Hydaelyn Role-Players
Skype RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Skype RP (/showthread.php?tid=3822)

Pages: 1 2 3

Skype RP - S'demyx Tia - 08-21-2013

My linkshell occassionally RP's using the program. Just wondering if anyone else does as well? Big Grin Always looking for new RP buds.

Edit: Feel free to drop more messages for my Skype. Maybe we can get something going before EA!

RE: Skype RP - Quuyn - 08-21-2013

Pfffffffft. Don't trust him, he'll beat you up in RP.

RE: Skype RP - sanguineFenrir - 08-21-2013

I'd be open to using it for text only RP, but I don't know anyone else who does. Speaking of Skype, I wanted to get into the chat the RPC had in the off-topic subforum, but that seems to have died off.

I'm curious if there are other Skype groups as well.

RE: Skype RP - S'demyx Tia - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 09:13 PM)Koyu Wrote: S'demyx is so amazing and an awesome RPer and just so handsome omgosh *pantydrop*
Oh thanks, Koyu. Cool

(08-21-2013, 09:14 PM)sanguineFenrir Wrote: I'd be open to using it for text only RP, but I don't know anyone else who does. Speaking of Skype, I wanted to get into the chat the RPC had in the off-topic subforum, but that seems to have died off.

We only use it for text-only RP. The LS usually schedules RP's at least several hours/days in advance so most can make it. But it'd be nice to get one going that was outside of the LS, if just to meet some other peeps on the forums.

RE: Skype RP - Quuyn - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 09:14 PM)sanguineFenrir Wrote: I'd be open to using it for text only RP, but I don't know anyone else who does. Speaking of Skype, I wanted to get into the chat the RPC had in the off-topic subforum, but that seems to have died off.

I'm with this guy.  I know that I would fall over from embarrassment if I RP'd via voice.- Though I'm probably pretty accurate considering I'm always tired!

But yeah, I'd be up for Text.

OH YEAH, S'demyx is drop dead sexy and I want his babies.

Show Content

RE: Skype RP - LiadansWhisper - 08-21-2013

I've used Skype for RP before in the past, primarily for scripted combat that we couldn't actually play out in the world (we had to figure out the ending, it was part of a greater storyline, etc).  I started in text-based RP so yeah.

I don't ever use Skype for voice RP tho!  That's just weird to me! Smile

RE: Skype RP - Lren - 08-21-2013

I RP on skype every now and then, with the text crowd though. Voice... Just would kill it for me, I think. Though generally I have it on for talking with friends and what not.

RE: Skype RP - Clover - 08-22-2013

I'd love to RP over Skype, but I haven't had the chance to do it with any member from this community (>_<)
(I've voice RPed before, but it was in a Spanish community. It's a pity that I can't speak English, otherwise I'd be so up for it *laughs*).

RE: Skype RP - LiadansWhisper - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 02:33 AM)Clover Wrote: I'd love to RP over Skype, but I haven't had the chance to do it with any member from this community (>_<Wink
(I've voice RPed before, but it was in a Spanish community. It's a pity that I can't speak English, otherwise I'd be so up for it *laughs*).

You can't speak English? I am surprised! You write it better than most of the people here speak it! Smile

RE: Skype RP - xaaniko - 08-22-2013

Sure, i'd be interested. Currently bored to the point of gouging out my eyes with rusty spoons, so send me a PM with your skype chat if you want!

RE: Skype RP - Gar - 08-22-2013

Yeah, we have been using Skype to RP over at XI:7. Its the only thing keeping some of us sane before the game comes out.

Skype ID: house.houskeeper

If any of you guys wanna come hang out with XI:7 crowd just drop me a message.

RE: Skype RP - Nova - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 02:42 AM)xaaniko Wrote: Sure, i'd be interested. Currently bored to the point of gouging out my eyes with rusty spoons, so send me a PM with your skype chat if you want!

Can I borrow one of your spoons?

sapphire584 if anyone wants to hit me up for skype RP.

RE: Skype RP - Quuyn - 08-22-2013

JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP. He wasn't referring to skype call RP. Aka Voice RP, we Text RP over skype! So don't be frightened if that's what you thought he meant!

RE: Skype RP - LiadansWhisper - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 02:47 AM)Koyu Wrote: JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP. He wasn't referring to skype call RP. Aka Voice RP, we Text RP over skype! So don't be frightened if that's what you thought he meant!

We aren't fooled by your platitudes!  We know the truth!  Bouncy

Since others have tossed theirs out, feel free to add me.  Just don't laugh at my name, ok?

HRHidingOutAsReta

It's a long, long story.  Dodgy

RE: Skype RP - Chakha Malqir - 08-22-2013

I am very open to any form of chat-based RP. I just don't do well with forum-based RP as the line count is typically far more demanding and I lack the patience to maintain such things. In chat, at the very least, the setting is pre-established and individuals can act and speak much quicker in succession.

While I am not accustomed to Voice RPs, it would certainly be interesting to try. Unfortunately, I am rather uncomfortable with any form of voice chat, so it may take time for me to warm up to the idea.

Feel free to add me on Skype if you would like to RP with Virgil:

hakuro.de.killer