Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction (/showthread.php?tid=3641)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Bloodwillow - 08-19-2013

With the maintenance going on, the husband and I were able to make characters on the Gilgamesh server.  We talked about it and decided to give it a shot.

Cactuar Big Grin

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Gideon Aryeh - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 11:26 AM)Ridolain_Kirkwall Wrote: With the maintenance going on, the wife and I were able to make characters on the Gilgamesh server.  We talked about it and decided to give it a shot.

Cactuar Big Grin

Glad to hear it. Make sure you both get your linkpearls next time you're in the game.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-19-2013

Oooh man. We need to get all of the recruits we picked up randomly to register here, and post now and again.

Said another way, if you have concerns regarding the population of interested roleplayers on Gilgamesh, beta disproved that. We had randoms coming out from behind trees and alleys to join in. Gilgamesh itself has been great to us so far. I think we picked up more people for our little movement in three days than in weeks of planning, here.

(08-19-2013, 03:35 PM)Yeldir Melfusor Wrote: Oooh man. We need to get all of the recruits we picked up randomly to register here, and post now and again.

Said another way, if you have concerns regarding the population of interested roleplayers on Gilgamesh, beta disproved that. We had randoms coming out from behind trees and alleys to join in. Gilgamesh itself has been great to us so far. I think we picked up more people for our little movement in three days than in weeks of planning, here.

I totally agree with this. The server imo exceeded expectations.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Regulus Heartnet - 08-19-2013

Rock my man i was hoping i got to see in the game i was to busy running from big ass turtles

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Vashies Alexander - 08-19-2013

i didn't get much time in the world,but i did get my lancer to 20 so that was a plus.

(08-19-2013, 07:38 PM)Regulus Heartnet Wrote: Rock my man i was hoping i got to see in the game i was to busy running from big ass turtles

Lol its fine many were in pure leveling mode we will have a pearl waiting for you to claim it.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Selsix - 08-19-2013

Sorry I wasn't chatting in the LS or RPing at all during the beta guys.

I was WAAAAAY too busy having a blast. I was able to get LNC to 17, PUG to 15, CNJ to 2 (lolcure). And get pretty far down the main quest.

All in all? I'm enjoying myself way too much. But expect me to join you a lot once launch hits. Wink

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Gideon Aryeh - 08-20-2013

*Updated had to change server video link. The link goes right to the actual thread. Apologies to all.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Gideon Aryeh - 08-20-2013

(08-19-2013, 09:02 PM)Selsix Wrote: Sorry I wasn't chatting in the LS or RPing at all during the beta guys.

I was WAAAAAY too busy having a blast. I was able to get LNC to 17, PUG to 15, CNJ to 2 (lolcure). And get pretty far down the main quest.

All in all? I'm enjoying myself way too much. But expect me to join you a lot once launch hits. Wink

Gotcha you already know there is a pearl waiting for you as well. Thank you again for that 4chan information. It really made a difference.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Selsix - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 03:07 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 09:02 PM)Selsix Wrote: Sorry I wasn't chatting in the LS or RPing at all during the beta guys.

Gotcha you already know there is a pearl waiting for you as well. Thank you again for that 4chan information. It really made a difference.

Not a problem sir, and I already have a pearl. Though the name of the one whom gave me it escapes my memory at the moment. I was too busy doing 17 things at once. Tongue

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Gideon Aryeh - 08-22-2013

*UPDATE

Forgive me for putting this here so late. The linkshells are nearly to seventy. This was the case in the last few hours of open beta as we had picked up more new members.

Please I know many of you don't like Skype but we don't want anyone feeling left out or second class if they have to join one of the alternate ooc/ic hub linkshells. Join the Skype chats if you are able. You can also find it free in the ios and Android markets to use on smartphones.

I will be around the entire week of actual launch and all day this Saturday the 24th. Just remember that both Limitless Sky and Coalition OOC are JUST chat channels for the server for roleplayers. Start your own linkshells and free companies as neither of the hubs will function in that manner. They are just hubs for rpers new to the server or without knowledge of the RPC to get recruited to mingle and find what they are looking for from there and to test ideas and concepts on their peers. Limitless Sky is an IC hub for those who wish to ic chat while leveling.

See you all on Saturday.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Gideon Aryeh - 08-24-2013

Alright just a few hours left, see everyone soon!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Bloodwillow - 08-24-2013

(08-22-2013, 11:20 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: *UPDATE

Forgive me for putting this here so late. The linkshells are nearly to seventy. This was the case in the last few hours of open beta as we had picked up more new members.

Please I know many of you don't like Skype but we don't want anyone feeling left out or second class if they have to join one of the alternate ooc/ic hub linkshells. Join the Skype chats if you are able. You can also find it free in the ios and Android markets to use on smartphones.

I will be around the entire week of actual launch and all day this Saturday the 24th. Just remember that both Limitless Sky and Coalition OOC are JUST chat channels for the server for roleplayers. Start your own linkshells and free companies as neither of the hubs will function in that manner. They are just hubs for rpers new to the server or without knowledge of the RPC to get recruited to mingle and find what they are looking for from there and to test ideas and concepts on their peers. Limitless Sky is an IC hub for those who wish to ic chat while leveling.

See you all on Saturday.

What's the limit on the linkshells?  Sorry all this is new to me.

If anyone is interested in making a new LS I'd be into that.  I apologize, I don't do Skype for reasons ranging form having my voice made fun of to being sexually harassed on it and if I get forced into it because I can't get into an OOC/RP linkshell I'd be sad.  Cry

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Facts and Fiction - Gideon Aryeh - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 02:31 AM)Bloodwillow Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 11:20 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: *UPDATE

See you all on Saturday.

What's the limit on the linkshells?  Sorry all this is new to me.

If anyone is interested in making a new LS I'd be into that.  I apologize, I don't do Skype for reasons ranging form having my voice made fun of to being sexually harassed on it and if I get forced into it because I can't get into an OOC/RP linkshell I'd be sad.  Cry

128 members, if you participated on Skype it would be through text chat. I don't do voice chatting much myself. Skype can be hooked up to just have your standard text chatrooms.