Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Pugilist of Ala Mhigo - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Pugilist of Ala Mhigo (/showthread.php?tid=3823)

The Pugilist of Ala Mhigo - TwilightSea - 08-21-2013

Author's note: This is my backstory for my character. I'm not sure where to put it so this was the best place I could think of. Please move this thread if should be in a more appropriate place. I will leave the thread open for comments, but this is strictly for setting during the 1.0 era for my character. THIS IS NOT AN OPEN TOPIC FOR ROLEPLAYING. I keep my roleplaying in-game. Thank you for understanding.
-----

Twenty years ago……

It was a beautiful day in Ala Mhigo, children were playing in the grassy meadows, townsfolk were chatting it up passing time and a small white-haired Lalafell was playing make-believe with punches and kicks, imagining he was a might Monk, defending his home and defeating monsters. All that came to a crashing end when Garlemald invaded the prosperous Ala Mhigo. It came out of nowhere, great airships in the sky with their machina came from the clouds. Their cannonballs and lasers scorched the plains and set the skies on fire. Death was everywhere.
Everyone ran for their lives, some decided to pick up their weapons and fight. The white-haired Lalafell picked up a stick on the ground and wanted to fight against the invaders. What a brave soul but alas he was only at the mere age of 10. Too young to defend his country, so said his mother. She grabbed his hand and they began to flee when a laser beam from a magitek armor smashed through a building, causing it to collapse in front of them. Dust rose everywhere and figures walked into the dust. The Lalafell and his mother gritted their teeth and saw their usurpers. Garlemald soldiers wielding gunblades. They smirked and aimed their weapons at the Lalafell. He covered his head as they fired their weapons at him, showing no mercy for children. What monsters they were. His mother instantly jumped in front of him. The bullets riddled her as she flailed and twitched, dying. The Lalafell grabbed onto her corpse and begun to cry, knowing well she died protecting her child. He begged Rhaglr to revive her but sadly to no avail. He looked back at his enemies with pure unfiltered hatred in his eyes. Quickly looking around he found the stick on the ground and gripped it tightly. The soldiers laughed at him and thought it was cute that a brave boy would defeat them with a stick. They walked closer to him not going to waste more bullets on a mere child. He shook his stick in fear but swallowed hard, trying not to show fear from his would-be murderers.
“How cute, he wants to fight us with a stick. Oh why not, let him try to attack us just for laughs.” The soldier laughed and dropped his weapon. The Lalafell softly put his mother on the ground, slowly stood up and charged at his enemies. They continued to laugh at him. What humor this child was bringing to them. Before he could reach them, two yellow blurs sped past them, too fast for them to see but not for the child. He stopped suddenly and smiled at them.
“Decided that you have accepted your fate and made thanks to your heathen g—”

The Lalafell grinned, showing fangs at the soldiers and dropped his stick. “No, I’m smiling because you’re already dead.” The soldiers eyes bulged as their chests exploded and lumped over to their deaths. A Roegadyn monk appeared in front of him and held out his hand. “It’s not safe for you to be here little one. I’ll take you out of here.”
The Lalafell smiled at the Roegadyn and grabbed his hand as he lifted the child and placed him on his shoulder. “So what’s your name little Lalafell?”
“My name is Iacon. Iacon Dawnshire.” The giant monk gave him a bright smile and a thumbs up.

“Well Iacon, best you hold on tight. We’re going for a ride.” Iacon did and the Roegadyn brought him to a safe spot. It was to the south and a big group of refugees gathered together. People who could not fight decided to leave their city. Iacon tried to persuade the Roegadyn monk that he wanted to fight but he shook his head.

“You are too young little pup. Ala Mhigo has already begun to fall and I would not want you to suffer the fate as many. Go now and save yourself. Train well and perhaps one day you can liberate Ala Mhigo from the Garleans. I must stay here and fight.” He gave Iacon to a young Elezen and went back to fighting against the enemy. Iacon tried to fight out of the Elezen’s grip but was unable to do so. They went inside the caravan and begun to leave Ala Mhigo. Iacon looked at what was the last remains of his home and saw it in ruin as soldiers, magitek armors, flying contraptions overwhelmed the monks of Ala Mhigo. “I will avenge you mother. I will avenge you great Roegaydn monk. I swear this on my family’s honor.” He whispered to himself as Ala Mhigo became farther, and farther away.

