Hydaelyn Role-Players
I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I am terrible at intros, fair warning! (/showthread.php?tid=3656)

I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - Renliss - 08-17-2013

Thank goodness there is a provided template, haha! Anyroad, I'm Renliss. Feel free to call me whatever variation you'd like (Liss, Lissy, Ren) I tend to answer to all of them.

MMORPG background: I've played WoW, Dungeons and Dragons Online, a bit of Neverwinter, City of Heroes, DC Universe Online, Champions Online, RIFT, All Points Bulletin, Final Fantasy XIV, The Secret World, and The Old Republic. While I have played all of these, I am in no way 'versed' in them the way most people are; I just tend to hang around and RP haha.

RP experience: I've been RPing on various mediums for around 14 years now. Started with forum RP, which I prefer, but I have delved into In-Game RP, chat RP over Skype and similar programs, and tabletop D&D-style RP.

Character ideas/info: Not too many as of yet, since I am terrible with lore haha. My only character at the moment is Rico Rothburg, a giant of a knight displaced since the events 5 years ago.

How did you learn about the coalition: A friend of mine knows I like to RP, so they sent me the link.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be: I am medium to heavy in terms of RP style, whichever my time allows haha.

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing: Currently going to school for Animation/game design and I am a sucker for D&D/Pathfinder. If I could, I would just play Pathfinder all day every day. xD

So yeah! Lookin' to make some friends and enjoy some arr pees. Hope to see y'all in game!

RE: I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - Lren - 08-17-2013

Welcome to the RPC, hope you enjoy your stay! Hope to see you in game.

Also, digging the avatar! Rival Schools FTW!

RE: I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - Teardrop - 08-17-2013

Welcome, Renliss!

Are you taking part in the weekend's beta? Any idea what server you plan to play on? Looks like you have a good MMO and RP background...look forward to running into you in game, perhaps Smile

Good luck Thumbsup

RE: I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - Renliss - 08-18-2013

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I play on Balmung, and I do have access to the weekend beta. Been wandering around trying to get my bearings haha,

RE: I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - Flapjack - 08-18-2013

(08-17-2013, 08:12 PM)Renliss Wrote: Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing: Currently going to school for Animation/game design and I am a sucker for D&D/Pathfinder. If I could, I would just play Pathfinder all day every day. xD

Oh how I wish professional table top gamer was a legitimate career path.  Welcome to the community!

RE: I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - Renliss - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 11:52 PM)Flapjack Wrote:
(08-17-2013, 08:12 PM)Renliss Wrote: Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing: Currently going to school for Animation/game design and I am a sucker for D&D/Pathfinder. If I could, I would just play Pathfinder all day every day. xD

Oh how I wish professional table top gamer was a legitimate career path.  Welcome to the community!

I would be all over that career choice.

RE: I am terrible at intros, fair warning! - rynsan - 08-19-2013

Weclome to the RPC. Intros are hard but once done, the ice was broken. I hope you have fun here and enjoy your time on the beta test this weekend. Big Grin