Hydaelyn Role-Players
Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Any RP groups on Behemoth? (/showthread.php?tid=3649)

Pages: 1 2

Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Kitra I'rahz - 08-17-2013

This may be in the wrong place, if it is I am sorry but as the title suggests I am interested in knowing if any RP groups are actually on behemoth?

This sticky here...
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=310
...indicated that Behemoth does have an RP community on it, so this was the server we rolled with. However, there is no sub-forum for this server located on these forums...

I would like to know if there are any RP communities rolling on this server and if so, could my friend and I get an invite to your linkshell? We are previously Guild Wars 2 RPers who are are very excited about Final Fantasy XIV and the opportunities it presents for RPing! (I was blown-away last night by how much RP fluff is in the game, specifically how many emotes this game has! WOWZERS)

Before I go any further, you may asking right now "If you planned on RPing why didn't you just join Balmung or Gilgamesh?"

Several reasons:

1.) Economy/Elitism - Balmung is a legacy server and we don't want to deal with the influx of GIL on the market essentially pushing us out of it since we won't be bringing legacy characters. Also, we are both still relatively new to RP and the fact legacy players have 1.0 experience/lore on their side is a bit intimidating to begin with. Youthrow in the fact we experienced elitism having to do with this exact kind of thing in GW2 and we really don't want to deal with that a second time.

2.) Reddit/4Chan - I've read posts on these forums (including a very lengthy one about making Behemoth the non-legacy server) about how Reddit and 4Chan are headed to Gilgamesh. Reddit from my experience in GW2 was an elite bunch and 4chan is something my friend and I have both had the unpleasant experience of dealing with on Tarnished Coast (GW2 RP server) since guesting was implemented. We would rather not deal with that either.

3.) Some non-RP friends play on Behemoth - We both have a handful of non-rp friends who decided to head to Behemoth and we would like to play with them.

In closing, I really hope we can find some RP community that is willing to pick us up on Behemoth. It would make the transfer from GW2 complete and perfectly painless.

Signed,
Kitra & Vidra I'rahz

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Nel Celestine - 08-17-2013

I'm sorry to say that I personally do not know of any groups on behemoth. there was a group on the beta forums but refused to come talk with us because of the fact many here are legacy. -sigh- I still don't understand the stigmata towards us due to a few idiots of the beta and official forums. legacy does not mean every job capped and Mac Gil. I addressed those concerns in the sticky posted in the rp section. I wish you the best of luck on behemoth and you will always be welcome on balmung and Gilgamesh if you do choose down the road. just remember. all the anti legacy complaints will be moot before aug 27th

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Aysun - 08-17-2013

I'd love to change your mind about Balmung, but it seems you are set on your choice. There is a RP group on Behemoth, or was, last time we checked. If you go under Linkshells under "Other" they are listed there still.

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Kitra I'rahz - 08-17-2013

We actually are NOT dead set on it. 

My friend and I discussed it about a week ago, if it turns out Behemoth has no RP to speak of, or at least no group we can join up with we may end up having to jump ship to Gilgamesh/Balmung.

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Aysun - 08-17-2013

(08-17-2013, 02:25 PM)Kitra I Wrote: We actually are NOT dead set on it. 

My friend and I discussed it about a week ago, if it turns out Behemoth has no RP to speak of, or at least no group we can join up with we may end up having to jump ship to Gilgamesh/Balmung.

I understand. There is just that one group that I know of and I'm not sure how focused on RP they are. They want nothing to do with the RPC so you will likely have to sign up on their forums if you want to ask any questions of them. Smile

If worst comes to worst for you and you do wish to come to one of the other servers, we'll welcome ya wherever you go. Just do some research!

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Evalentino - 08-17-2013

I'm in both balmung and behemoth but I have been searching for an rp ls as well on behemoth

Euan Saionji in behemoth

(08-17-2013, 03:04 PM)Evalentino Wrote: I'm in both balmung and behemoth but I have been searching for an rp ls as well on behemoth

Euan Saionji in behemoth

If I don't get a chance to add you first please feel free to add me!

IGN: Kitra I'rahz

That goes for anyone else that comes across this thread and is on Behemoth. Please, feel free to add me and maybe we can get a linkshell going! =D

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Bloodwillow - 08-17-2013

I'd suggest reading this post first before you totally put off Gilgamesh: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3641

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Asyria - 08-17-2013

The whole economy thing is a myth.
There's been massive changes in how crafting works and vendors sell moko grass for 2gil apiece so it's just not possible for gatherers to put crazy high prices for mats and crafters can make a profit without crazy prices too.

As for 4chan and reddit... 4chan is on Ultro and Redditors are no worse than your average gamer with no special affiliation. The only Reddit-specific thing I've seen on Gilgamesh was a friendly guy advertising for a FC-to-be called Reddit Reborn and that's it.

That said, the reason Behemoth doesn't have its own subsection.. is there hasn't been a demand for it. It's my understanding that to have its own subsection there has to be a significant portion of our community playing there.

