Hydaelyn Role-Players
Symbols of the Twelve - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Symbols of the Twelve (/showthread.php?tid=3968)

Symbols of the Twelve - Rebelwerewolf - 08-25-2013

Hi everyone,

I'm new to FFXIV, and I'd like to roleplay (though I haven't been allowed to create a character on either Balmung or Gilgamesh yet).

I read through the very detailed lore at the top of this page, and I have a question about the symbols of the Twelve that appeared prior to the Battle of Carteneau. Where were they located? If a pilgrim was praying at one of the symbols during the actual battle, would they have seen anything to suggest that the ritual had worked or failed? 

Thanks!

RE: Symbols of the Twelve - Kyrio Lamansque - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 12:33 PM)Rebelwerewolf Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm new to FFXIV, and I'd like to roleplay (though I haven't been allowed to create a character on either Balmung or Gilgamesh yet).

I read through the very detailed lore at the top of this page, and I have a question about the symbols of the Twelve that appeared prior to the Battle of Carteneau. Where were they located? If a pilgrim was praying at one of the symbols during the actual battle, would they have seen anything to suggest that the ritual had worked or failed? 

Thanks!
This is merely from looking through both of the videos - both at starting the game at the first time, and when you let the title screen stay for too long. You see some of the main NPCs praying at the shrines, and the symbols of the specific person of the Twelve light up. So that would make me think there was at least an acknowledgement from that person of the Twelve.

RE: Symbols of the Twelve - Naunet - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 12:38 PM)Sukakun Wrote: This is merely from looking through both of the videos - both at starting the game at the first time, and when you let the title screen stay for too long. You see some of the main NPCs praying at the shrines, and the symbols of the specific person of the Twelve light up. So that would make me think there was at least an acknowledgement from that person of the Twelve.

I get the feeling that Dalamud's fall was a special time for the Twelve and they don't usually manifest as they did. Recall that Louisioux was attempting to reseal Bahamut through some kind of spell that was utilizing energy from the Twelve.

I think it would take a very significant event and strong prayer to get tangible response from the Twelve, but that's just my interpretation.

RE: Symbols of the Twelve - Bloodwillow - 08-25-2013

Gods are a fickle bunch in many games.

Just from what I watched of the video out there, my guess is they knew what was coming at least in the stance of a battle and did all they could to call and appease each deity in hopes of them lending their aid.

Seriously, the part when they used their power to "try" and hold Bahamut was fricking epic ... shame it didn't work.  Cry

RE: Symbols of the Twelve - Nimarhie - 08-25-2013

When they had the original music (the woman singing) playing during the trailer I had shivers and such an adrenaline rush. lol

I would like to know where this symbol for the Shroud is, because I would like to have Taijha being one of the people there praying during the battle (she was too young to be in the battle itself).

RE: Symbols of the Twelve - Rebelwerewolf - 08-25-2013

Nimarhie,

My thoughts were along the line of yours. My character's family is pretty religious and would have made the pilgrimage to pray at the symbol for their deity.