor Corelyn is standing in the middle of Western La Noscea, just milling about. ICly, she'd likely be chilling somewhere quiet with a nice view, scrawling in her grimoire... and likely causing a ruckus with the results of some of her less... successful designs.

And all my other RP characters are floating around in limbo somewhere. =-( Poor things. They're just begging to be made, but 3102's all...

[Image: thm_5180390490816.jpg]

RE: Error 3102? - Ashren Dotharl - 08-18-2013

Error 3102 is the new Error 37.

RE: Error 3102? - Reppu - 08-18-2013

Well, wasn't 3102 foretold?

Or, was that 2013?

Oh well.

RE: Error 3102? - AdmiralSnackbar - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 10:41 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: Error 3102 is the new Error 37.
Hahaha, I hope it's not as widespread!

Been stuck in 3102 land since 12am last night. Loading into Duty Finder, crashed and now Tau is just sailing through the aether wondering where he'll end up.