I believe there are RPers on Behemoth... but not many are here. Some suggested going there instead of Giglamesh, but it was 50/50 and they didn't move in the end.
You might have more luck asking on the official forums, since that's where the idea to RP on Behemoth originated.

Also, this is totally the right section.
I think.

(08-17-2013, 07:41 PM)Ridolain_Kirkwall Wrote:

I'd suggest reading this post first before you totally put off Gilgamesh: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3641

Ya, that post would have been extremely helpful about a week ago.

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Aysun - 08-18-2013

(08-17-2013, 08:45 PM)Kitra I Wrote:
(08-17-2013, 07:41 PM)Ridolain_Kirkwall Wrote:

Ya, that post would have been extremely helpful about a week ago.

Some other useful server discussion:

Legacy vs. non-Legacy

Have: Roleplayers - Want: A Home

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Trickery - 08-18-2013

I'm actually part of an RP Linkshell (soon to be FC) that's on Behemoth. 

I'm probably one of the few that actually stalk around these forums 'cause I split time playing on Balmung as well.

www.fatesedge.org if you want to check it out.

In the interest of being completely frank, though, the non-Legacy RP communities are a little sparse and spread out at the moment. It might get better in time, but right now your best bet is to find an FC on either Gilgamesh, Behemoth, Leviathan etc. and just roll with them 'cause you're not as likely to just run into random RPers there.

So, consider this a plug for switching over to Balmung. I actually just started a new character there and I'm enjoying myself immensely so far. Just make sure to steer clear of Limsa Lominsa at the moment unless you want to drown in a sea of carbuncles.

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Gideon Aryeh - 08-19-2013

(08-17-2013, 01:54 PM)Kitra Irahz Wrote: This may be in the wrong place, if it is I am sorry but as the title suggests I am interested in knowing if any RP groups are actually on behemoth?

This sticky here...
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=310
...indicated that Behemoth does have an RP community on it, so this was the server we rolled with. However, there is no sub-forum for this server located on these forums...

I would like to know if there are any RP communities rolling on this server and if so, could my friend and I get an invite to your linkshell? We are previously Guild Wars 2 RPers who are are very excited about Final Fantasy XIV and the opportunities it presents for RPing! (I was blown-away last night by how much RP fluff is in the game, specifically how many emotes this game has! WOWZERS)

Before I go any further, you may asking right now "If you planned on RPing why didn't you just join Balmung or Gilgamesh?"

Several reasons:

1.) Economy/Elitism - Balmung is a legacy server and we don't want to deal with the influx of GIL on the market essentially pushing us out of it since we won't be bringing legacy characters. Also, we are both still relatively new to RP and the fact legacy players have 1.0 experience/lore on their side is a bit intimidating to begin with. Youthrow in the fact we experienced elitism having to do with this exact kind of thing in GW2 and we really don't want to deal with that a second time.

2.) Reddit/4Chan - I've read posts on these forums (including a very lengthy one about making Behemoth the non-legacy server) about how Reddit and 4Chan are headed to Gilgamesh. Reddit from my experience in GW2 was an elite bunch and 4chan is something my friend and I have both had the unpleasant experience of dealing with on Tarnished Coast (GW2 RP server) since guesting was implemented. We would rather not deal with that either.

3.) Some non-RP friends play on Behemoth - We both have a handful of non-rp friends who decided to head to Behemoth and we would like to play with them.

In closing, I really hope we can find some RP community that is willing to pick us up on Behemoth. It would make the transfer from GW2 complete and perfectly painless.

Signed,
Kitra & Vidra I'rahz

4Chan is making their home on Ultros and Reddit has a section of roleplayers that will be joining both servers. PM member Selsix also from 4chan who can confirm this with links.

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Asyria - 08-19-2013

On the topic of economy...

You know that story quest where the guy asks that you equip a level 5 item in a bunch of equipment slots?
You know how quests reward with everything except pants?

On Balmung, I bought lvl 5 pants for 10 gil au the merchant board (auction house).
If that's not cool newbie-friendly economy, I don't know what is.

Of course on Gilgamesh you can get the Silver Anvil brand of lvl 5 pants, though. Tongue
(I really wish we could put a brand name on our crafted stuff, that would rock. o_o )

Anyways, give us some news about how things are on Behemoth, if I suffer from alticism, I might have a little alt there.
I still don't have a Lala character.

RE: Any RP groups on Behemoth? - Lush The Grey - 08-19-2013

A lot of my friends wanted to roll on Behemoth so I followed suit. However, now that I'm interested in RPing and after searching the forums, I am regretting my decision as it appears there aren't any Free Companies or Link Shells on Behemoth. Even so, I don't want to switch to another server as I've already made some progress on my current character. 

That being said, if there are any strays on Behemoth that would like to work towards building an RP community on Behemoth, I would love to do just that. Perhaps I should start a new post regarding this?

Either way, feel free to contact me here or in-game upon release (my ign is Bleu Grey.) If I only hear from one or two people, I'd still be happy to figure something out!