Five years ago.

Much as happened to Iacon Dawnshire. He has not forgotten the fall of Ala Mhigo and has trained diligently in the marital art of the pugilist but his true calling was with the bow and in his training he has become a Bard. Calling Ul’dah his new home, he has done much in this time and yet he knew it was not enough. Especially with Garlemald trying to annihilate Eorzea with the meteor project. Dalamud. That damned moon has been brought from the heavens and will crash upon these lands. Times are hard and frightful but with his training, Iacon refuses to let these lands fall to his foes. Not again. The three Grand Companies created an alliance to combat against the Garleans and they ask that all adventurers who can fight must. He grabbed a flyer and read it.
The Battle for Eorzea will take plains in Cartenau. Fight and help defend these lands from the Garleans!
He gripped onto the paper tightly,crumpling it and looked at the skies. Dalamud was ever closer, weather was changed sporadically, and there are rumors of Voidsent monsters are attacking adventurers near the Aetherite crystals were being drained by a monster with a cavernous mouth. These were dark times he thought to himself. He decided. He would head to Mor Dhona and fight the Garleans head on. He thought of the past and remembered his home. Ala Mhigo fall to the Garleans. He remembered his mother dying in his hands, protecting him. He remembered the Roegadyn Monk, saving him. Surly he must have died in the battle. He did not forget them. He did not forget his friends. He would fight in their honor, or die trying. It was time for payback, and payback is twenty-years long overdue.

The next few days have come and gone and Iacon, many other adventurers, and the army of the Eorzea Alliance has gathered together. The generals gave an inspiring speech, ralling morale for the troops. Iacon smiled and looked up for one final time. The skies were blood red and fireballs were being tossed from Dalamud. It wouldn’t be long before it smashed into the lands.

Both armies charged at each other, death was everywhere. Soldiers upon soldiers. Many fought bravely and killed the Garleans but were unable to defend themselves against their Machinated weapons. Other adventurers took part of the fight. A Warrior and Paladin charged into battle, decimating their foes while being covered by a Bard and a Black Mage. Not wasting time, Iacon charged in as well and pelted several solders with arrows. He thought this was exhilarating. With each kill with his arrow, he avenged his Ala Mhigo brothers and sisters. While it was not of the Monk, the would be satisfied none-the-less. He jumped high in the air and pelted several soldiers with his ability he learned. Rains of Death and killed many soldiers. Yet, it was never enough. He heard a strange sound in the sky, looked up and saw a giant key ejected from Dalamud. It smashed into the ground and knocked him over. Coughing, he looked up and saw something he could have never imagined before. Dalamud was erupting and a giant dragon was coming out of its prison.
“By the gods, Dalamud isn’t a moon. It’s a prison. It’s a prison for….” The Dragon expanded its wings and let out a mighty roar as whatever pieces of its prison was sent escalating the landscape, destroying everything it touches. “Bahamut! The Elder Primal Bahamut. By the gods…” Iacon watched in awe as Bahamut flew across the landscape, decimating everything and everyone. Once again he felt helpless, unable to do a thing. It was as if Ala Mhigo has fallen all over again. A piece of Dalamud headed straight to Iacon but instantly exploded as a blue shield protected him. He looked back and saw his friend, Louisoix with a staff protecting him and the other adventurers from Bahamut’s wrath.

The next thing Iacon saw was beams of light from the distance and their attempt to reseal Bahamut. Yet sadly it failed, gaining too much strength from the Aether, Bahamut easily destroyed its new prison with its Megaflare ability. Rocks flew up as electricity surged through Bahamut. Louisoix wasted no time and sent the adventurers away. The last thing he saw before vanishing was the beam of Megaflare…