Hydaelyn Role-Players
Talathar Khalynn - White Mage Aspirant - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Talathar Khalynn - White Mage Aspirant (/showthread.php?tid=3836)

Talathar Khalynn - White Mage Aspirant - Talathar Khalynn - 08-22-2013

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Talathar Khalynn
  • Primary character: Talathar Khalynn
  • Linkshells: The Brat Brigade, Coalition OOC, Coalition OOC1, Driftwood Coast, Frost Tribe, Limitless Sky
  • Primary RP linkshell: Not Yet Determined
II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium. Leaning towards casual in that I tend to prefer being a support character, and not take the stage myself in spanning story arcs. However, in Final Fantasy XI, my tarutaru WHM was always in-character, even in mixed parties. (I've mellowed out a bit with age, and promise not to traumatize anyone with the tarutaru accent anymore. Tongue )

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Because of my lack of PvP skills, RP combat incorporating game mechanics would most likely lead to my Lalafell lying face-first in the dirt. 

For text-based RP combat, it would depend on the situation. I have taken part in text-based RP before, and tend to follow the formula that you can attempt an attack on another player, but allow that player to decide whether or not your attack connects or not. Generally, my characters tend to be defenders, protectors, and healers, which limit the types of scenarios that would find them confronting a problem with weapons drawn. Words first, and swords only if diplomacy fails.

I do not have a problem with my characters bearing the scars of past battles, should the situation call for it. 

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm not adverse to IC romance - provided someone can get through Tala's rather thick skull on the subject. Because of her past, she's been rather sheltered in life and has never been in a romantic relationship. She has not ever felt romantic love or desire, and doesn't seem to have much interest. She's fine with others around her coupling up, or enjoying company between the sheets, and is sometimes secretly amused by all the shenanigans.

However, she's completely oblivious to any kind of romantic attention directed to herself. Totally, 100% clueless. She doesn't (yet) see the point of it all, and secretly thinks it's not worth all the hassle and emotional entanglements. So far, she's content to watch the game from a distance.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I have no problems with having family ties or friendships IC'ly between different characters, so long as it's something all parties involved consent to, and it makes sense. Currently, Tala has two adopted sisters - the miqo-te M'yrissa Tahl, and the roegadyn Korynna Tahl.

• Views on lore:
    As a newbie to FFXIV, I'm not too clear on the lore yet. I tend to try to keep to the native lore as much as possible, and fit my character into it as best I can.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Normally, I assume /say is always IC, and view /whisper as OOC.

For /linkshell, it would depend on that particular linkshell. If it is a casual LS meant for OOC chatter, I would not force RP on the channel. If it is a RP LS, then I would try to keep IC as much as possible, and any OOC chat would be marked by the standard double parenthesis.

The same goes for /party - if the party is primarily RP, I would try to stay IC as much as possible. However, if the party agrees to be OOC, then I would respect that as well.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: Pacific
  • Contact info: 
    Facebook chat: Talathar Khalynn (you may have to friend me first)
    Gmail Chat/Hangout: [email protected]
    In-game mail system

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Talathar Khalynn - White Mage Aspirant - Talathar Khalynn - 10-21-2013

Character Profile for Talathar Khalynn

RE: Talathar Khalynn - White Mage Aspirant - Mippa - 02-03-2014

Tala and Fram need to get in touch! There aren't enough White Mages around and we need to stick together!