Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Chat Window - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Chat Window (/showthread.php?tid=3951)

The Chat Window - Raccoon - 08-24-2013

Anyone having an issue with it not properly scrolling while you're chatting/RPing, as new stuff gets added to it? The scroll bar's as far down as it'll go.

RE: The Chat Window - Valtiere - 08-25-2013

Yep, I've been getting that problem all night. Though, apparently it really hates custom emotes. The other channels don't seem to bug as much for me.

RE: The Chat Window - Cato - 08-25-2013

I've been having a few issues myself. On a side note, how exactly do I perform a custom emote? Whenever I've tried /em it doesn't display my character name at all whereas in other MMO's it usually does.

Do I have to type out my character's name manually each time I perform a custom emote?

RE: The Chat Window - Raccoon - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 02:29 AM)Theodric Brandt Wrote: I've been having a few issues myself. On a side note, how exactly do I perform a custom emote? Whenever I've tried /em it doesn't display my character name at all whereas in other MMO's it usually does.

Do I have to type out my character's name manually each time I perform a custom emote?

No, it should just go "Theodric Brandt scratches his head in confusion" when you type "/em scratches his head in confusion".

RE: The Chat Window - Cato - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 02:36 AM)Raccoon Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 02:29 AM)Theodric Brandt Wrote: I've been having a few issues myself. On a side note, how exactly do I perform a custom emote? Whenever I've tried /em it doesn't display my character name at all whereas in other MMO's it usually does.

No, it should just go "Theodric Brandt scratches his head in confusion" when you type "/em scratches his head in confusion".

Ah, thanks! It's working now - thankfully - but last night it kept showing 'scratches his head in confusion' which led to some other players asking where it was coming from in map chat!

RE: The Chat Window - LiadansWhisper - 08-25-2013

It stopped scrolling for me, too.  But I'm 99.99% certain that it was Lothaire's fault.

Because reasons, bro. Cool

RE: The Chat Window - Haven's Fox - 08-25-2013

The only thing that has been bugging me is with the 4th tab. There is a delay on the text when side by side with the main general chat tab.

RE: The Chat Window - Valtiere - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 03:05 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: It stopped scrolling for me, too.  But I'm 99.99% certain that it was Lothaire's fault.

Stop blaming me! I didn't touch it, I swear. >.>

RE: The Chat Window - LiadansWhisper - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 10:27 AM)Lothaire Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 03:05 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: It stopped scrolling for me, too.  But I'm 99.99% certain that it was Lothaire's fault.

Stop blaming me! I didn't touch it, I swear. >.>

I'm blaming you!  Yep.  Angel